Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Any interesting build that you are going to try out in AoC?

DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Hello everyone, Damokles back with another thread! :D

Is there an interesting build that you want to try out in AoC or do you want to play a cooky-cutter build?

With interesting i mean something like a melee dps necromancer, a movementspeed based melee mage or my favourite the hybrid rogue/bard. Everything that is not really conventional but could be a ton of fun for the player.

I myself want to play a heavy melee rogue or bard (probably with buff capability or heals).
a6XEiIf.gif

Comments

• AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2019
    Melee cleric sounds like a tonne of fun, but for me it all depends on whether or not certain skills are unuseable due to one not having the right weapon equipped

Edit: Ranged tank could be super fun as well
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Another interesting build could be a caster build Shadow Lord (Rogue/Summoner)
    With a focus on cooldown reduction and crit.

Even though we know nothing about the Shadow Lord, I hope that he can summon shadow daggers and throw them then at his oponents :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My plan is to become a Sniper Rogue which will allow me to solo out in the wilds working towards a master gatherer and also be useful for guild pvp activities with the crossbow. I also like the idea of the potion launcher, so will be testing out the viability of that weapon too as alternative build.

Not sure what build would constitute towards this goal quite yet but it will need to include gtfo & stealth skills with decent critical damage ranged skills. However I did enjoy the potion launcher a lot in Apocalypse, so if i can incorporate this in the build i would be happy, although doubtful all of the above will be feasible in one build. Very much looking forward to testing :smile:
    edited June 2019
    @neomir
    I always imagine under snipe in a game, someone who can turn invisible shortly before engaging his enemies, blast them with his whole arsenal and then run away. ^^
    neomir wrote: »
    Not sure what build would constitute towards this goal quite yet but it will need to include gtfo & stealth skills with decent critical damage ranged skills. Very much looking forward to testing :smile:

Sounds like a R&R class (Predator = Rogue/Ranger, Scout= Ranger/Rogue)
    It would be really cool if the Predator got a ranged backstab, and the Scout got strong movement speed buffs. xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • grisugrisu Member
    branegames wrote: »

Brings back wow memories. Tanking bosses as ranger with a pet or kiting a whole bunch of adds around. Damned fun times.

Speedy concales cleric. Aka Soraka on speed. Just baiting people to try and cach you with your 650 movementspeed. When 450 is considered high already. Was one of the most fun 3patch cycles i played in lol.

I always wanted a dueller with a main focus on block/ parry/ dodge
    into counterattacks. Gw2 came close with rogues there, if they hadnt been absolut garbage. The skills were there but you did literally no damage if you didnt go doubledagger backstab not to mention you had the health and armor of a oneshot and run class. Sadface

I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • I always play as a twin sword warrior.
    In most games this playstyle is all about heavy dmg but I want to see if in AoC I can have a sturdy, slow but strong swordsman.
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tank+Rogue Evasion Tank. Always thought a nimble tank was an interesting idea. One that could evade and CC and distract enemies in order to mitigate damage rather than just blocking and having heavy armor.
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
    I always play as a twin sword warrior.
    In most games this playstyle is all about heavy dmg but I want to see if in AoC I can have a sturdy, slow but strong swordsman.

A dot warrior with bleeds would be really cool. The Fury Warrior in WoW Classic was a bit like that with deep wounds.
    Sometimes it is not about top dps, but rather slow and steady!
    (Thats how I managed to top the damage meter in WoD throughout the expension as a combat rogue ;D my top damage abilities where my mainhand autohit, off hand autohit and multistricke procs :D )
    a6XEiIf.gif
    grisu wrote: »
    branegames wrote: »

Brings back wow memories. Tanking bosses as ranger with a pet or kiting a whole bunch of adds around. Damned fun times.

Speedy concales cleric. Aka Soraka on speed. Just baiting people to try and cach you with your 650 movementspeed. When 450 is considered high already. Was one of the most fun 3patch cycles i played in lol.

into counterattacks. Gw2 came close with rogues there, if they hadnt been absolut garbage. The skills were there but you did literally no damage if you didnt go doubledagger backstab not to mention you had the health and armor of a oneshot and run class. Sadface

Soraka is so much fun to play. Gaining movement speed towards allies who are low on health could be a really interesting mechanic

I think that the current Chronomancer tank is a duelist playstile. A friend of mine play chrono and he plays with double swords and relies on block/parry's
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • grisugrisu Member
    edited June 2019
    @branegames I don't like the current Soraka, speedy concales was made unatainable quite some time ago with item changes and her.
    Her passive in Ashes could be a fun mechanic. I love battlefield mobility, Yuumi brought me back to this shity game. She is all I would ever hope for. bodyblock that one spell jump back, jump to someone else, autoattack, get shield, heal... oh she is sooo much fun. Sucks that the game has the community it has. 90% everyone is muted to preserve my mental health.

