Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Reaction 26/7 Live Stream

VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
So how do people feel about the latest live stream? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

There were a few positive things to come out IMO. One was the leaning towards guilds being able to upload their own heraldry/symbols a positive move and popular with many myself included.

The as-yet unconfirmed slip concerning officers in guilds getting possible flying/gliding mounts if they control one of the regional castles. This would be contrary to all the information we have had so far on their ever being 10 flying mounts in-game.

It was nice to see the wyrmling being created hope to see it animated soon.

I guess they were my main takeaways from the stream. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Another month closer to Alpha 1.
3KAqRIf.png
Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.

Comments

• georgeblackgeorgeblack Member
    edited July 2019
    I like how Steven supports meaningful grouping for long term adventures as opposed to quick runs in which players will get judged by an item score before getting accepted for a quick content

It is an indication that the game will be more about an open world experience and natural PvW instead of instances and Group Finder port in gameplay.

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I liked the Py'Rai artwork, but i still have not seen any uptodate tulnar races...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    That is because the Tulnar were a stretch goal, and they are wanted, but not required for release.
    1bd3c486e25a3bf93fff7555d0209508.png
    That being said, it will be almost impossible for them to add Tulnar after launch since they are one of the 5 starting areas and the Underrealm map is intrinsically tied to the overworld map for design decisions concerning balance and other core issues. Just temper your expectations with them being the last big racial reveal.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I struggled to listen to the live stream everyone talking over the top of each other. Each guest is asked "anything to add" and all seemed like they was not expecting to add anything. Looking confused they all shrugged and said "no". It felt an odd way to end what should have been a structured segment of the presentation.

The chair shuffle is not really working either it feels a little chaotic from Jeff walking off with the chair at the start (which was funny) to the awkward transition of each guest. A free flow presentation is always good, just needs some tuning in structure and transition of the subjects discussed (this might put the guests a little bit more at ease too) :wink:

The people over at Ashes Post create a transcript of the live stream each time and they do this really quickly so props to them. https://ashespost.com/7-26-19-livestream-transcript/

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    i liked the trebuchet video and disliked the flying mount hint ( if it even holds any truth :D )
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I felt it was ok. A bit bland but ok
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    neomir wrote: »

The people over at Ashes Post create a transcript of the live stream each time and they do this really quickly so props to them. https://ashespost.com/7-26-19-livestream-transcript/

@shaze does a really good job of putting the transcript together. I actually always put a link in my guild discord to the transcript on the ashen post rather than the actual live stream as it is much easier to follow and digest in transcript form IMO. Great work.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    While I'm a little sad my question didn't get answered, there was some interesting things in it. I like the idea of unique buffs for different objectives during sieges. Probably the most interesting was the question regarding seeing other people's level and equipment. I can fully understand Intrepid's reasoning for this but seems largely futile, not to mention that I don't believe that should be a focus. Exclusion from groups is going to happen regardless of what Intrepid do, and to me that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If you intend to do the hardest content you want to have some indication that the people you are bringing can do it. Yes there is a disparity between player skill and character strength through gear, but not that much if they do it properly.

Also, like it or not, in a game where your character's strength is based on stats and gear, there will be content that your character physically cannot handle. It doesn't matter how good you are as a player if your character dies in 1 second in a fight.

So yeah, I can understand what they are trying to do, but I don't believe it will work out as they intend.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I liked that we received more info than what we already had as mentioned above. Really enjoyed hearing the Devs talk about their work. I think the format is working well, and that they got thru all the questions they wanted to answer. I am still waiting for the Divine Node info. :* (hint hint)
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Best thing that they said for me:
    Exotic weapons (like scythes) will be possible.
    Next class build idea: The Derwish (from GW1)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I expect it to take some time for the devs to perfect the new format.
    Having a chance to meet and hear from the other devs is more important to me than however clunky it might feel.
    I expect the devs who tend not to spend a lot of time doing PR to appear a bit awkward.

I’m not sure the news about officers getting dragons being very different from what we’ve been told previously. Those could be temporary dragons that only last for a few hours or days, rather than being accessible for a full month.
    We need more details to be sure.

I enjoyed this stream.
    About what I expected.
    I think my only disappointment is that I would have preferred to see a Dwarf or Orc starting area rather than an updated Elf starting area.

I loved the Py’Rai buildings concept art. Hard to imagine what a Py’Rai Metro will be like, though. An underground Py’Rai Metro should be fascinating. Especially in an arctic biome.

Next stream, we should have dev feedback from the APOC testing and we might have a clearer idea of when Castle Siege will hit and when MMORPG Alpha 1 will begin.
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I quite like the new format. Of course I wished for my question to be answered, but other than that I have really no critique when it comes to the livestreams
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just wish they gave us info on the classes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Clarification from Steven from discord on the flying mounts for guild officers.

To clarify the leak, The guild leader of a castle can grant the use of the flying undermounts during sieges only, and only if the castle nodes are successfully established prior to the siege.

It is related to the 3 nodes that surround the castle and how well you defend them throughout the month, again quoted from Steven.
    Nods A grants 1
    Node B grants 2
    Node C grants 2

All need to remember this is subject to testing and possible change.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've 100% experienced the stratification of item requirements over skill, I've seen my mom struggle to perform up to par with other elder gamers and I feel so bad for them that, even though they have such hard lives, and get only so much time to play that, they couldn't get the items they needed collectively to participate in dungeons that are essentially just arbitrarily time gated. They might succeed 1 in 10 tries compared to someone succeeding in 1 in 3 and then the loot system just makes it impossible for people with their schedules to progress. She could be a max level crafter in that game, and never get to experience the content that supports because her guildies were casuals. Gear isn't what makes your character meaningful and its shown so clearly every time they make a new expansion where they throw out all the old gear's value in WoW.

I absolutely loath what that game became.