Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Summer time activities

tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
When you were a young kid, what was your favorite things to do during summer vacation? I find myself looking for kid’s activities.

Virtue is the only good.

Comments

• AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    NES, so Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros 1,2,3.
    Also, Game Shows and Lego all day.
    Before moving to the middle of nowhere, my friends and I rode bikes and climbed trees. It was a simpler time.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We used to throw rocks at stuff.
    Trains
    Windows
    Cows
    My sister
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    depending on the age but, setting fire to stuff like burning ants with a magnifying glass. making homemade bombs from sparkle sticks, streetfights with betts of the few coins we had, smoking the inside of sticks of the elderberry plant and also smoking those little strings that come of a banana when you peel it, busting nutts even tho nothing comes out yet, going out in the early evening with friends and a remote controller pissing people off by turning off/on theyr TV trough the window XD or when bored playing gameboy or age of empire on a later age :# meh those were some good times !
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Swimming all summer long. Pools, Lakes, water parks, it didn't' matter. We couldn't stay inside and it was too hot to do anything else.

My brothers would jump form the roof onto a trampoline, and into the pool when our parents were gone...but I don't tell MY kids that.
  • Watching my brother and his friends do WWE in the yard. One time, after an evil Raccoon slaughtered all of our chickens, my brother and his amigos turned the empty chicken coup into a ring for an epic Cage Match throw-down. There were motorcycle entrances, retro shades, and I even think one wrestler got hit with a car. As I said before, it was epic.
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • DrizzztDrizzzt Member
    Lots of sports, sometimes going to camp was awesome too. Doing outdoor shit near a lake, fun times.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gamecube games. (I was only allowed to play on my gamecube on weekends or vacations xD)
    Mario Cart - Double Dash, Mario Football, etc those were my childhood.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • grisugrisu Member
    Books, lots and lots of books.
    Summer was a "bad" time for activities, either you or all your friends were on vacation.

Make believe fighting with sticks and exploring some of our cities wilder parks was probably one of my favourites. Crawling through the underbush, hunting each other, it was wild fun.
    Also loved going exploring into actual woods when we were out in our holiday house. Mushroom hunting in laaaate summer. Oh yeah, good times.
    More regular things could be anything from playing badmington over board and card games to videogames and lots and lots of books.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    grisu wrote: »
    Books, lots and lots of books.
    Summer was a "bad" time for activities, either you or all your friends were on vacation.

So true! I remember the time, when i read a high-fantasy book for the first time.
    I was around 9 and my parents and i stayed in a resort in turkey. No other kids there in my age group and i was bored out of my a** :D
    Thats when my mother took me to their "library" and got me THE book. Tad Williams "The Dragonbone Chair".
    It was the best decision of my life tbh!

If you have not read the series: i can only recommend it to you!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Swimming in the river making rope swings in any likely looking willow tree. Camping hiking trout fishing surfing we were just out in the sun with the mob I grew up with.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • sweetlavendersweetlavender Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited May 2019
    My sister and I would get together with some friends down the street and we'd play video games, ride our bikes. roller blade, play in the pool, run around the neighborhood, etc all day until bedtime haha. Good times! If you're looking for fun stuff to do, the world is your limit :)
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    leonerdo wrote: »
    Video games (obviously)
    Building stuff (literally anything)
    Laser tag
    Water parks
    Getting caught up with movies/shows
    Hiking/Rock climbing

All of them should be done with friends if possible. But hey if you wanna go wreck a bunch of kids in laser tag by yourself, you do you.

No one around here plays video games.... that's just silly.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • ShoklenShoklen Member
    By the age of 8, a friend and I were outside building forts in trees.. Wood, nails, hammers.. The mid 80s was a good time...