Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Voice over taunts and Ultimate abilities.

consultantconsultant Member
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Be pretty cool if a tanks had a voice over for taunts. For example if I just happened to be a dwarf and a tank I could only imagine the comical phrases they would say. Maybe if a dragon was target he would call it a big chicken. But think Ashes of Creation team could come up with lot bettter than that.

Elves seemed to be more regal and refined so their taunts if they are tanks would be different.

Now recommended game mechanics are as follows. Just have it happen ounce in a while or it becomes redundant.
Have so other playeres can mute the voice over if they want to. And player should also be given the option to mute it.

Could also be used in Ultimate abilities. Just rembert Ken and Ryu energy balls from Street Fighter. Grunting would also be much apreciated. Think I read somewhere that voice over was to expensive but think some voice over would be ok.

Be pretty cool of you could choose the voice over play list for your toon

Comments

• KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You're a regular Good Idea Fairy today.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Remembering coming into the AH and six twat hunters with their whistle on macro loop just to irritate people I am going to say no.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • If people want to RP outside of the roles/archetypes (like elves being regal) this would make it kinda hard. Also voice acting is pretty expensive.
  • noemadnoemad Member
    I prefer the classics. "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @noemad
    I have another good one (from a german harry potter parody):
    "Your father is not even your father, but your mother. And he impregnated himself, with a... sausage!"

Sounds better in german xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • noemadnoemad Member
    damokles wrote: »
    @noemad
    I have another good one (from a german harry potter parody):
    "Your father is not even your father, but your mother. And he impregnated himself, with a... sausage!"

Sounds better in german xD

:o:s:D
  • zinniezinnie Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2019
    I doubt we'll see much when it comes to Voice Acting in the game. Its one of those insanely expensive ventures that just adds a tiny amount of immersion. For a small studio, its better to go the route of no voice acting and spend those resources in other places to flesh out other systems.
  • Remembering coming into the AH and six twat hunters with their whistle on macro loop just to irritate people I am going to say no.

Well I did include option to mute. I guess I did not mention it but it would be proc bases not done ever time just eluded to it "just make it happen ounce in a while. So there would be no voice over button.

Plus could be make so the player is the only one that hears it not all the people around. Think can already be done by injecting sound files. That is how addons do it.
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would much rather have the team spend their resources on other aspects of the game than voice acting. Voice acting is one of those things that can always be added later on if there's need for additional immersion or if the amount of funding the team has can handle it being used on it.
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    M M M M M M M M MONSTER KILL

Can we have that one please? :grin:

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    consultant wrote: »
    Remembering coming into the AH and six twat hunters with their whistle on macro loop just to irritate people I am going to say no.

Well I did include option to mute. I guess I did not mention it but it would be proc bases not done ever time just eluded to it "just make it happen ounce in a while. So there would be no voice over button.

Plus could be make so the player is the only one that hears it not all the people around. Think can already be done by injecting sound files. That is how addons do it.

The problem with option to mute is people either forget or don't know it is there. One of the things I would always forget to do is turn on auto-decline duel requests on a new character. I had the option, but would forget with everything else I was doing, to run out into whichever main city I was starting from, only to get spammed by some idiot who thought standing outside main gates of Stormwind or Orgrimmar and making windows pop up on people was fun. Sure they could go to the time and effort of making it so only the player hears it, or they could just let people do it themselves. Make your own addon that plays "My epeen is soooooo shiny!" every time you hit your basic attack. It is why they are limiting how voice broadcast in game is going to work. Some of the creepiest stuff was a French guy in one of the games that used to sit in the high traffic areas singing "Ohhh, zank heeven, fur leetle gurls!" over and over everytime a female toon would run by. We know we are getting options to turn in-game voicechat off.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2019
    @unknownsystemerror
    You forgot the most impotant example of forgetting to turn of an ability. The auro cast on the hunter pet taunt skill, that shit fucked up a group so many times xD
    (Or the hunter forgot to dismiss his pet and then jumps down somewhere, pulling the wole instance :D )
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Well UNknownsystemerror I could sit here and make big long posts about game mechanics to solve all the cons but I am not going to.

Just going to say that in WoW everyone (but applies mosly to healer.) had a OOM voice over that healers rarely used and was really cool when they did. There was also a choo train voice that really irritated me. would of been cool if I could of just muted that. There is a right way to implement things do not feel it necessary to post about cause The Devs are smart enough to do it the right way if they want too. Plus anyone ever heard of e-motes some of them ave voice overs.

I used to do that but if since I do have have a clue about the actuallty game mechanics well kind of pointless.. They could easily just use icons and gestures and animations to accomplish the same goal maybe that is what you prefer. My way give toons a choice.