Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Persistent Server???

Greetings. What is a persistent server? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A persistent server should be a server that is accesible at all times, or a server where the changes on the server are not changeable (like you burn down a node and cant just decide to unburn it)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm not sure on the context but when we are talking about games, it's usually referring to what most people think of as your typical MMO server where it stays up and your progress is kept.
  • Options
    Thank you for the responses. The context I meant is in the MMO. Intrepid says if you are invited to the Alpha then it is on a persistent server. So from what I understood is that the Alpha is persistent but the Beta will be wiped before Day 1? And the Alpha will turn into a regular/test server on Day 1?
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    In this case "persistent" is meaning they are going to try their best to keep it up 24/7 except for maintenance, patches, and upgrades. Alpha 1 will most likely be periods of online play, with periods of downtime due to issues being resolved. The Alpha 2, which has been billed "persistent" is when they will try for this always up mentality in preparation for becoming a real game upon live launch. There are multiple wipes planned during the testing phases. They have made this clear. There will be a final wipe of everything before live launch. The Alpha "persistent" server will then become their test server for the future running alongside live. No one playing during testing will carry progress over to the live servers.
    4911148d7114ff3ea7c4fa003f8a6e8e.png
    45e35824a5c03908343314aef93c303b.png
    aae8cc72ac621ed3f9eb81b6327f9700.png
    1fdb5fc56c853021b839bf103f05f0ef.png

south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you for the information!