Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

dont' redo the ashe of creation,becus even gw2 that qulity of picture,300 in 1 map,must lowest quali

tiantian3000tiantian3000 Member
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
dont' redo the ashe of creation,because even the quality of a picture like Guildwars 2 is a map with 300 people at most and with the lowest effect. General guildwars2 is about 100 people will not encounter a big fight, because 300 people have been stuck, the server can not stand, with the current technology. If a new game comes out two years later, the technology at that time can be played by hundreds of people even though it's the current game design. If it comes out two years later, the fantasy 4 engine will probably be out of date, and no one will play the game.

So the current version is OK. Don't reset it. It's a waste of effort. Even gta5 is a figure 30. Fantasy 4 Engine at the computer level of today's populace, 60 people a map is perfectly OK

And there are only 300 people on weekends, not even 100 people on average, a map, guildwars2
so ,if my sugest is agree,can u give me a alpha test???

if 2years later ,this game open ,vr game will more popular

Comments

• tiantian3000tiantian3000 Member
    edited May 2019
    Generally, guildwars2 is about 100 people and will not encounter big battles, because 300 people are already very stuck, and the server can't stand it, with the current technology. If the new game comes out after 2 years, the technology at that time can be played by hundreds of people even if it is the current game design. After 2 years, the Unreal 4 engine is estimated to be out of date, and the game is no longer played.
    So the current version is OK, don't reset it, in vain, even gta5 is a map of 30 people. The Unreal 4 engine is at the current public computer level, and a map of 60 people is OK.

There is only 300 people on the weekend, usually even 100 people can not get together, a map, guildwars2
    if 2years later ,this game open ,vr game will more popular
  • Agree
  • ningliningli Member
    Agree
  • I agree,it must be coming soon,a lot of chinese players are waiting for it。
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I dont understand what you are trying to tell us....
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • damokles wrote: »

i mean,redo the ashe of creation,wast time,and after 2 years this game will not popular
  • damokles wrote: »

maybe vr game will more popular
  • tiantian3000tiantian3000 Member
    edited May 2019
    aa
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They are not going to back down from their number, because the core of their game that everything is built around conceptwise doesn't work then. The games you quote are dated pieces of crap with individual hosted servers and meant for small scale play. Don't think that just because they say "Ok, we give up on getting our custom backend to the level we want till technology improves and makes it easy on us!" that you are going to get the game any sooner to play.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am not sure what 'coming soon' means, but I would guess a lot of Chinese players will likely be waiting another year or longer, like the rest of us. It also seems like the OP is suggesting they Don't change Ashes because GW2 has issues with the current volume of players. Then maybe people that the OP knows hopped in and agreed to make it look like a popular opinion..? (I don't know).

As for Ashes not being popular after 2 years, I don't know about that either. I will likely be playing after 2 years unless they don't deliver what they say they are going to (and it looks like they will, or at least really want to). So I imagine Ashes will probably be really strong for at least 5 years followed by a trailing off of Subs for a variety of reasons. Also, I don't only play the newest games I have because the graphics are the best. Many of the games I own and still play have been out for a long time.

Best of luck, and a big Welcome to our Chinese Community! :smile:
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    lmFaoooooooooooo those alts XDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Not quite sure you understand the big picture of Ashes of Creation.

If they are going to have 250 vs 250 person fights for the meaningful objective based PvP, you need to be able to see, if not 249 other players on your screen, at least a majority of them.

I've played games where there are 200 people in one place, and the engine restricts the number of people you can see down to 100. This becomes problematic. As you kill one person another literally takes his place since you can render 100 people but there are more than 100 enemies. As you kill one person your ability to see a new enemy occurs and it becomes in a word, a shit show.

Intrepid right now needs to figure out if they can make 250 vs 250 or 500 vs 500 person battles happen. If they back down from 500 vs 500 then I suspect several other components of the game design will have to change, mainly guild size and alliance size.

If you think the technology is here that VR games will be popular in 2 years, well then wait 2 years for VR games.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • servolkservolk Member
    edited May 2019
    vr game will more popular

you know that first VR games were already in 90-s - 2000? And someone, that time, sad it would be popular. And they were gone for almost 20 years.
    Do you know how bad VR for your eyes and brain are? If not, google it.
    VR games will never be popular, at least with the tech from our days (two display system or glasses with colors or "shutters"...) It is only another trend now and it will fall. When more and more people aware health problem from it.

For the first half, it is to early to say, how it would be. But I never see on one location so many players at once.
  • grisugrisu Member
    So this is the 4th repost of the same thread you posted?
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This post is garbage.

To put it bluntly.

You're basically asking for milkshake but telling them to fill it half with water so you can get it quicker.

Aq0KG2f.png
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    See #3

Forum Rules:
    Follow Vanilla (https://vanillaforums.com/en/legal/vanilla-forums-terms-of-service/) and Intrepid Studios (https://ashesofcreation.com/terms) Terms of Service.
    Utilize categories for their purpose. Most forum categories have a pinned post that provides more information.
    Do not spam. Utilize minimal use of all caps, no advertising, “bumping”, or cross-posting.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    karthos wrote: »
    This post is garbage.

To put it bluntly.

You're basically asking for milkshake but telling them to fill it half with water so you can get it quicker.

Not even. More like a scoop of ice cream, some milk, a bit of water and mostly air. The game isn't even made yet.
  • JoselineJoseline Member
    edited May 2019
    Lets be real here, mobile games is the only way2go for about 90% of all companies. The chances that AoC will be forgotten in 2 years is pretty unlikely as there are only 10 more online games that will be released for PC until then and half of them are battle royales, another 4 are sandboxing games and the last one.. maybe Blesss dev team tries a third time. Who knows

Next: Creating a game takes time. No matter how many games there are going to be acnnounced until 2021, they wont be released until mid 2020 at best and most of them will be either BRs or Sandboxing games
  • Going back on what they said the game would have, will kill the game even more. People will lose faith in their ability to deliver on other things. Have some patient, kid