Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Thoughts on the directors letter?

Rem_Rem_ Member
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
In my opinion I thought it was pretty good, we got the promised dates as well as showings of caravans and MMORPG systems like the mayoral system. I think the letter was a far step up from before, I'm glad to see systems in game even though they clearly aren't finished. Thanks again for the wonderful work from everybody at intrepid, the community believes in you and we'll be here august 20th for suree!!! <3
Poko.png

Comments

• AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The caravans info was interesting. The APOC dates were expected when they promised us dates during the livestream, but until we get info on Castle Sieges I'm not going to bother downloading the launcher.
    k2U15J3.png
  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I mostly care about dates, I'm glad we got one for testing.

The progress and seeing the sausage being made was neat, but mostly I just want to see what the timeline looks like.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Sandal Seal.

My sides. They are no more.

Aq0KG2f.png
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    I'm happy with it, probably one of the best updates yet. It was nice to get a date and the caravan video showed a lot of in-game stuff which I've heard a lot of people asking for. It also had some new armors modeled out.
  • SoulsOnFireSoulsOnFire Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    edited July 2019
    I was hyped to vote for the Savannah kitten but it doesn't work for me.
    I also enjoy watching the caravan system. It reminds me of Silkroad Online and especially the risk-reward. It's amazing when you move a lot of goods and actually make it to town, barely alive.

EDIT:
    Glad to see more updates regarding APOC. Wish we had castle sieges up though.
    Tq3LCNj.png
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was hyped to vote for the Savannah kitten but it doesn't work for me.
    I also enjoy watching the caravan system. It reminds me of Silkroad Online and especially the risk-reward. It's amazing when you move a lot of goods and actually make it to town, barely alive.

EDIT:
    Glad to see more updates regarding APOC. Wish we had castle sieges up though.

I'll vote Savannah kitten for you, because I too remember Silk Road fondly.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • SoulsOnFireSoulsOnFire Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    karthos wrote: »

Awesome, thank you!

Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong though.
    Tq3LCNj.png
  • oddodd Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    karthos wrote: »

Awesome, thank you!

Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong though.

If it helps you feel better, it's not just you having issues voting. :(
  • @soulsonfire - looks like your Kickstarter status isn't even showing up on your forum profile, if you were an original backer! Please go ahead and open a support ticket here so our team can help fix this for ya: https://ashesofcreation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@odd - if your Explorer status is from the original Kickstarter campaign, it may just take a quick relog or cache clear to see the poll!
    community_management.gif
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was honestly very happy with it, especially the caravan video. I'm glad they are trying to put more risk-reward into the game, something that a lot of games miss out on.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Hey guys
    What letter? Nothing in my emails
    edited July 2019
    @georgeblack Check news
    k2U15J3.png
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Enjoyed the whole thing. Loved the video, and getting to see a picture of the staff who are working so hard for us. APOC on Aug. 20th !!!! <3 Maybe this time I will make it to 50. <cross fingers>
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

edited July 2019
    Hey guys
    What letter? Nothing in my emails

Check #NEWS on Discord or the Post Margaret made here in the Forums. https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/42719/creative-director-s-letter#latest
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• It was cool. Short but good. The video was kinda worth the hype. If they showed some sort of hybrid combat instead of the traditional tab, it would've made my day :)
    signature.png
  • Thnx guys. Now I need to find a
    quiet corner to
    watch the vid without coworkers noticing
    : D

They dont know how much I love gaming
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ LOL Button!
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

Thnx guys. Now I need to find a
    quiet corner to
    watch the vid without coworkers noticing
    : D

They dont know how much I love gaming

That's what headphones are for.
    k2U15J3.png
  • aussieladjaredaussieladjared Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    If I'm honest, I was a little underwhelmed and disappointed. It's great that there's a new APOC window - I'll hopefully get a chance to play it this time. But it didn't really feel like a substantial update overall. These letters have been much ado about nothing, although this one was better than the last. It's been so long since the Kickstarter and the occasional breadcrumb isn't really doing it for me. I don't know... I'm not demanding a release date - it'll get released when it's ready. But, show us where you're at, warts and all. One of the things we were promised is full transparency and openness about the development process. I don't feel we're getting that; and I'd love to see how Verra is taking shape.
  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The video didn't show anything that couldn't be faked. So I dunno. Its a nice demonstration for the concept at least.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They hired the same people who did the Apollo landings. Tinfoil aside it did look like they recycled the A0 map. Hopefully they have gotten past the 3 node map that we had then and the full map is closer to completion and they just didn't want to show more. They were real careful not to show any combat UI or damage numbers, but stuff going off around the mayor was obvious tab, so no hybrid hints there. The horses and movement looked miles better, at least we didn't have any Benny Hill caravan hijinks (prolly ended on cutting room floor.)
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • BerinimaBerinima Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    To be honest, I am not seeing any systems here. I am seeing a slapped together interface with a multiple choice dialogue that spawns a caravan asset which then moves along the road to its destination. In the off our beloved Jeffrey Bard tells us what an amazing impact this system has on the world and how it is a milestone to the all powering node system.

While this is nice and all, it's still just smoke and mirrors. Don't get me wrong, I love the game concepts Intrepid has on their white boards. So far it's still just concepts on white boards though and we are a couple of years away from a playable game in my opinion.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    you want my honest opinion.

It was a waste of time and hype as always.

we have no new date for any of the other testing modes. we have nothing about the MMO and to top it off the are re-releasing the BR.

all I can say is **** you Intrepid
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nagash wrote: »

we have no new date for any of the other testing modes. we have nothing about the MMO and to top it off the are re-releasing the BR.

What do you mean "they are re-releasing the BR"? APOC isn't a finished product that they are re-releasing. It is a testing platform, nothing more, nothing less. Its sole purpose is to test the netcode, servers and basic combat mechanics in a controlled environment. The key word in there is "TEST". At this point in the development process we aren't really playing the game, we are helping the developers test it. Those are 2 entirely different things.

I honestly don't know what you expect from an mmorpg that has only been in development for 3.5 years.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • I honestly don't know what you expect from an mmorpg that has only been in development for 3.5 years.

From one side I agree with you. From other side I do not. The original release date was 2019. It was still a communicated date in the end of 2018. But the real thing is that we still not have an MMORPG Alpha test start date.
    To be honest I was sure that the 2019 release date cannot be true, but I did not expected that we will not have any additional information regarding the MMORPG in middle of July,2019. I am not upset like some people here, but I understand why they are upset.

ghoosty wrote: »
    I honestly don't know what you expect from an mmorpg that has only been in development for 3.5 years.

From one side I agree with you. From other side I do not. The original release date was 2019. It was still a communicated date in the end of 2018. But the real thing is that we still not have an MMORPG Alpha test start date.
    To be honest I was sure that the 2019 release date cannot be true, but I did not expected that we will not have any additional information regarding the MMORPG in middle of July,2019. I am not upset like some people here, but I understand why they are upset.

Yeah that was definitely a mistake on Steven's part with that initial release estimate, and I'd say he's paid the price for it. That's why they are being much more careful now when it comes to dates of things.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • zinniezinnie Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The only info the Letter needed was a test date, and we got what we wanted. Now we just have to wait for the new and improved Apoc testing with a new back-end.
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    So they released a new system they are proud of and* that we will all likely participate in at some level. They showed some combat, armor, and scenery animations. They gave dates and talked a bit about their plan.

The community is still unsatisfied because it wasn't what they wanted to see.

Please give more info! No, not that, that is not good enough. Please give us what we want, now!
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I would like some news about the MMO
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

I would like some news about the MMO

Like what?
    volunteer_moderator.gif