Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Name One Feature you are looking forward to trying ?

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I for one have always thought that player controlled bosses would be so much more dynamic and am so pleased to see such a system implemented for this game!

What is ONE feature you are looking forward to?

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Crafting
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't know if I'd call it a feature per se but I'm very interested to try the entire combat system once they finish making it.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Sieges look pretty good. They said their are going to be airships would love to take a ride on one those plus also said there were goiing to be naval battles and of course monster coins.
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sailing around the cove to see an armada of ships coming at you.

Virtue is the only good.
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tugowar wrote: »
    Sailing around the cove to see an armada of ships coming at you.

I am very much looking forward to see what they do with naval combat, but cant see that happening until sometime after release. Steven played Archeage so he should understand what works.
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm gonna name multiple:

- The node system
    - Sailing
    - Crafting weapons
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Parkour.
    The freeform exploration and flanking that will result from that is tantalizing!
  • ShoklenShoklen Member
    edited June 2019
    Sieges.

Loved fort fights in WAR and DAoC... can't wait to try them in Ashes.

and Crafting... which I hope isn't simple 'click and combine'..
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dynamic quests. I wonder how good they can actually make a branching narrative in every single node.
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    ilisfet wrote: »
    Parkour.
    The freeform exploration and flanking that will result from that is tantalizing!

Is there gonna be a parkour system???
    giphy.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @lumbermark i think that @ilisfet meant the use of abilities like jump or catfall to secure the highground. :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • A new dual sword character on an open world PvP.
    Last time I had fun was Tera Online.
  • georgeblackgeorgeblack Member
    edited June 2019
    On topic: true open world. We have had years of dissapointment
  • I'm excited to hunt down and explore for gatherable resources. I like the idea of not knowing that iron will be in that zone because it's a higher lvl zone than this one which has copper. Discovering what can be collected sounds like a fun scavenger hunt in a mysterious world.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ships and ocean content.

If you know one thing about me, it's that I'm awesome.

But if you know two things, it's that I'm awesome and love ships.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Node Progression for sure. :)
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
    [EU] Hand of Unity | PVX | Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore | Family
    We are still recruiting. Come and have a chat with us at our Discord!
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @leonerdo @lumbermark They showed parkour for the rogue class in pre-alpha footage (https://youtu.be/Ehx6mQ-EiW4?t=55). No word on the system since, so who knows if it's been scrapped. From what I recall, it was exclusive to rogues.
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd like to try out the many life skills and the housing/node system.
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Honestly, the whole concept of the game and all that involves lol. But if it was one thing it would have to be how the world will develop and grow with the node system and just how we as players will evolve and change the world through our actions as a community. The ebb and flow of power and those who would seek to control it.

Crafting comes a close second.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Clicking the "Launch Game" button.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nodes and creating a tulnar.
  • Grapple hooks. I wonder how they will work in Ashes. Steven said we will use them to reach high places. for instance in a siege you grapple through a hole on a wall etc *hype*
    signature.png
  • Gigantic sieges
    "You're seeking for perfection, but your disillusions are leading to destruction.
    You're bleeding for salvation, but you can't see that you are the damnation itself." -Norther
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    kayra wrote: »
    Grapple hooks. I wonder how they will work in Ashes. Steven said we will use them to reach high places. for instance in a siege you grapple through a hole on a wall etc *hype*

Would be nice to see grappling hooks as a feature as was mentioned but would be great if you were able to cut them loose while someone is climbing them whilst in the middle of a siege :D .
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • varkun wrote: »
    kayra wrote: »
    Grapple hooks. I wonder how they will work in Ashes. Steven said we will use them to reach high places. for instance in a siege you grapple through a hole on a wall etc *hype*

Would be nice to see grappling hooks as a feature as was mentioned but would be great if you were able to cut them loose while someone is climbing them whilst in the middle of a siege :D .

Agreed :) I'm looking forward to testing castle sieges. I like how they try to innovate many things instead of copying stuff from other MMORPGs. I hope it will be the same case for most features of the game
    signature.png
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The housing systems and Freeholds.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• I'm new and have been reading here and at the wiki trying to figure out how things work. I still know very little about the features. The freeholds at least sound interesting. I am still uncertain about how flexible they can be. One character I would like to create (baring tree restrictions) would be an apothecary (Potions and herbalism). I don't know if it would be possible to run an apothecary shop on a freehold. Maybe only a Tavern or crafting stations can be placed there. I don't know if those types of shops are restricted to the stalls only. I hope the player housing systems are flexible enough to allow this.
  • Action Combat and freeholds, and the "parkour system"
    giphy.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Open world mmorpg after 10 years of lame theme parks.

Honeatly I just want to explore a CHALLENGING land, interact with players in both friendly (save them from mobs and maybe adventure together) or hostile (attack and kill them if they annoy me or if we belong in rival guilds).

No more instanced content
  • Raising Goats.