Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

AoC Progress?

I haven't been really keeping up with AoC. Has it gone to alpha 1 yet? wiki page confuses me... Also think it will be anywhere near end of 2020?

Comments

• GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    No, everything has been pushed back to soon™, but here can you read the latest directors letter: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-07-16-creative-directors-letter
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • We learned there will be "real" dragons (with four legs) in the game and not "fake" dragons that are actually wyverns in most other mmos/movies/tv shows.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well are supposed to get APOC back in August.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The next round of APOC testing will begin on August 20th. After that the devs will have a better idea of when Alpha 1 for the mmo will start.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • My bet is itll be at least 8-12 months till release, leaning more towards a year
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nacario wrote: »
    My bet is itll be at least 8-12 months till release, leaning more towards a year

Oh a full release is at least another year away, possibly 2 years if things get delayed.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nacario wrote: »
    My bet is itll be at least 8-12 months till release, leaning more towards a year

Oh a full release is at least another year away, possibly 2 years if things get delayed.

yeah I can see it coming out in 2 years
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was two years, being that we are getting back into APOC at the end of August.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    elf wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was two years, being that we are getting back into APOC at the end of August.

we may get to castle sieges by the end of the year :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was ever hopeful to see alpha 1 by the end of this year but after the last director's letter am thinking q2 next year for alpha 1. As for dates beyond that honestly is not worth speculating on as there will no doubt be more delays.

But that's MMO development for you kids ;)

I will be here no matter how long it takes unless the reaper gets me.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • That's disappointing in a way. Though, hopping for quality over quantity for this game given the delay. I just hope it will not end up being like ffxiv copy of WoW. I hate being tunneled to sub to grind for raids/dungeons. That just gets so boring because crafting and anything else is just flair.