Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Risk vs. reward

Boa noite, estava lendo na seção da enciclopédia (Risk vs. reward) sobre o comércio com caravanas e notei que embora os desenvolvedores digam que os riscos devem ser para os dois lados eu não encontrei nenhuma penalidade para que tenta roubar a caravana.
Por exemplo, o comerciante arrisca seu tempo, o dinheiro da compra ou fabricação dos item e caso seja roubado ele perde tudo, já o ladrão não arrisca nada e se morrer não e penalizado apenas ganha um teleporte para o ponto de reviver.
Se eu tiver entendido errado a enciclopédia por favor me ensinem a regra correta.

Observação: Como podem perceber sou Brasileiro e também gostaria de saber se haverá bloqueio de IP para a América do Sul, agradeço a atenção desde já.

Translation

Good evening, I was reading in the risk vs. reward section of the caravan trade and I noticed that although the developers say the risks should be for both sides I did not find any penalty for trying to steal the caravan.
For example, the merchant risks his time, the money of the purchase or manufacture of the item and if it is stolen he loses everything, since the thief risks nothing and if he dies he is not penalized and only gains a teleport to the point of reviving.
If I have misunderstood the encyclopedia please teach me the correct rule.

Note: As you can understand, I am Brazilian and I would also like to know if there will be IP blocking for South America, thank you for your attention right away.

Comments

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    There is no region blocking.

As far as the risk vs reward for the attacker

1) Death penalty (if they did, even though its legal combat they still take the XP loss for dying)
    2) Reputation - people will quickly come to be known as thieves and highwaymen
    3) Retribution - you may get away with stealing, but your guild name will be known and become a target

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    could you quote where was sayd that risk should be on both sides at a caravan battleground ?
    all i can imagine is if a attacker failed; he wasted his time looking and fighting for the caravan. with risk vs reward being more on the side that launched the caravan.

about your region, i dont think they plan to IP block anything but youl have to wait and see if there will be a dedicated server based on intrest from your region. imo it would be a great idea since on other games the br community's seem to really stick togethere playing as big groups!
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    24a70b804c222bb83b472a6537002288.png
    56fb01cfd036e8c27bbcd1c05c8d4b5c.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • TramontinaTramontina Member
    edited July 2019
    First I would like to thank you for all the answers.
    shkevi wrote: »
    could you quote where was sayd that risk should be on both sides at a caravan battleground ?

In this encyclopedia page: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Risk_vs_reward

There is a generic quote (in fact it does not refer to the caravan in particular) which cites what appears to be the general policy of risk and reward within the game. Because I was a general police officer, I thought that the caravans were also applicable.

The source is livestream from May 22, 2017 at 38 minutes and 44 seconds.Steven Sharif.

In my personal opinion greatly facilitating the theft can lead trade to collapse. I remember when I played archeage and only saw the players doing trade in safe areas while the pirates became fishermen for lack of commercial activity, in short, I believe that giving clear advantage to the merchants and making it difficult for the thieves would make a game more active both in trade and in pvp.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You have to remember that those that attack and pillage caravans do not loot the entire caravan. They get a percentage of the loot dropped as certificates that need to be redeemed at point of origin. We still need further clarification on that mechanic, but it is going to be hilarious if when you redeem those certs you get the actual resources, necessitating you to make your own caravan to move them to your home base. Creating a cycle of ever diminishing returns.
    771e2b4ef19690c3205672265add3924.png
    0e618bb896b67db456015439e3468893.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg