Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Resisting Node Improvement

So far we have seen how a node can be improved and how it can be destroyed, but I was wondering if there is a way to actively resist the improvement of a node. A military node starts at Level 0, and some players begin to gain experience in the node to raise it to Military Level 1. Is there a way for other players to actively resist this improvement to prevent the node from reaching Level 1.

As it appears right now any activity in a node grants experience to the node which contributes to the nodes progression.

Comments

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The simple answer is yes.
    Don't due stuff there and it won't gain XP.
    I personally will find one based on the type I wish to be a part of and help it grow.(undecided as of yet which one)
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfIqO3bivro
    35:20
    lol @Krojak 's excited face during that question btw :D
    short answer seems deleveling no and slowing down leveling yes, trough monster coin and fighting a node wars. obviously you cant claim a monster with monster coin if the event is in your own city. whether this works at 0 1 or 2 i dont know.. seems more mechanics that start at village stage.. didnt check wiki for this one tho.
    btw this is APOC forum, node stuff would fit better in general
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Once it is level 1 you can disrupt it by preventing it from easily gaining XP.

The problem is, once it has reached level 1, it blocks the growth of all its neighboring nodes so they cannot go from 0 to 1.

Until we know more about the node system, we won't fully know how you could deal with this situation. But basically once a node has gotten to level 1, you'd have to let it get to level 3 so you could siege it so you could destroy it, or you'd have to ensure nobody was getting xp in it so it would atrophy.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • DayuhanDayuhan Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Shkevi, that video at 35:20 answered my question. Sorry, I thought I did post in the AoC forum, must of not seen when I switched forums.
  • RaytekuRayteku Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    jahlon wrote: »
    Once it is level 1 you can disrupt it by preventing it from easily gaining XP.

The problem is, once it has reached level 1, it blocks the growth of all its neighboring nodes so they cannot go from 0 to 1.

This is inaccurate the nearby nodes are enslaved at level 3 not 1. They are called vassel nodes, here is the link to the wiki and the know your nodes blog post. The relevant information is inside the spoiler tags as well.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_advancement#Vassal_nodes
    Vassal nodes
    Nodes greater than stage 3 (Village) enslave nearby nodes, converting them into vassal nodes.[3]

Vassal nodes must remain one node stage below their parent node.[3]
    Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see Node atrophy). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.[1]
    If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.[3]
    Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.[3]
    If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.[1]
    Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.[3]
    Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.[3]
    Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.[3]
    If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node.[1] – Margaret Krohn

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-03-16-know-your-nodes-the-basics
    VASSAL NODES
    Beginning at Node Stage 3, when a Node advances, it enslaves nearby Nodes and makes them into its Vassals. Vassal Nodes are owned by a Parent Node and must always be at least one Node Stage below the Parent Node. This means that the Vassal Node cannot grow until the Parent Node advances in stage.

Vassal Nodes give excess experience to their Parent Node, and are able to have their own Vassals, as long as they fit within the Parent Node’s Zone of Influence. They are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their Parent Node, and are able to receive federal aid from them. A Vassal Node cannot declare war on their Parent Node or any of its Vassals. Citizens of Vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the Parent Node.

P.S. @jahlon No malice is/was intended with this post, just want to make sure the correct information is being stated.
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    that surely gives a idea how the map will look after a few weeks in the game
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • finndofinndo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Everyone missed the most important part of resisting node development!!!

Build up the node next to it faster!
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Technically, there is no way to stop a Node from progressing from Stage 0 to Stage 1 because we won't know where the Node is until it reaches Stage 1. I suppose we might be able to do so once we map the locations of all 103 Node.
    After we know where all the Nodes are, we could just not adventure there, or focus on progressing adjacent Nodes.
    And once a Node hits Stage 1, we could just abandon it so that it will atrophy.