Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

BoW Guild name reservations

RockHoundRockHound Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
As a Braver of Worlds, I have a guild name reservation. Can I reserve a guild name, but join another guild instead of starting my own?

Comments

• AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes. You can reserve a name, but I don't know if you have to use it. Good question.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    I would take this with a grain of salt, what I'm about to say, because I have yet to source it, and as far as I can tell has never officially been talked about.

A little bird told me, Guild reservations are not indefinite. You can't just reserve one and sit on the name forever. They will eventually become available to use. So you can technically do what you asking, but you can't expect it to remain reserved if you don't use it.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • karthos wrote: »
    I would take this with a grain of salt, what I'm about to say, because I have yet to source it, and as far as I can tell has never officially been talked about.

A little bird told me, Guild reservations are not indefinite. You can't just reserve one and sit on the name forever. They will eventually become available to use. So you can technically do what you asking, but you can't expect it to remain reserved if you don't use it.

@karthos Hope you're right, would be a waste if a good guild name were to be taken indefinitely without it even being used.
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
    [EU] Hand of Unity | PVX | Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore | Family
    We are still recruiting. Come and have a chat with us at our Discord!
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    To be honest, it would be really unfair of you to reserve a guild name and then not use it. That way you just "rob" the community or certain individuals of the possibility of a cool name.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • JjampongJjampong Member
    edited May 2019
    Bit off-topic... But curiosity has finally gotten the better of me @damokles . Where is that GIF in your signature from? :D
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
    [EU] Hand of Unity | PVX | Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore | Family
    We are still recruiting. Come and have a chat with us at our Discord!
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    muridious wrote: »
    Bit off-topic... But curiosity has finally gotten the better of me @damokles . Where is that GIF in your signature from? :D

Totally honest? No idea xD, i found it on giphy.com and it was too fitting ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif