Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, June 28, 2019 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Here i go again! :D

*cough* *cough* BARDS? *cough* *cough*

Now lets be serious:
    Can they tell us a bit more about trophies? Will we be able to turn looted parts of bosses into trophies or furniture? It would be really cool to show guests the ginourmous tooth of a megalodon shark ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • The AoC wiki says "Banking between characters is being discussed." Is there any new information on this topic?

I fear without such a feature, crafting will be limited to the highly specialized, super rich, and hard core players. Casuals will not be able to acquire the necessary resources, skills, or currency to have access to upper tier gear and items thus creating a power gap. I guess a follow up question is, will casual players (5- hours per week) ever be able to compete with those that can play a lot (20+ hours per week)? With enough alts and banking space, even casual players will eventually be able to catch up to the super active players, regardless of the "meta".
  • YeOldeSmithYeOldeSmith Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited June 2019
    Hello, is there any way Steven can update us on funding totals, goals, and any milestones we may have hit financially? Also any updates on finances in general would be nice, and would go a long way to clear a bit of the opaque-ness that has built up of late regarding this topic. Thanks and best regards.
    Something need doing?
    vBOHmDw.png

• Hello, can you tell us more about the PvE raids? Things like: Will they be a big focus in endgame? Will they be instanced or open world? Will the main focus of the game be PvE or PP? Thank you!
  • ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Any hints of Bear McCreary music as of yet???
  • crazyfish1crazyfish1 Member
    edited June 2019
    The team talked awhile back about a dynamic weather system and how it will affect the area and beasts around it. I believe the example was a frozen lake leading to a hidden area or heavy rain drawing out creatures from a cave. Does the team still plan on doing this?

Also please send me an invite I will dedicate multiple hours a day to playing this wonderful game :smiley: I love you all at intrepid
    -Crazyfish aka Daniel
  • How similar the 75% action hybrid combat will be compared to APOC? - Is APOC representative of combat system for the MMORPG; how much of it will require manual aiming? @MargaretKrohn @LieutenantToast

Thanks in advance :)
    signature.png
  • Whats the overenchanting system going to be like? Or is it still planned? I worry that many people will be turned off by it given the prevalence of rng in many mordern mmos, and the hate for it by many of those who are in discontent with the genre. Feeling that rng chases excitment of winning something rather then the satifaction of earning something.
  • The world will be affected by what we do in it, not only the nodes. Will there also be special dungeons that come to light as we do certain things through out the world? And will all quests be standard rpg, or will we get puzzles, park hour, carry heavy things like barrels, catching animals and more variety of quests?

Thanks for taking my question into consideration. Amazing MMORPG, can't wait to the alpha 1-2!
    HiddenPanda.png
  • VirhVirh Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will crafting materials have their own separate bag similar to Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online? And will it be a shared inventory?
  • BlackRuinsBlackRuins Member
    edited June 2019
    For large scale PvP and possibly APOC castle siege will there be a set tools the shot callers and other command leaders can use to spit up groups into named parties, then direct certain parties to a certain area through a certain way and do something at that area? For example splitting up the guild members into flank party, main attack party 1, main attack party 2, defend party 1, etc. Then pinging certain parties to attack a specific area and pinging other parties to defend/support another area. With the pinging system having different symbols and colour (e.g. Red sword = attack) to distinguish between them. Also being able to draw arrows on the map for other players to see so they know what to avoid.

Could this possibly be something guilds have to unlock through points, instead of spending on guild size resulting in smaller more organised guild?
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How many specializations will there be under each profession gatherer/processor/crafter and what are they?
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • soul123 wrote: »
    Are we able to learn Multiple professions? Or are we limit to a certain amount?

This link should help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Artisan_classes
    Forgive and you will free yourself. Peace be with you all.
  • Sorry for my english (i'm from Russia and i use translator)
    I would like more CONCRETE information about the gameplay.
    How many hours does the cap take, how many skills will the characters have, will skills just learn, or will books be needed? Do skills improve?
    More about craft, where to get resources/recipes, how long to collect it, how to swing craft, is it possible to assemble top gear in solo? Will the "special" things drop from the bosses (such as the "ring of a baium" in lineage2)? Can a solo player compete with players from the big guilds?
    And the main question is when will alpha test? At least what quarter of what year.
  • princeofwalesprinceofwales Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Gamescom 2019
    I had the pleasure to meet Steven and Jeff at last years Gamescom. Any ideas if you all are coming to Germany this year and if there is going to be a community event again in cologne?

