Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, July 26, 2019 at 11AM PDT

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited July 2019 in Announcements
Twitter-Q-A_Submisson-7-25-19.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Friday, July 26, 2019 at 11AM PDT! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

As per our new live stream format, we'd love to gather some questions from everyone! Please, place your question in the comments section below, and we'll try to get to as many of them as we can on our live stream this Friday. Submissions end Thursday, July 25, 2019 in order to allow us time to compile them all before the broadcast. =D

We can't wait to share our development update with you! Chat with you on Friday! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Edit:

Video if you missed the live broadcast! =)

https://youtu.be/6GySx-cU6Js
marketing.gif

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    We have been told that there will be seamless transitions from area to area. How does Ashes plan to deal with an event perhaps organized on social media of "Rush Node 51 at a specific date and time!" and a majority of a specific server try to put thousands of people in a node and the problems that would create?
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    Will the sandal be in the August 20th test instance, if so, will it be in the same location as it was in the previous tests?

I beg thee Sandal Lord to share his wisdom upon me, for I am the leader of the Sandal Crusade. We must find it.
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
    He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited July 2019
    Will there be action camera like in ESO? I personally prefer to move sideways by moving my mouse and interacting with NPCs\mobs etc by turning towards them. As a follow up question; will I be able to use the action camera even if most of my chosen abilities are tab? Thanks in advance.
    signature.png
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will Intrepid be attending Gamescom this year?
  • luffy94luffy94 Member
    edited July 2019
    How important to the endgame will PvE raids be?
  • enthar111enthar111 Member, Intrepid Pack
    Regarding cosmetics in the MMO, will we have a wardrobe system similar to Guild Wars 2 where we can freely apply equipment skins our account has unlocked? Or will they be one-time use (or be similarly limited)?
  • Will we experience different tidal patterns in the ocean? High tide, low tide, slack tide, falling, rising? Will there be moon cycles that effect these tides? If yes then will the tides cause certain area to only be available during certain time and restrict access. Will tides effect fishing?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    any news on the other classes?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • arodicusarodicus Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People
    Will the world map be global? Meaning if I walk west will I eventually get back to where I was? Or will there be invisible walls or unscaleable mountains at the edges of the map?
  • Pip_0Pip_0 Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Hello, and thanks for your amazing work!

You mentioned long ago that there would be "truly" unique weapons and gear, in a sense that the player that found it first will be the only one to get it. Do you have a plan in mind to avoid a few select people hoarding these unique items? Or will the player that got the weapon first have its ownership until he decides to sell or give it away?
  • RostekRostek Member
    The hybrid combat described sounds something like ESO so I was wondering which game would you say combat will feel most similar to?
  • Other than taxes, will the only way nodes get resources from players be by their own prerogative? Or will there be something else that forces that? People, by nature, are hoarders, so I can't see a willingness to give up hard-earned resources for a tiny bar to advance another fraction.
  • zinniezinnie Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will we be able to place Mayor Campaign banners on our Caravans, thank you.
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Will dynamic destruction also affect ships or is it limited to stuctures?
  • OzelotlOzelotl Member
    edited July 2019
    Will there be a sneak mechanic usable for all classes or will stealth be limited to rogues? If it will be limited to just rogues, how will non rogues (not just rangers) counter it?

I am aware of the rogue's stealth ability countered by ranger's utility. I am asking if any other class will have a different mechanic (not ability) to hide and how other classes can counter. Like in ESO, nightblades get the ability dark cloak that is an instant hide while being seen. This is countered by certain abilities and DoT effects. Everyone has a sneak mechanic utilized by breaking line of sight and crouching for a short time; this is maintained by moving slow, by not getting hit by AoE, and by keeping a certain minimum distance.
  • SarevokSarevok Member
    edited July 2019
    Since we have the Tulnar race, will there be large areas, nodes, dungeons or fortresses found underground (similar to the Underdark in D&D)? If there is, will we be be able to see underground cavern routes reaching to other nearby nodes or the possible chance to create them?

<QUESTION ANSWERED! THANKS!>
  • SparkOfHopeSparkOfHope Member
    edited July 2019
    Answered, but can't delete this on my mobile
  • If the combat system is really Gucci, and the game gets really popular, will it turn into an eSport?
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What are the different mount types and what are there use cases?
  • CambiguousCambiguous Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will secondary classes immediately give you access to all augments for skills, or will there be a form of progression necessary for each Primary/Secondary class combination?
    https://gfycat.com/@Cambiguous
    Someone you otter know.
  • You said that the highest skilled players in each artisan class wont be masters of all.
    my question: Will there be decision to be made in the way as an artisan? Decision that funnel me into plated armor crafting instead of leather armor crafting or even into a specific material that i mastered in use.

How deep is this specialization? will it be exclusive to "armor smithing" or exclusive to "plated armor smithing" or even exclusive to "steel plated armor smithing"?

Keep up the good work! sorry no native englando
    dmkw
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    branegames wrote: »
    Will Intrepid be attending Gamescom this year?

been asking that on forum discord and twitch for the last months. i guess we found out they are not attending from the last creative directors letter. or well.... i doubt they would during APOC testing right? not like it would be nice to let us know. not like there are ppl who would like to attend gamescom just to meet IS. not like there are limited pre-order tickets. EU lul

anyway my question is : will intrepid attend gamescom 2019 ? please tell us even if you dont go. i cant imagine that this info is not avaible yet. most either reserved a booth alrdy or letted theyr community know in advance. i dont want to complain but come on guys……. :s
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • TheRealDexTheRealDex Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Are you planning on having a game related app for phone or/and tablet?
    signature-daevasfashion-11889_2.png
  • Krim LKrim L Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is there still a chance we will get some form of the character creator during Apocalypse? Or will we need to wait for Alpha 1?
  • xSynimaticxSynimatic Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I've been told about the marriage system and me and my wife are excited. But with most games marriage is nothing special and just gives you a title. Will there be actual special things that a married couple can do? Like perhaps live in the same house and co-own said house?
  • zenozeno Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When is the earliest kickstarter backers will be able to play the MMO?
  • CaelronCaelron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be a typed-chat system in APOC this time? The voice-over IP seemed to work great, but lots of people just never responded, or even knew about it.

Also - Is it possible to have an "exploration mode" during APOC testing? (Or maybe just an un-timed version?)
    Basically just a version where we can log in and admire the terrain and its beauty and facets without worrying about the corruption wall killing us.
  • What will the talent trees look like? For example will they be similar to Vanilla WOW, Current WOW, POE style or something entirely different?
  • perseus01perseus01 Member
    edited July 2019
    Will there be giant serpents to go with the monolithic beasts?
  • thelazypeonthelazypeon Member, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Modern MMOs have lost the sense of mystery with everything being known and discovered on PTRs before new patches and data mining being a huge way for websites like MMO champion to make money via ad revenue... can you talk in depth about how you will bring back that sense of mystery and wonder in Ashes with future updates and prevent people data mining upcoming content?

ALSO
    Will there be a PTR or Test Server post launch for upcoming content? if so how do you stop players from feeling like they've already "experienced all the new stuff" during testing before content is fully released.