Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The New Necromancer in Elder Scrolls Online, is the necromancer we need in AoC xD

DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Here is a video about the class:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwiBcuPhOXY
a6XEiIf.gif

Comments

• Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    damokles wrote: »

Don't make a mistake, this necromancer class looks amazing but I think that's the ESO Necromancer that fits THAT world fantasy, lore and mechanics, but I expect the necromancer in AOC to be a very specific type of necromancer, after all, didn't we support this project because we have enough of seeing very similar classes with similar game mechanics in most games?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    lumbermark wrote: »
    damokles wrote: »

Don't make a mistake, this necromancer class looks amazing but I think that's the ESO Necromancer that fits THAT world fantasy, lore and mechanics, but I expect the necromancer in AOC to be a very specific type of necromancer, after all, didn't we support this project because we have enough of seeing very similar classes with similar game mechanics in most games?

I agree, but I do like the rpg elements added like the guards putting a bounty on you for using necromancy in cities.
  • Options
    @lumbermark
    I was more interested in the mechanical design of the necromancer to be honest with you :D
    Switching between healing and damaging, reviving teammates and turning enemies into bombs in the same moment.
    Soulmagic for healing while necromancy is the damaging aspect etc.
    That sounds really interesting to me and I hope that IS will do something in that direction with the necromancer^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    theonegargoyletheonegargoyle Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Goddamn !!!

That is literally everything I would like to see in the necromancer in AoC !

Well .... including his point about a permanent pet ....
  • Options
    georgeblackgeorgeblack Member
    edited June 2019
    Eso combat feels empty without impact and the animations are just fluff. The colosus for exame on the video is a target ground AoE that deals X dmg for 3 seconds. The arms of the summon are not real, cannot be blocked or targeted of anything.
    The abilities you see are mostly weak with the exception of 4/30.
    Anything from ESO should be an example to avoid.

A necromancer should be a class of curses and summoning REAL pets. Not this.
    I do play ESO for the past 5 years reason being the good graphics, however the game is:
    Boring ez PvE
    Boring ez single player
    Exclusivelly Instanced PvP with only 5 solid builds out of the 50 or so possible.
  • Options
    @georgeblack
    I didnt mean a one to one translation here.
    What i wanted was the playstile of freely switching between dealing damage and healing/support depending on your chosen augmentation.
    And what do you mean with real pets? Because a consistent horde of adds is pretty busted tbh. GW1 had a necro that could summon nearly consistent adds, leading them to be extremely op in PvE. Even 2-3 consistent pets are pretty much op. The necro would never have to fear being physically attacked by npcs.

I think the best idea would be that Necros are able to summon smaller amounts of weak and non-consistent adds that either autoattack or do one specific task (like exploding and slowing enemies, infecting them with a disease, heal/buff allies etc).

We have a really interesting summoner/necro thread here somewhere and you should really look into it, there are some really cool ideas!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    JoselineJoseline Member
    edited June 2019
    As for summoners in general, I hope we get things like this Necromancer as well as some summoners that go 2v1 with only 1 summon that they keep with them and some that just summon a creature for a single skill that despawn right after the skill finished

By the amount of classes we have there is a lot of potential variety, reaching from classes that summon hordes of weak minions to summoners that build their entire kit around a single summon and perhaps enchant this one fruther with skills as well as some summoners that just "open a gate to hell", let a death-train run through the battle field that vanishes seconds after into another gate that opened simulatneously

The Necromancer in the video looks like your basic conjurer in most TES games. Not exactly the same but nothing too special either.. well expect that he seems to be viable this time
    TES always had this issue of "really cool looking stuff thats actually just traight up boring". You either like TES because of anything but the combat system or you just straight up dont like TES. Elsweyr isnt an exception to this

Taking inspiration from a TES build is fine, taking inspiration from a TES combat mechanic is not
  • Options
    I am so stoked for necromancer I like eso necro but I want something different for aoc I think it should be a lot of debuffs and dot damage as well I think they should be empowered or heavily buffed in war surrounded by death as well I think they should be able to have a few permanent minions that change based off of what the corpse it was i.e. reanimate a orc this minion is gonna have a higher str stat or an elf they will have higher int. People will seek out boss monsters to reanimate in order to have a strong minion as well they will have to protect said minion or it will be a massive loss for them as well instead of skeleton 1 or 2 I think based off of what was raised should dictate the name
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I want nothing from ESO.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I want nothing from ESO.

Why? Just because it's ESO? I'll never understand this kind of attitude, that just because a mechanic was used in a certain game you don't want to use that mechanic.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    I want nothing from ESO.

🤷‍♂️
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2020
    I do like corpse mechanics and the fact you can get in trouble for doing necromancy, but I think the summoning is just too limiting. When I think of necromancers I think of hordes of weak undead that can be buffed or a small group of armoured wraiths. People always seem to forget that necromancers are about raising the dead first and everything else is a second thought.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Where's our friendly neighborhood skeleton when we need him?
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    I do like corpse mechanics and the fact you can get in trouble for doing necromancy, but I think the summoning is just too limiting. When I think of necromancers I think of hordes of weak undead that can be buffed or a small group of armoured wraiths. People always seem to forget that necromancers are about raising the dead first and everything else is a second thought.

Guildwars 1 had this down to a tee. You could literally have a horde of undead following you, it was great.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options

Guildwars 1 had this down to a tee. You could literally have a horde of undead following you, it was great.

I did love guild wars 1 same as diablo 3 and grim dawns necromancers shame MMOs never do summoners justice
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

I did love guild wars 1 same as diablo 3 and grim dawns necromancers shame MMOs never do summoners justice

The thing about Necros in GW1 was that they were pretty much untouchable with the right setup in PvE and PvP. xD (Same could be said about the Ritualist though ;D)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

The thing about Necros in GW1 was that they were pretty much untouchable with the right setup in PvE and PvP. xD (Same could be said about the Ritualist though ;D)

to be fair guild wars never had the best balance
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

*Mesmer PvP flashbacks*
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020

*Mesmer PvP flashbacks*

What do you mean? Mesmers we're totally balanced!! Being able to completely shut down any enemy you like in PvP was totally fair :p
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options

*Mesmer PvP flashbacks*

What do you mean? Mesmers we're totally balanced!! Being able to completely shut down any enemy you like in PvP was totally fair :p

Just like the elementalists, who could one-shot anything with two spells ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

*Mesmer PvP flashbacks*

Ah I remember the good old air spike builds, they were so much fun to use.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options

*Mesmer PvP flashbacks*

Ah I remember the good old air spike builds, they were so much fun to use.

I was a man of culture and played a Dervish/Assassin build with Critical agility, Deaths Charge and Avatar of Grenth. Imagine a big afro american man with a scythe running and teleporting after people spreading disease werever he goes. (Fully anti healer/mage)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

*Mesmer PvP flashbacks*

Wouldn't that be a two-shot?
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options

*Mesmer PvP flashbacks*

Wouldn't that be a two-shot?

One spell was preparation. ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Should necromancers be allowed to summon demons or would that be something a Conjurer or maybe Brood Warden should get?
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Sarevok wrote: »
    Should necromancers be allowed to summon demons or would that be something a Conjurer or maybe Brood Warden should get?

Necromancers deal with dead things - hence the "necro" part of the name (hint; it's Greek).

If the demon is dead, then that is within the class purview.

If it is not, then no.
  • Options
    Sarevok wrote: »

no that would be a warlock
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    TanerlornTanerlorn Member, Pioneer
    True Necromancers should work like Masterminds from CoH. I've been playing that a lot on the Thunderspy server and I love how you can have more than one pet. In fact you can have ten or more in some instances. And it never feels like a clusterfuck because the controls for everything are super tight. Give me my Necromancy powerset!

x8xrumrbc4n41.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=7258142602a15cf0cc7915b37878b9174e29b123
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited March 2020
    Tanerlorn wrote: »
    True Necromancers should work like Masterminds from CoH. I've been playing that a lot on the Thunderspy server and I love how you can have more than one pet. In fact you can have ten or more in some instances. And it never feels like a clusterfuck because the controls for everything are super tight. Give me my Necromancy powerset!

I mean, necromancers in games and fantasy that are about controlling undead (for combat etc) are all modified versions of the original meaning of the word, so it's really which modified version do you like the best.
  • Options
    I like the idea in ESO that Necromancer can use the actual corpses as a resource for your spells. This adds a nice tactical aspect and makes Necromance's power be at least partly dependent of the corpses lying near by.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?