Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Release Date

2»

Comments

• I will keep following this game. I did not back the game up and unfortunately I did not find this game in time for the kick starter. I came in right after the kick starter ended but was there for the summer. I believe in what intrepid is doing and understand what Apocalypse is being used for. The Nodes system is a new concept in the world of MMOs. On top of that creating a world that interacts with the players input is a process in itself. I would not mind a pro-longed beta as long as it is open NDA and shows continue development. Being transparent will be key if the game does get delayed again as people just want to know why. What is happening that is delaying the progress? Where is the progress currently at? What is going to developed next? Etc.

At some point when I do have the funds I will invest into the game for the B2 persistent beta. If they decide to release an other patch of A0 keys or whatever I will also pay for it.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Atama wrote: »
    Grisu wrote: »
    @Ferryman You remind me of gigabear.

We don’t say that name around here.

btw he is already banned on the forums ^^

Good, way too much noise, too little signal from that one. :)

Hhak63P.png
  • mirgmirg Member
    Considering that this game is actively advertised on showcased on My.com I think you'll be seeing the game releasing in beta sometime in late 2019 or early 2020 then the final released product will prob be around summer of 2020.
    mirg wrote: »
    Considering that this game is actively advertised on showcased on My.com I think you'll be seeing the game releasing in beta sometime in late 2019 or early 2020 then the final released product will prob be around summer of 2020.

Yes, because when I think trustworthy organizations, I think My.com! B)

Hhak63P.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I just hope intrepid keep to their word concerning my.com
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • grisugrisu Member
    Aside from self publishing, who do you suggest as alternative? @Atama
    It's garbage left or garbage right for EU. At the very least my.com went into a contract with IS. Just curious.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • mozsta69mozsta69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Considering we are nearly half way through 2019 I place a bet on the game being released late 2021.
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    mozsta69 wrote: »
    Considering we are nearly half way through 2019 I place a bet on the game being released late 2021.

Depends on the length of the testing phases. Intrepid did say that the beta phases will not last months, but weeks. If A1 comes out in late 2019, I could easily see the game release throughout 2020, but we'll have to wait and see
  • Grisu wrote: »
    Calling Giga, basically a troll, doesn't capture his essence, but reading Ferryman texts just gives of the same vibes.
    I shouldn't have written it and I have no intention to talk about it. People can believe their perception of information in whatever way they want, the game will come the way IS wants.

It is the same with every post in the forums. Content is more or less about writer's opinion or point of view. Community members should not take personally feedback or critisism what is pointed for developers. And of course IS will do what ever they want or they think is the best way to act. That does not mean, that people should automatically agree with those solutions, and imo it is only reasonable to give feedback if you notice a grievance (from your opinion). IS developers are big boyz enough to weight what feedback or critisism is valid. I am sorry if I have hurt your personal feelings, that is not my intend.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • grisugrisu Member
    See, already happening. Where did I ever even hint at giving feedback is bad? This whole response of yours is utterly pointless and has no relevance to what I said.
    I quite literally said, people should do whatever they want with the information they have and somehow it turned into me deeming critizism as a concept invalid and possible hurt feelings.
    "The way IS wants it" is also not a path marked in stone , they can change their views and have on some topics. I quite dare even say some changes are based on community feedback. Just had to point it out to leave nothing open.

I shouldn't have brought it up, my mistake, so please refrain from reading more random stuff into it. Totally Giga like btw. There is a message function btw.
    tenor.gif
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Oh well, what can I say.. At least try to take my writings less personally or what ever is the reason you are so irritated. I would understand if I have targeted something especially for you, but I have not. I guess that gigabear guy has done something really bad for you.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
    grisu wrote: »
    Aside from self publishing, who do you suggest as alternative? @Atama
    It's garbage left or garbage right for EU. At the very least my.com went into a contract with IS. Just curious.
    They had no good alternative. It was either use My.com or not be in the EU. It was the lesser evil.

My point was that using My.com as a source for information not presented by IS themselves is not wise. I frankly don’t trust them, for obvious reasons. Essentially, saying “I got it from My.com so it must be true!” is worth a chuckle.

Hhak63P.png
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They had no good alternative. It was either use My.com or not be in the EU. It was the lesser evil.

My point was that using My.com as a source for information not presented by IS themselves is not wise. I frankly don’t trust them, for obvious reasons. Essentially, saying “I got it from My.com so it must be true!” is worth a chuckle.

I dont think Steven ever said it was my.com or not be in Europe, he said to self publish would cause delays.
    We will just have to hope Steven does keep to his word when it comes to my.com
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    neomir wrote: »

I dont think Steven ever said it was my.com or not be in Europe, he said to self publish would cause delays.

