Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The First Week Of Release.

VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I know that is somewhat premature as we are who knows how far away from this actually happening.

But what are you're in game plans for that first week of release?

I will create my Ren'Kai tank and head off into the world find where to collect my gathering tools as this being my main will be a gatherer, miner to be precise. Try to gain a level or 2 then start work on getting my guild formed and my nufty guildmates organized. Obtaining a mount will be a fairly high priority as well along with some bags/backpack to haul my gear around in.

Then quite quickly will come up to 3 alts race and class yet to be decided, the main role of these 3 will be as mules for storage but the main reason is to get their artisan skills underway 1 processor 1 armorsmith and 1 weaponsmith. This no doubt will be subject to change as we find out more details about the artisan skills and how they work.

I know the best-laid plans of mice and men but this is what I hope to achieve in my first week of the live MMO.
3KAqRIf.png
Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.

Comments

• GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Just reserving a lot of names and not leave the character creation until the servers are stable.
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Actually I'd like to do all these in Alpha and see how that works out ;)
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm planning on taking the first week or two of release off from work. Having decided what class I want to play during the Alpha/Beta phase I'll make my character and be off on my adventure. I expect the first day will consist of a lot of running around and exploring, since I have a 2 day head start from kickstarter the nodes wont be active yet so I can't expect to have a lot of quests to work on, I hope at least I'll be able to find some gathering profession trainers so I can start working on collecting some resources and such. Though without nodes to level and quests to do I expect there to be more than a bit of chaotic PvP raging the fields of Verra.
    k2U15J3.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    dying mostly
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If I can figure out my PC before release my goal will be to bunker down with a node and aim for level 3. Then move onto adventuring and crafting. My first two days before release will be all about the exploration.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Level in the wilds, make some contacts, ask these contacts if they want some shiny gems, ask them if they want to do TONS OF DUNGEONS, level the node, grind some more, no sleep never sleep sleepyheads are weak.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    damokles wrote: »
    Level in the wilds, make some contacts, ask these contacts if they want some shiny gems, ask them if they want to do TONS OF DUNGEONS, level the node, grind some more, no sleep never sleep sleepyheads are weak.

sleep-like-sanity-is-for-the-weak.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The first week of an MMO release is so fun. People are so hopeful and friendly, excited to share this new journey.

Until the first server downtime.

Then most people would sell their own mother's torn out heart for a chance to piss in the eye of their best friend.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    karthos wrote: »
    The first week of an MMO release is so fun. People are so hopeful and friendly, excited to share this new journey.

Until the first server downtime.

Then most people would sell their own mother's torn out heart for a chance to piss in the eye of their best friend.

When you and five friends start at the same time, and only one survives the server crash xD
    The bloodbath is legen-... wait for it... -dary. Legendary!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Steven SharifSteven Sharif Moderator, Staff
    edited May 2019
    I will have passed the test. I will diminish...and go into the West...and remain Steven.
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will have passed the test. I will diminish...and go into the West...and remain Steven.

A successful launch is only the end of your first trial. Many more await you in the great journey.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Steven SharifSteven Sharif Moderator, Staff
    arzosah wrote: »

A successful launch is only the end of your first trial. Many more await you in the great journey.

The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

The end times come
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    Probably explore and try to find a good prospect for a potential coastal node to invest my time into. Hopefully pick up fishing and cooking and get started on my professions. If the only way to get professions is to have a higher level node, then I might just stick with the masses until I pick up fishing and cooking, then branch out.
  • Pursuing goals deep under the roots of the world with the other misfit Tulnar. Either playing with my SO or exploring on my solo character depending on what is going on. Mostly exploration and questing with some crafting work as well, also probably scouting out guilds that are around to see if any of them are interesting and if I find one (hopefully one that wants to RP AND push content) join it and start integrating into the node community.
  • noemadnoemad Member
    I'll create my fighter, soon to be a spellsword, and start exploring. I'll want to get started on gathering since I know I'll be doing that. I'm not sure what artisan profession I'll go with on this first character, probably a cook. That is if I decide to do anything besides being a master gatherer on my first character.

I'll do what quests I can, explore, try to help level the node. I don't know how the whole inventory\bags thing is going to work. It's been a while since I read up on it and I don't know what might have changed. Come to think of it I'm not sure I remember what info has even been released yet. I might have to work on that as well.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Oh my is it just the first trial :)
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    I will create my elven fighter and proceed to go into the world, slaughtering my enemies whilst riding on my stufferton
  • edited May 2019
    1 - Make lots of meaningless alts in a vain attempt to gain some name individuality. (I normally end up with ten variants on the same name unusual name, ie: Avelin, Avellin, Avelinne and the like.)

2 - Make more meaningless alts to try to placeholder 'future' wanted names

3 - Just wander about a bit with the community, trying to encourage them that after years of 'end game' swift levelling, a slower pace might be more fun, that sticking around rather than burning out and leaving all of us slow levellers behind in an empty world would be better for them in the long run.

4 - Make lots of notes. Copious notes. I hope that there will be an in game function for note taking regarding story/hints of npcs etc etc.

5 - Work at building guild contacts so I can do what I can to manipulate encourage them towards my own long term goals. 'So your guild wants x long term? Over here is this other guild I know who wants y and would happily do x to get it. Oh and while you're at it, I don't suppose you could possibly do z? Pretty please?'

6 - Work out where the RP hub is likely to be and do what I can to help RPers achieve everything that would encourage them to make RP a more inclusive / public / mainstream affair.

7 - Play the game whilst RPing along.

8 - Enjoy.

This is of course only assuming that a game that is intending to keep it's promises doesn't come along in the meantime, in that case I'm out of here. *Huge grin* I am trying to keep grumbling down to only once a post, the rest of the time I'm staying positive.
  • I still haven't figured out what class to play. Hopefully it will be easyer to decide, when we have more information. Have a warrior, ranger or summoner/necromancer in mind. But will see
  • beardobeardo Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2019
    The first week I’ll be hunting for weapons and attacking people while trying to escape the wall of fire surrounding the map that’s slowly closing in on everyone.
  • beardo wrote: »
    The first week I’ll be hunting for weapons and attacking people while trying to escape the wall of fire surrounding the map that’s slowly closing in on everyone.

Thats APoC
  • easyeasy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    i want a girlfriend lol
  • Explore and begin my artisanry.
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • Tearl StoneheartTearl Stoneheart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I will do everything except rush to the end-game.
  • I'll walk around a bit, find a handful of nodes, see if there is any good ambush points in between, make a map, make some almost copies of my map to sell. Kill something or someone.
  • PitsnowPitsnow Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will take my time and enjoy the game as I plan to be in for the long haul. No rat race to level and become the most decorated / legendary in the shortest time possible. I will play when I can and will remember that there is also a real live outside the game.
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    ...and so Steven thought as he reached Rivendell convinced his part in this great venture was over :wink:

One does not simply walk into MMORPG game development. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten-thousand men could you do this. It is folly.

• I will be sunk in immersion, wandering the lands aiding people on my path.
    "You're seeking for perfection, but your disillusions are leading to destruction.
    You're bleeding for salvation, but you can't see that you are the damnation itself." -Norther
  • aevariaevari Member
    Pretty sure it will be a normal practice by many but I plan to take my time to explore the world. I'd like to take up Animal Husbandry when able to and check out dungeons, but first and foremost I want to discover the world, I love the feeling of exploring the world, I hope it brings a similar if not better feeling of adventure than my very first time exploring Kalimdor on WoW.
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"