Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Know Your Nodes Series

edited October 2019 in Announcements
Nodes are a key component of the Ashes of Creation MMORPG, and our “Know Your Nodes” series of blog posts is a great way to learn more about them! From the basics to more advanced design plans, this ongoing series aims to give you a look at all the aspects of Nodes.

Know Your Nodes: The Basics
Know Your Nodes: Advance and Destroy
Know Your Nodes: Scientific Node Type
Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type
Next up - Know Your Nodes: Divine Node Type

For other Node-related content, we recommend checking out our video series as well:

Nodes: Part One
Nodes: Part Two
community_management.gif

Comments

• sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    A wise Verran once said, "To know them is to love them," and I love the science nodes. :smile:
    fNX2ISa.png

• CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    cant wait for the other node types!
    Kalez.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Divine nodes for the win
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • xdefiancexdefiance Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Love the scientific node already! Can't wait to see what else it offers that they haven't mentioned
  • BGtrevBGtrev Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    looks good!
    olupadb59c3.png
  • DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    edited April 2019
    The community thanks you for the continued stream of information. The deets are amazing. It doesn't beat the node tech video though! :)

tenor.gif
  • ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Really appreciate and love this content that's been coming out recently!
  • VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd like to see a Know Your Nodes: Personal Housing. And see the changes of property from Village, Town, City, Metro. See some pimped out interior decorating examples. Freeholds too how they change as the node changes. And *hint hint* maybe you could sucker some of us out of our money by selling a few interior housing cosmetics. Everyone likes some house plants, art, sculptures, fountains, fireplaces and furniture.

Take my money stupid.
  • mozsta69mozsta69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Great information keep up the great work, cant wait to learn about the other nodes! oh where am i going to settle? This MMO is not only what class shall i be, what crafting shall i partake, with nodes now the real question is....what lifestyle shall i lead ....freakin great.
  • LuckyGeekLuckyGeek Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Freeholds next!
    On his one hand he wore rings of stone,
    iron, amber, wood and bone.
  • AthetoAtheto Member, Intrepid Pack
    Very much looking forward to the remaining 3 node types. The information will go a long way to facilitating discussion around individual and guild preferences.
  • Same here. i just posted something here to get everyone to look at it since the date updates with last post. freak some people out.
  • LuckyGeekLuckyGeek Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The hype is real.
    On his one hand he wore rings of stone,
    iron, amber, wood and bone.
  • geequegeeque Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    looking good, one step closer, err one node closer
  • timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Next node is my node ^_^
  • this is here for a joke
    gotchya
    what's the best type of node?

a dead node ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    what's the best type of node?

a dead node ^^

Na, dead node = nothing to reawke for you :open_mouth:
  • tarrostarros Member
    edited April 2019
    Why is the siege capped at lvl 3 towns? Anything over lvl 3 would just stay in place with free rein over everything around it. Unless the controlling guild/group decide to change it. How will outside sources influence the struggles of other ZOI after lvl 3?

Edit: Ignore this. I just miss read the information. *puts on hat of shame*
    tarros wrote: »
    Why is the siege capped at lvl 3 towns? Anything over lvl 3 would just stay in place with free rein over everything around it. Unless the controlling guild/group decide to change it. How will outside sources influence the struggles of other ZOI after lvl 3?

It's raised to the ground still
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• trojotrojo Member
    tarros wrote: »

Siege targets have a minimum, not a cap, of level 3. "Nodes can be destroyed starting at Level 3 - Village Stage, and are destroyed through sieges."

I would venture to guess the reason you can't siege level 1 or 2 nodes is that level 2 and below do not vassalize or restrict the growth of the nodes around them. In addition, lower level nodes can be built up in a matter of hours (it was said somewhere...), so there seems little point in going to the trouble of either attacking or defending them. Why bother doing the required quest to start a siege, arranging to have trebuchets built, etc, just to reduce a level 1 node to level 0? And why bother defending it when the level 1 node can be brought back with just a few hours of fishing in the nearby lake?
  • I got another question, this Nodes are for each individual players or for groups?
    You have to be in a clan/guild and work all together to increase the level of the Node?
    Or its individual and everything expands by the players own decisions?

Cheers
    Signature-member.gif?ex=65f8921e&is=65e61d1e&hm=641bd6b35a822914246ec22db2ffb7655711526fc207838718e599f1fdd1c864&=
  • trojotrojo Member
    DatFace wrote: »
    I got another question, this Nodes are for each individual players or for groups?
    You have to be in a clan/guild and work all together to increase the level of the Node?
    Or its individual and everything expands by the players own decisions?

Nodes don't really belong to an individual or a group of players. Nodes level up as a result of players (any players) gaining experience (whether from adventuring, tradeskilling, whatever) in the vicinity of that Node. How much impact one player can have, though, is hard to say. Once a Node is leveled up, anyone can come and benefit from the new NPCs/buildings that spawn as a result, even if those people didn't previously contribute to the Node's level. (Although, some Node benefits are restricted to citizens of that Node.)

I imagine for most players, the leveling of Nodes will be mostly irrelevant to their own day-to-day exp grinding, questing, and crafting-- something "cool" that happens in the background, but not what guides their decisions as to where to hunt next.

• DexamoruDexamoru Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    Anyone know how often these are released? I kinda want to know what all the nodes do...
  • soontm
  • Where is the info about Economic nodes? I cannot wait any longer!
    Forgive and you will free yourself. Peace be with you all.
  • Kiryu_riyKiryu_riy Member, Leader of Men
    When?
    soonTM
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ryuuji wrote: »
    When?

When you least expect it.
    k2U15J3.png
    arzosah wrote: »
    ryuuji wrote: »
    When?

When you least expect it.

just like some men in red coats I know
    nJ0vUSm.gif