Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Housing decorations

sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Good day! I was thinking about the many possibilities regarding the housing options and the ability to pack your room with many pieces of furniture. I myself will probably like the have traditional old woody furniture and I would love it if we were able to place down little props like plates, flowers and cups to fluff up the room (possibly even make those yourself).

I am curious as to how you are going to 'style' your building(s). Are you going to keep with a certain style, will you mash up certain styles? I'd love to hear it!
forum_sig2.png
Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want the heads of my enemies on my walls.

No, seriously it would be really epic if you could turn materials of slain adds and bosses into memorabilia. XD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Like fishing trophies if you've slain a meglodon and make a head trophy or a couch out of its head. I like it.
    hqdefault.jpg
    forum_sig2.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    syl wrote: »
    Like fishing trophies if you've slain a meglodon and make a head trophy or a couch out of its head. I like it.
    hqdefault.jpg

The megalodon throphy could be your god damn doorway xD

pbOtgjI.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will also go with most traditional looking furniture. Comfertable and mostly wood. That idea of having a throphy on the wall of a enemy sounds kewl! I can imagine a tiger pelt on the floor in frond of the fire, with its head hanging on the wall just looking down lol :D
    Also from summer crowdfunding the exclusive freehold furnite set should be unlocked, even tho it doesnt show on the wiki. I am intrested in seeing the difference in style they will have and how far they will take realism with furniture design. Because especially at home decor items looking at details you determine the historic year and region of style in the world. That would fit nicely with some races and character creation options.
    My ultimate dream would be having a fish tank but i dont know if that is asked to much :# or if they even had fish tanks back in the days of fighting with sword and bow ? ><>
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have no clue. All depends on what furniture is available - especially as I explore.
    Also, depends on how items fit with the overall theme of my home(s).

I'm planning to be a Vek in a Scientific Node. Though, now that I think of it... should be fascinating to see how a Vek Scientific Node differs from a Nikua Scientific Node.
    Should also be interesting to see what decor becomes available from religions and social organizations.
    I will mostly pack my house with theme-specific furniture, dependent on in what biome the node will be in. Things like the PAX trophy will have a prominent place in my home, but not too flashy.
    I will probably not have any Pepe-the-Frog-random furniture from the year 2077 sitting next to an ancient magical tablet from 800BC.
    forum_sig2.png
    edited June 2019
    damokles wrote: »
    (...)

Fair enough, it would be cool nonetheless. :smiley:
    shkevi wrote: »
    (...)

The massive amounts of immersion...

I guess a fishtank would not be impossible, granted that the people of Verra would probably know how to make windows and impregnated wood. I don't see how it wouldn't be possible. Although that would fall mostly on Intrepid, whether or not it will be lore-friendly. I'd certainly try it if it were possible.
    dygz wrote: »
    (...)

Nice

forum_sig2.png
  • Samiel AurousSamiel Aurous Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am curious on what decor will be available for both personal housing and Guild Housing. I wonder if their will be themes we can design buildings after or will guild halls be instanced kind of like the ones in Log Horizon. "Basically a doorway that leads to the guild hall"
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like Lore & Legend trophies like in EQ2; mementos
    I like holiday themed items
    Most likely it depends on what is being offered as far as quest loot and crafting
    I like art like paintings and sculpture
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

elf wrote: »
    I would like Lore & Legend trophies like in EQ2; mementos
    I like holiday themed items
    Most likely it depends on what is being offered as far as quest loot and crafting
    I like art like paintings and sculpture

As long as it isn't something like fireworks in a bo-.... Wait, fireworks in a bottle actually sounds cool. What I meant to say: as long as holiday items won't turn your house into a Spongebob jellyfish dance party, I'm cool with it (unless there's a toggle, then effects galore if you will).

Mementos in itself would be awesome. They'd have to have some special feel to them, for completing an awesome quest line or defeating a very hard boss monster.
    forum_sig2.png
  • Well Instead of Decorations would like to see things like. Heads mounted on a pole showing some of the most prominent bosses and beasts you killed.

Maybe an area designated to show of the armour sets and weapons that you have been lucky enought to get maybe even showing of some rare drop but will probably be wearing that one.

Would also like to see a mount stall showing off the top 5-10 mounts that you like. Depending on how much space you are willing to allot to that function.

How about a treasure room were you have treasure chest with valuable chests and pile of gold. Bigger the pile the more gold it represents. Kind of like a dragons liar.

Plus the option to just have a huge statue of yourself with plaque showing your favorite titles like Bane of the Winter Dragons

Would like to have the ability to post MOSTED WANTED posters near the border of your Freehold. Like for example. 5000 gp reward for imformation leading to the location of some toon.

A war dressing room were you change gear in game with animations. This Idea came from Swifty videos
    were he walks into his armoury and the banana armour set just fly on and equips itself. Also a lot like Iron Man but got idea from Swifty maybe he got it from the Iron Man movies.
    edited June 2019
    consultant wrote: »
    (...)
    I like your ideas, you'd need a mansion for those grandiose additions!
    forum_sig2.png