Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

VFX suggestion

zerkerzzerkerz Member
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
With critical hits from, swords, daggers, mage, and archery. It would be cool if there was VFX of a sonic boom with sound when critical hit or max hit was happening. Though you gotta be over certain lvl. So you dont start you character with the neat feature.

For heavy weapons it will just be a higher *clunk* sound, or sound like armor really taking a beating.

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I really like the idea of a special sound for critical hits!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    Hm, might be nice if it strikes a good balance. It s houldn't overwhelm just because you critted, but noticeable. Then again if you have a critheavy build it might get annoying. I am a little torn on this, but in general I think it's an idea to think about.
    Especially since they have different sounds for different armor types. Imagine you figure out through sound what type of armor a monster is categorized as and you switch weapons/skills that have benefitial stats for that armor.

So many Possibilities.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    zerkerzzerkerz Member
    edited June 2019
    grisu wrote: »
    Hm, might be nice if it strikes a good balance. It s houldn't overwhelm just because you critted, but noticeable. Then again if you have a critheavy build it might get annoying. I am a little torn on this, but in general I think it's an idea to think about.
    Especially since they have different sounds for different armor types. Imagine you figure out through sound what type of armor a monster is categorized as and you switch weapons/skills that have benefitial stats for that armor.

So many Possibilities.
    Yeah totally agree on that it should be overwhelming, just visual noticable and a little sonic boom, not the overwhelming sonic boom that jet planes makes.
  • Options
    leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the idea in some way or another :)
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The sound effect should be a deep voice saying, “Ooh baby!”

Hhak63P.png