Looking forward,
    PrinceofWales (Alex)
  • DaedelusDaedelus Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    Speaking of conventions - what are the plans for PAX West this year? ;)
    69AF71A1-CB92-4C83-96A1-5036AD0A94D0.png?width=1338&height=897
    Daedelus, The Ashen Herald YouTube | Twitter
  • Can we get an update on the classes and how the different combinations are gonna work or if you guys are still going to go through with that idea. Also would like to know more about the underrealms and how they will differentiate from the above in terms of nodes, monsters, quests etc...
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you elaborate on how combat pets will work? You mention they will be a horizontal choice but never say how. Do you equip them like a weapon/piece of gear or do they limit your abilities in some way?
  • DecateDecate Member
    edited June 2019
    I report here a question that I have seen on discord: "How will be the combat system? We can use skills with a mix of buttons to press like a Black Desert/KurtzPel?"
    Thanks for good work!
    6MlB4BS.png
  • I have a question about corruption.

You said that if a player attacks a corrupted player than he is not flagged as a combatant but non-combatants lose more xp and such when they die. So my question is if you plan to have people who are flagged as non-combatants but are actually fighting red players lose as much xp as regular non-combatants when they die.
  • Question about guild size

You said that a guild that totally chooses size over skill augments will likely have a max size of about 300 members. What will be the max number of members for a guild that chooses to totally go after the skill augments?
  • With the "Mayor System" that you all have in place, will there be a app or something that acts almost like a social media environment to be able to keep up with the community on the go? Is this something you all would be in open to?
  • FlareFlare Member, Founder
    About creature lore articles.
    As the only article so far this month was about a cosmetic creature from the shop i was wondering if we'll be able to encounter those creatures somewhere in the wilds ingame or if the article was just a goodie for ppl who purchased the cosmetic?
    Are we going to see more articles about non-cashshop creatures in the future?
  • theonegargoyletheonegargoyle Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    kalez wrote: »
    Do you not think having only the tank archetype able to main tank it will lower the % of possible tanks for group/raid content?

most games have multiple classes able to tank while we will only 1 of 8 archetype able to tank? Since we have been told before only tank archetype can tank.

^^ This. Plus same question for clerics with healing.

If you are truly wanting to make the ultimate MMORPG, you must realise that people need the flexibility to make groups work with different numbers & classes.

Having a Holy Trinity class system where only 1 out of 8 classes that can tank and only 1 out of 8 classes can heal is going to seriously hamper that.

PLEASE can you talk a bit about your intentions for the tanking & healing ability of having tank or cleric as a secondary rather than a primary class ?
  • ozmosisozmosis Member, Alpha One
    Are you planning to implement login rewards and if so what can we expect to see for rewards?
  • Idhalar AlBaieshIdhalar AlBaiesh Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    -We know about utility skills for the different classes. Will we also see other out of combat uses for our classes? mmos usually focus too much on combat abilities and it's a shame. There is a lot of potential with all the systems you have in place.

-A summoners or a circle of them might be able to call all kind of useful creatures, some ideas would be guardians that defend a place and let you know if an enemy appears, scouts able let you see trough their eyes or even track creatures/plants, land and sea mounts able to carry the summoner or even a group of players, maybe even workers or creatures able to help you with crafting/gathering tasks.
    - Wizards alone or in groups might, for example, be able to manipulate weather, Send a magical winter over an enemy node to destroy their crops or do a lot of crazy things in naval content.
    - Clerics could bless/curse zones depending on their god. Plague of undead upon your lands! May thy fields yield only stones and thy rivers only sandals!
    Only in silence the word, Only in dark the light, Only in dying life.
  • BerrosBerros Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    You mentioned before, that Mayors are elected for a short period, I believe 1 month. But you also mentioned that if the population of the City is not happy with the choices the Mayor is making that their maybe a way to remove them early. Can you please elaborate and explain with each different Node Type.

Cheers,

Berros
  • BerrosBerros Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    kalez wrote: »
    Do you not think having only the tank archetype able to main tank it will lower the % of possible tanks for group/raid content?

most games have multiple classes able to tank while we will only 1 of 8 archetype able to tank? Since we have been told before only tank archetype can tank.

^^ This. Plus same question for clerics with healing.

If you are truly wanting to make the ultimate MMORPG, you must realise that people need the flexibility to make groups work with different numbers & classes.

Having a Holy Trinity class system where only 1 out of 8 classes that can tank and only 1 out of 8 classes can heal is going to seriously hamper that.

PLEASE can you talk a bit about your intentions for the tanking & healing ability of having tank or cleric as a secondary rather than a primary class ?

Technically there are 16 Archetype Variations on Tank, and Healing.
    Tank (main) /Rogue (secondary) will play much different then Tank (main) /Mage (secondary)
    Likewise, Cleric (main) / Bard (Secondary) will be different than Cleric (main) / Warrior (secondary)

Also, Rogue (main) / Tank (secondary) will feel be strong Defensively but feel totally different the a Summoner (main) / Tank (secondary) Archetype.
  • HapiibeeHapiibee Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My question is about crafting, you say there will be an enhancer branch, will that be a crafting tree on its own or each crafting job will have their own enhancer branch?
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Any update on being able to change forum names?
    k2U15J3.png