Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Guild finder

In addition to a looking for guild profile for players (really general guild aplication voluntarily by players) and Guild profile(just like a guild application but stating pertainent information about guild.. Think it would be cool to have like a guild finder tool that can be used to filter out guilds you are not right for you.

Things like most people are log in at his time. Raiding, PvP guild size. Requirements. The process is not automated per say. Since we are going with huge servers well most likely have hundreds of guilds so still have to meet people ask questions . Even after the filter is used you might still have like 50 the 100 guilds to choose from so does not detract from meeting people and the discovery.

I guess forums could also be used but jus the sheer number of guilds can be overwhelming.

Traditional way using chat channel to look for guild is good and all and will meet a lot of people but like i said if you narrow it down you might still have 50 to 100 guilds to choose from so still have a ton of people to meet and talk too.

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it would be a good idea to implement this in localized nodes only.
    What i mean with that is that a guild could maybe buy advertisement in nodes, where a guild member is already a citizen.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2019
    Question: What problem is this supposed to solve?

Most of your ideas lately have been just to put things in, for the sake of putting them in. "Oh this game had this feature therefore Ashes should have it too!"
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    damokles wrote: »
    What i mean with that is that a guild could maybe buy advertisement in nodes, where a guild member is already a citizen.

I would rather have it posted on the adventuring board like you can with looking for groups
    branegames wrote: »

I would rather have it posted on the adventuring board like you can with looking for groups

Thats practically what i meant, with the alteration of only being able to post these in nodes, where a guild member is an active citizen of. xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Thats practically what i meant, with the alteration of only being able to post these in nodes, where a guild member is an active citizen of. xD

Makes sense :D

Makes sense :D

Yeah, i mean if that was not a thing, then guild could just go recruit everywhere, but i like the idea of the guild actually having to show presence if they want to recruit someone.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This very subject was discussed around a month ago. The search function is your friend.

But I would like to see such a feature implemented on a server by server basis.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2019

Most of your ideas lately have been just to put things in, for the sake of putting them in. "Oh this game had this feature therefore Ashes should have it too!"

Get out of my head!!

It might be time to take away someone's thread creation privledges.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've never found in game guild finders to be all that effective, unless you're just looking for a casual leveling guild most of the guilds that are worth joining are more likely to expect you to apply through their own website.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    karthos wrote: »

Get out of my head!!

Now now Karthos, be fair. He's allowed to make as many threads as he likes, just as we are allowed to voice our opinions on all his threads.

Honestly though I rather enjoy these threads. Yes most of the ideas are rubbish but they get me to think about WHY they are rubbish and put that into word form, which is something I struggle with at times.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • karthos wrote: »

Get out of my head!!

Now now Karthos, be fair. He's allowed to make as many threads as he likes, just as we are allowed to voice our opinions on all his threads.

Honestly though I rather enjoy these threads. Yes most of the ideas are rubbish but they get me to think about WHY they are rubbish and put that into word form, which is something I struggle with at times.

Well it is a really easy item to implement not like Double Shields which requires additional sound and animations so could be costly.

One good use for it if you are going to do a server transfer (do not know if that option will be available)
    and you wnat to find a pvp guild that does arenas or 40 man raids. You could ask around talk the guild members wait for recruter to come online. Ask questions like raid times,what type of behavior is allowed what type of looting system they use. If they are even recruiting at the time. If they need your class. What type of dps they are looking for. What type of speech is allowed. What type of events do they hold like duels or world pvp or if they have time alloted for achievements and group quests. If they are not doing 40 mans currently do they plan to do them in the future. Times however long it takes you to find one.

I went through a process of finding a guild found out through research that there were only two pvp guilds on my server that took pvp seriously. Plenty of people that pvped just not willing to put in the time to hit the next level or just wanted to play for fun which is great not downing that. Think a guild finder would of been great. The way I found that out is a website called Arena Junkies with the Best player tab so i just filtered my server and rating and saw that all the people that were at or about my rating were all in two guilds. Would I of found that out otherswise probably not. So server transfer was a neccessity in my case. Did not qualify for one
    and did not wnat to be in the other one.

