Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How will nodes alter lore? Location, Specialization, etc.

For example, if one server has a crafting focused metropolis on a mountain node, vs a finance focused metropolis in the desert, how will things differ!

I find it super interesting on how so much landscape of the game can change, and we're the people who can do it! Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

• Options
    [quote quote=20048]For example, if one server has a crafting focused metropolis on a mountain node, vs a finance focused metropolis in the desert, how will things differ!

I find it super interesting on how so much landscape of the game can change, and we’re the people who can do it! Let me know your thoughts!

[/quote]
    The Nodes will give a dynamic I have not seen in a game before. Some have tried this, but the coding and hardware was a major problem. The game world will be a diverse environment. I am also wondering how the lore will be impacted by it. The scope and scale will be enormous and the outcomes are all up in the air.
    The different nodes may have different gods and philosophies. I am curious as to how all that will play out.

Don’t forget the technological aspect of the nodes. Does that mean better soldiers or better tradesmen? Can some of these hurt your node if next to a different one? Another question is mobs. What will happen to them and are they going to stay get nasty or move?

Good post!

Ox
  • Options
    [quote quote=20094]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/how-will-nodes-alter-lore-location-specialization-etc/#post-20048" rel="nofollow">dreamskape wrote:</a></div>
    For example, if one server has a crafting focused metropolis on a mountain node, vs a finance focused metropolis in the desert, how will things differ!

I find it super interesting on how so much landscape of the game can change, and we’re the people who can do it! Let me know your thoughts!

</blockquote>
    The Nodes will give a dynamic I have not seen in a game before. Some have tried this, but the coding and hardware was a major problem. The game world will be a diverse environment. I am also wondering how the lore will be impacted by it. The scope and scale will be enormous and the outcomes are all up in the air.
    The different nodes may have different gods and philosophies. I am curious as to how all that will play out.

Don’t forget the technological aspect of the nodes. Does that mean better soldiers or better tradesmen? Can some of these hurt your node if next to a different one? Another question is mobs. What will happen to them and are they going to stay get nasty or move?

Good post!

Ox

[/quote]

Thanks Ox!!
    I'm super excited to carve the world into something awesome!
  • Options
    Weapons/Armour could be biome/race/combat-class dependant
    Tools/Clothing could be biome/race/artesan-class dependant
    Food/drink could be biome/race dependant.

Whose side of the gods, guilds, allainces or any war-party you are with ..is dynamic and not necessarily biome dependant.

So I think the term lore needs to be far more specific..aspect wise.