Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Razer as official hardware sponser

Well think Razer makes the best gear so would like see Ashes of Creation partner up with this company and make official mouse for this game. Post kind of self explanotory so Have a nice day gents.

Comments

• Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What a random suggestion. Regardless Razer stuff is hugely overpriced and very unreliable, so they are far from the best.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • baseikbaseik Member
    One, there are plenty of options for out in the world for wraps and stickers.
    Two, just ....why?
    Three, the best? Not even close, Razer has been on decline since 2015. They do not make keyboards with macro keys anymore, their "newest innovations" are just ridiculous and have no sensibility to them. They refuse to conform to one software and if you have "outdated" hardware even if it says "Chroma" in it, could end up not being part of Razer Synapse 3.0 (Beta) which has also been in beta and poorly managed for multiple years. Proving points, the Razer Huntsman Elite is a keyboard that has no reason to exist and is absurdly loud for no realistic reason. The Razer Chroma Orbweaver isn't supported in Synapse 3, but in Synapse 2. Yet, the Razer Tartarus V2 is supported in Synapse 3. They completely removed themselves from having actually cool headsets to these outrageous bulky or "slim and take it anywhere and use it on anything" type designs. Remember the Razer Blacksharks or Tiamats? Cool name, cool design, good quality headset for the price tags being 120-160 USD on their website and other offers like Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy, Walmart, etc for equal or lower prices. They care about having glowing products in a literal sense to make sure they're seen in some League of Legends or CS:GO tournament then making a decent product anymore. Final notes, Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Keyboard and Razer Naga 2014 Mouse/Razer Trinity Naga Mouse. Deathstalker Ultimate being a very unique keyboard, the Switchblade UI ran on Internet Explorer and was ungodly slow to respond, and updates were completely dissolved to it. The Naga 2014 Mouse was fantastic if you played any game with a keyboard and mouse because you could bind the keys to whatever you wanted, Melee key ingame to mouse button 5, nades to tilt scroll click left, push to talk to scroll click right, etc. The Trinity Naga however took months before a simple disconnecting bug was fixed. Razer. Is. Not. The. Best.
  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't think it would be a good thing. Mostly because this game has high potential but is high risk perception wise and they would have to take a bad deal.
  • grisugrisu Member
    consultant wrote: »
    Well think Razer makes the best gear (...)

tenor.gif
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • LitenLiten Member
    A wierd and premature idea followed by a wall of text that I can't get through.

I love this community <3
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    You started with the opinion that Razer makes the best gear.

I think the Logitech users would disagree.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • I'm still looking for a 'gaming' trackball... Till then, Logitech Marble Mouse it is...
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    jahlon wrote: »
    You started with the opinion that Razer makes the best gear.

I think the Logitech users would disagree.

Have to agree that Logitech make much better gear for gaming than Razor. Only thing Razor does better than Logitech is making toast.
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm personally quite a fan of Razer products, especially the Razer Naga mouse. That being said, I haven't tried a whole lot of other brands.

Regardless I would prolly want the game to come out before Intrepid tries to make brand collabs, y'know just keeping the marketing aspect to store cosmetics and their own merch
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Razer sucks.

Period.

I will fight anyone who has the WRONG opinion otherwise.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Everyone is going to have an opinion of what they think is best i have used Razer and Logitech products in the past i didnt like either of them. Not sure an official sponsor is really warranted. I guess if Intrepid want to go that route to raise some extra cash that is fine, but people should just make their own opinion on what works for them instead of buying into sponsorship deals.
  • Razer best gear? Not even close.
    My razer mouse button actually weared down after not that much use. I don't trust razer anymore
  • tinukedatinukeda Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Best gear?
    I wouldn't say that, and I've had their keypads since 2013.
    I have a "Tower of Razer Boxes" from all the RMA's I've had to have replaced due to poor engineering (they use some cheapass glue).
    Also not happy about the poor support Synapse 3 has provided. It's been released for like 2 years and they can't support the Orbweaver? GTFOH!

That being said, I won't play an MMO without a keypad device of some sort ever again.
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have Logitech stuff. not the best but I'm happy with them. keyboard at least 10 years on and still rocking.
  • So which gear is best gents looks like I hear logitech but saw a lot of people disagree and did not get any input and which gear is better than razer not neccessarily the best. Would of like to seem posts like I use the logitech12 button mouse (or whatever mouse you use ) and like it more because.......
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2019
  • karthos wrote: »

You know there have been top players with "potatoe mouse". I am talking about players that are arguabley best in their class and use some mouse with two buttons on side and mouse wheel down up down and mouse wheel click.