Plus a lot of times guilds are just looking for people and invite players and process kind of happens haphazardly. This way the odds are increased of finding a right guild for you is increased. Cause of a simple system.

Really it is more for new players. Did you know that there are social lone wolf guilds. Guild is just a cool place to hang out and socialize people are really friendly and cool and funny but they do not do anything together. I was in one was really wondering why guild members did not want to group. It was just the type of guild it was.

Are you guys saying finding the right guild is easy and guild finder not neccesary maybe to someone that plays MMOs all the time but not to players that are new to the genre.

Alot of times I do not state all the game mechanics cause I know devs alreeady know most of what I am saying cause it is their job to find ways to bring people together. All a Dev has to do is Read guild finder and all the game mechanics will be wizzing through their head and in less than a minute decide weather it is good for this game or not.

consultant wrote: »
    karthos wrote: »

Get out of my head!!

Well it is a really easy item to implement not like Double Shields which requires additional sound and animations so could be costly.

One good use for it if you are going to do a server transfer (do not know if that option will be available)
    and you wnat to find a pvp guild that does arenas or 40 man raids. You could ask around talk the guild members wait for recruter to come online. Ask questions like raid times,what type of behavior is allowed what type of looting system they use. If they are even recruiting at the time. If they need your class. What type of dps they are looking for. What type of speech is allowed. What type of events do they hold like duels or world pvp or if they have time alloted for achievements and group quests. If they are not doing 40 mans currently do they plan to do them in the future. Times however long it takes you to find one.

I went through a process of finding a guild found out through research that there were only two pvp guilds on my server that took pvp seriously. Plenty of people that pvped just not willing to put in the time to hit the next level or just wanted to play for fun which is great not downing that. Think a guild finder would of been great. The way I found that out is a website called Arena Junkies with the Best player tab so i just filtered my server and rating and saw that all the people that were at or about my rating were all in two guilds. Would I of found that out otherswise probably not. So server transfer was a neccessity in my case. Did not qualify for one
    and did not wnat to be in the other one.

Plus a lot of times guilds are just looking for people and invite players and process kind of happens haphazardly. This way the odds are increased of finding a right guild for you is increased. Cause of a simple system.

Really it is more for new players. Did you know that there are social lone wolf guilds. Guild is just a cool place to hang out and socialize people are really friendly and cool and funny but they do not do anything together. I was in one was really wondering why guild members did not want to group. It was just the type of guild it was.

Are you guys saying finding the right guild is easy and guild finder not neccesary maybe to someone that plays MMOs all the time but not to players that are new to the genre.

Alot of times I do not state all the game mechanics cause I know devs alreeady know most of what I am saying cause it is their job to find ways to bring people together. All a Dev has to do is Read guild finder and all the game mechanics will be wizzing through their head and in less than a minute decide weather it is good for this game or not.

I'm not saying this is the case here but it feels like when pitching your ideas all you think about is whether something is possible, without considering what effect it has on the rest of the game. Just because something can be implemented doesn't mean it should be implemented. Your dual shield idea is a classic example of this. Yes the developers could very easily let players dual wield shields, but will that benefit the game or cause problems? I explained in my replies to that idea how it can cause problems, but you don't seem to be interested in thinking past the initial concept.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • consultantconsultant Member
    edited June 2019

I'm not saying this is the case here but it feels like when pitching your ideas all you think about is whether something is possible, without considering what effect it has on the rest of the game. Just because something can be implemented doesn't mean it should be implemented. Your dual shield idea is a classic example of this. Yes the developers could very easily let players dual wield shields, but will that benefit the game or cause problems? I explained in my replies to that idea how it can cause problems, but you don't seem to be interested in thinking past the initial concept.

Well this is kind of a catch all almost every idea impacts the game in some way. Like tougher mobs well then every one will just avoid them. There are pros and cons to almost every idea. The Devs have to decide if it is worth it to be put in the game.
    I am not there at Ashes of Creation so really pointless to post about all the specific game mechanics to solve issues that they are pros at solving. I could easily find 5 reasons not to implement just about any idea.

As far as A guild finder is concerned their maybe be a system in place that is better or a system that makes a guild finder slightly redundant. I do not know cause I am not there. Therefore all I can do is present Ideas.