Edit: I have dropped GW2 years ago when it was clear they would never get around to making the promises real from before the release.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
    @branegames I don't like the current Soraka, speedy concales was made unatainable quite some time ago with item changes and her.
    Her passive in Ashes could be a fun mechanic. I love battlefield mobility, Yuumi brought me back to this shity game. She is all I would ever hope for. bodyblock that one spell jump back, jump to someone else, autoattack, get shield, heal... oh she is sooo much fun. Sucks that the game has the community it has. 90% everyone is muted to preserve my mental health.

Edit: I have dropped GW2 years ago when it was clear they would never get around to making the promises real from before the release.

Leagues community is THE worst I've ever experienced
  • Rogue, because that is what I play. Love the class more than any other, since EQ1.
  • JoselineJoseline Member
    edited June 2019
    I never really got stuck with a specific kind of class
    I guess Ill start with classes that get punished harshly for mistakes and have a more passive gameplay... but what sort of build and class thats going to be? No idea
  • I'm want to play around with a Tank/Bard for my duo class when my spouse is on. When I'm playing solo Bard, but don't know what I want my second class to be. Want a debuff bard more than a party buff bard though.
    Another cool build could be a "Witcher" build.
    Weaponmaster, Hunter and Spellsword could work here.
    Setup would be medium, light or heavy armour (after prefference), sword(mainhand) and dagger(offhand) or a two-handed sword, with poison coatings.
    Main focus would be physical/hybrid DPS (hybrid here for the Spellsword) and tracking.

The weaponmaster would focus on straight up physical dps, the Hunter would focus on poison application and soft CC, while the Spellsword could in turn focus on hybridized damage and mid-range support.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Spellsword/Bladecaller sounds fun to me :)
  • Past prejudices having me try a Zealot in beta and probably launch. If I can bless my weapon before a backstab or pray to move silently then I've found what I was looking for.

If my ranger/wizard can conjure a magik bow and shoot fireballs from it I might have to make a change.
  • theonegargoyletheonegargoyle Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For me it's hard to know b/c we just don't have enough info on them yet for me to make a really informed decision, but my leanings atm are:

* Necro (Summoner/Cleric) - but good or bad ? The good ones sound SOO good with their healing spirits and stuff, but I traditionally play the "dark & twisted" version ... so I'm really torn !

* Battle Mage (Mage/Fighter) - this one just sounds from the name like it's going to hit every single one of my hot buttons, but HOW are the fighter augments going to work being overlaid onto the mage spells ? Will they make ranged spells into melee versions ? Would that work ?

* Sentinel (Ranger/Tank) - would this end up being a ranged tank ? Cos that would be hella cool if it did, I would love that.

Hanging out to have more info so I can understand the choices in more detail.
  • Orc Bard/Summoner...

Should be interesting.
    @shoklen
    Beat the Drums of War my friend! :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm planning to try a Vek Predator.
    Another cool build-idea!

The Kha'Zix:
    -Class: Assassin (Rogue/Rogue) or Shadowblade (Fighter/Rogue)
    -Weapons: Double Daggers and a Crossbow
    -Armour: Light or medium Armour
    -Playstile: Deletion of single enemy targets with good disengage/engage ability

All augments would be specked to enhance single target damage and damage out of invisibility, with one ranged skill to slow the target.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • vorch21vorch21 Member
    edited July 2019
    DAOC - friar analogue = master of evasion/parry/quarterstaff + blessings(pref. to leather/light armor)
    The Legal Beagle:
    Class: Dreadnaught (Fighter/Tank)
    Race: Dwarf
    Weapon: Two-handed Hammer, One-handed hammer and Shield
    Armour: Heavy Armour
    Playstile: Lay down the Law and count ALL the grudges

Augments should be specked to slow heavy hits and armour debuffs
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will be a super duper Necromancer
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • I am a typical support dude who loves to buffs and heal, so if there is actually a solid debuffer i might hybrid on the 2.. secondary i suppose can also hybrid a tank and healer to literally help my teamates

LOGOwD.png
  • Lots of the classes has names that makes them sound interested.
    But what i currently have in mind, is a Tulnar weapon master or spellsword, using a 2-handed sword. Previousely I had thought of a duelwielding ranger typer, or rogue. I also though about summoner, perhaps necromancer. But currently i feel for the warrior. It is also partly why i bought the legendary path in APoC, so i could get some sword skins :)
  • im going for a cleric/bard, see if i can buff ppl with tougher hides as augment for heal over time skills:D
    or some such things xd
  • Anyone going to try a pure class/class combination? After my main interest I may try a dwarf cleric/cleric with double hammers..