Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A Fell Venture

Lore_of_the_Fellbeak_Macaw_-_Social_Media_Post_Asset.jpg?h=1920

"We Kaelar have always been an inquisitive folk, even more so since we had begun to document our findings of this new, yet strange land."

Read on to learn about A Fell Venture: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/a-fell-venture
marketing.gif

Comments

• GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    edited June 2019
    2 months since the forum opened and the display name change issue is still not fixed.
    All what we get is a lore about a chicken...
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Looks awesome ^^
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    lowe1608 wrote: »
    2 months since the forum opened and the display name change issue is still not fixed.
    All what we get is a lore about a chicken...

That issue will take a bit more time to work on. We'll let everyone know when you can change your display names again.
    marketing.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nice one !
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • Kiryu_riyKiryu_riy Member, Leader of Men
    edited June 2019
    lowe1608 wrote: »

Very interesting, so this kaelar is firs scout before player arrives?
  • DerToastinatorDerToastinator Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi,

I just want to give some constructive criticism.
    The new bird model, featured in “A fell venture”, is gorgeous. Although it felt kind of odd. I had to wrap my head around it but, in the end, I figured it out.
    The bird in the story behaved like a Terror Bird or a raptor, but its physique did not show this at all. I know your world is a magical place and I respect that. If you want to keep that tiny bit of realism, of which you spoke in one of your recent videos, I suggest the following:

Based of the skeleton of a Terror Bird

https://www.google.com/search?q=terror+bird+skeleton&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt2cb_zILjAhUCaFAKHUVyDEsQ_AUIECgB&biw=1440&bih=825#imgrc=npMsMn46rGlh8M:

and keeping your previous design (and its intentions) in mind, I would stretch the legs a tiny bit to make it convincing enough that it hunts, but keeps it low enough to live in the jungle. Also pay attention to its posture, the skeleton of such a bird has its neck far more to the back of its skull, resulting in a slightly different neck-shape.
    I think the concept art is far more believable as a predator, even though it has no teeth.
    These are just suggestions and I in no way wana dismiss the artists effort and capability.

As a closing thought: I like this model, but I lived the concept art and bought it… I´d love to see the Otter mount soon :grin:
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I would like to see this bird tempt people with shiny trinkets to make them follow it, like a crow trades trinkets for food. Except in this case the trinket would be bait. Muhaha! Maybe it could leave a trail of rubies and glittery things to lure you in. It would fit right in with known bird intelligence.
    fNX2ISa.png