True, I do vaguely remember now that they said if they self-published in the EU that they’d be releasing much farther out than the rest of the world (I believe online privacy regulations in the EU were at least partially to blame). So this was their way of letting EU players join with everyone else.

Hhak63P.png
    neomir wrote: »

True, I do vaguely remember now that they said if they self-published in the EU that they’d be releasing much farther out than the rest of the world (I believe online privacy regulations in the EU were at least partially to blame). So this was their way of letting EU players join with everyone else.

shame the delay did not happen sooner ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    I know it'll be a great game c: with them realizing they need to delay and not rush it, I know everybody is dying for the game and can be upset about delays and stuff but It'll be worth the wait. If it's really going to be this good, and draw in all the peeps they want then hecc! I'll be happy to have this be my first main mmorpg c:
    Poko.png
  • If this game is forced pvp centric, it will fail. If it is not forced, then it has a shot, assuming they can ever get it live.
    If this game is forced pvp centric, it will fail. If it is not forced, then it has a shot, assuming they can ever get it live.
    What you do mean "forced pvp centric"? Do you mean that the game revolves around PvP primarily, and forces you to fight other players all the time? This game does not do that. There will be a lot of PvE content and there are systems to discourage (though not prevent) non-consensual PvP.

If you mean the game is "forced pvp centric" because there is no way to become immune to PvP and there will be times when a player may attack you without your consent, and that you can't walk around feeling completely safe from other players... Then yes, that is true of this game. Which is nothing new, that was how the game was initially conceived in the first place.

Hhak63P.png
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

I just hope intrepid keep to their word concerning my.com

They should or will lose a lot of player in EU, nobody here has love for them.
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If this game is forced pvp centric, it will fail. If it is not forced, then it has a shot, assuming they can ever get it live.

Not really ? it has been told that we will have open world pvp from the start and everyone here knows it.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    autumnleaf wrote: »

Not really ? it has been told that we will have open world pvp from the start and everyone here knows it.

Archeage and BDO are PvP centric and both were hugely successful despite the heavy P2W aspects.

Most people left those games over bad decisions at the company level, not the fact it's PvP.

There's a disturbing trend around here that just because something isn't to your taste of style, it therefore has no value. This is far from the truth.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In BDO you don't have to PvP until like level 45.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• DatFaceDatFace Member
    It will be like L2, players hitting will get marked - killing someone that didn't hit you back gets a PK (sort of)
    and scaling PvP / PK tabs.

I dont see why this is wrong, imagine going to raid something (a dungeon for example) with your guild and you get crossed with another guild and have a fight together - winner gets to fight the boss and get the drops/achiev or whatsoever...

I'm excited for that tbh and im not even a passioned-pvp-guy :P
    Signature-member.gif?ex=65f8921e&is=65e61d1e&hm=641bd6b35a822914246ec22db2ffb7655711526fc207838718e599f1fdd1c864&=
    DatFace wrote: »
    It will be like L2, players hitting will get marked - killing someone that didn't hit you back gets a PK (sort of)
    and scaling PvP / PK tabs.

I dont see why this is wrong, imagine going to raid something (a dungeon for example) with your guild and you get crossed with another guild and have a fight together - winner gets to fight the boss and get the drops/achiev or whatsoever...

I'm excited for that tbh and im not even a passioned-pvp-guy :P
    I’m the same as you. I rarely PvP and open world PvP is something I avoid like the plague. But I’m excited for a situation like you describe all the same. :)

Hhak63P.png
  • glakunsglakuns Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One

My.com will apply pressure to get a reasonable release date. Hopefully AoC will be ready by then anyway. Use of interesting testing strategies has proven out the development. Just think how boring it would have been to kill 1 million boars. Maybe we will get less PvP-centric testing for nodes.

Developing gaming software would be harder on the east coast or worse, the Midwest, so that is why I've held hope here.
  • daewulfdaewulf Member
    edited May 2019
    I am still waiting in the shadows
    glakuns wrote: »
    Just think how boring it would have been to kill 1 million boars.
    Not for the boards.

Hhak63P.png
  • atama wrote: »
    What you do mean "forced pvp centric"? Do you mean that the game revolves around PvP primarily, and forces you to fight other players all the time? This game does not do that. There will be a lot of PvE content and there are systems to discourage (though not prevent) non-consensual PvP.

If you mean the game is "forced pvp centric" because there is no way to become immune to PvP and there will be times when a player may attack you without your consent, and that you can't walk around feeling completely safe from other players... Then yes, that is true of this game. Which is nothing new, that was how the game was initially conceived in the first place.

Thank you for confirming. I won't be playing. Enjoy your game.
    atama wrote: »

Thank you for confirming. I won't be playing. Enjoy your game.

World PvP isn’t for everyone. If it wasn’t for the Corruption system I wouldn’t be interested either.

Hhak63P.png