Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Beta access

Hello, I subscribed to the ashes of creation newsfeed in December but forgot all about this game.
How do you get the beta credentials so that you can play?

Comments

• Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is something Intrepid really need to do on their website better, because it is very unclear what is happening. There are effectively 2 games right now: Ashes of Creation (mmorpg), and Apocalypse (APOC). The mmorpg is currently in pre-alpha and won't be available for quite some time. APOC is a battle-royal that the devs are using to test the server infrastructure and basic combat systems. APOC is currently offline and we don't know when the next batch of testing will be available for it.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • alfialfi Member
    Thank you for this!!
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Access to APOC is currently down as Wanderingmist stated. There are currently no ETAs on anything regarding the roadmap. Once Intrepid can deliver on time, they will reveal dates.

If by Beta access, you mean the MMO Beta, that is offline as well. It will probably be only a few weeks at the end of development. I do not recommend to buy this at the moment, at least not until they reveal some key dates. You can see for yourself if you want to spend the money. Just remember that APOC Betas are Open-Betas.

If you do however want to buy the pack which contains MMO Beta access, follow the following steps:

Click on the Ashes of Creation logo at the top of the page.
    unknown.png
    Click on the shop tab.
    unknown.png
    Log in to your Intrepid account. I highly recommend enabling 2FA to your account.
    unknown.png
    You should then see 4 packs available for you to buy. You can click on 'View more info' to see what each pack contains.
    unknown.png

forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is something Intrepid really need to do on their website better, because it is very unclear what is happening. There are effectively 2 games right now: Ashes of Creation (mmorpg), and Apocalypse (APOC). The mmorpg is currently in pre-alpha and won't be available for quite some time. APOC is a battle-royal that the devs are using to test the server infrastructure and basic combat systems. APOC is currently offline and we don't know when the next batch of testing will be available for it.

@MargaretKrohn and @LieutenantToast
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    yeah its insane ^^ a new visitor to the website gets the impression that this is a game they can play right away. only after registering, downloading, searching trough social media, and in some cases even buying a pack they find out that they cant even play right now. and as result these ppl will just forget about the game xd
    Intrepid could legit copy pasta this :
    There are effectively 2 games right now: Ashes of Creation (mmorpg), and Apocalypse (APOC). The mmorpg is currently in pre-alpha and won't be available for quite some time. APOC is a battle-royal that the devs are using to test the server infrastructure and basic combat systems. APOC is currently offline and we don't know when the next batch of testing will be available for it.
    on the website instead of that (!) where you can hover the mouse over which is clearly not working and just send people in circles between beta mmo pack from store and beta apoc
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • The fact that this has been mentioned to them by content creators, plus i also made a comment on their fb page, where they just made a partial comment. When i replied to that, they completely ignored my second comment. I'm starting to feel as if they are just as shady as most other developers out there. This should have been fixed a while back
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    I agree that the user flow on our website needs to be adjusted. It's something we are working on, and plan to resolve.

We appreciate the patience in the meantime.
    marketing.gif
  • CombatThongCombatThong Member
    edited July 2022
    I would appreciate clarity on how to
    1) validate what I have access to (Voyager, for example, means what?)
    2) associate member/kickstarter/founder/account info to your nametag which provides some security that our accounts are tracking our purchases and that we did not miss a step. ***EDIT: i clicked on a couple people's tags and the term I'm referring to is 'Roles'***

This thread should point you in the right direction to find your pre-order packs' appropriate content and accesses.
    I found a link after googling my receipt info. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Voyager_plus_pre-order_pack:_Jan_2022_-_Feb_2022