Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Questions about the PvE side of Ashes of Creation MMORPG (Raiding, Gear, Player Housing)

Hello,

I was wondering a few things pertaining the PvE content of the Ashes of Creation MMORPG ;

1) How will raids influence the way you gear up in this game? Will it revolve around a weekly lockout meaning only 1 gear piece a week, is it an infinite progression decided by RNG gear drops? Are we even gearing up through raids, and is gear actually needed to raid or is everyone somehow scaled in power and are the raid clears based on skill instead of gear, or both?

2) When we talk about gear, if we assume gear is the core feature of getting stronger statwise (ignoring skill trees) how will the design of progression by gear be decided? Is it safe to assume the best of the best gear will only drop through raids and/dungeons? How viable is crafting gear statwise, is it a decent alternative for people looking to raid?

3) For player housing, since player housing will not be instanced, is it possible for every player to obtain their own property, or is it a first come/first served design, meaning plots of land are limited?
Will players be suspectible to losing their houses, either through the dynamic world events, or inactivity by not logging in after a certain amount of time has passed?

4) Can you guarantee everyone a plot, or are the plots distributed by an ingame mechanic based on feats you have achieved?
If player housing is indeed limited in quantity, what are the rules to obtain one, and does it offer more than vanity alone, can we use the plot as a workshop, set up a store, offer services to players like repairing their gear, selling crafted and/or gathered goods?

Needless to say, i am very looking forward to this game, and becoming a content creator for it on Twitch, the moment it officially launches. I am very interested in the way the dev team handles this game, and i hope to see most of you all in the game, should the time arrive.

Hope the days will treat everyone else good until and after the game arrives!

Agent Riot

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Rather than write you a tome I will just direct you to the wiki. All of the current information that has been released by Intrepid can be found there. Will give a short answer to get you going.

1. Raids, dungeons, and crafting will all play a part in endgame gear.
    2. Instead of a traditional stat based vertical power progression, part of it is horizontal in nature.
    3. Housing has 3 types depending which type it is indeed those lucky enough to be the right place at the right time. The non-instanced open world housing from what they envision and describe is less a land grab vs a find the right place thing.
    4. Answered by 3.

Good luck with your info journey.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    2) When we talk about gear, if we assume gear is the core feature of getting stronger statwise (ignoring skill trees) how will the design of progression by gear be decided? Is it safe to assume the best of the best gear will only drop through raids and/dungeons? How viable is crafting gear statwise, is it a decent alternative for people looking to raid?

The best gear will be a mix of crafted and looted gear. -Steven Sharif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well, depends on what you mean by stat.
    Ashes also has racial stat progression.
    And I expect some stats to be acquired from religions and social organizations that may be tied to character, rather than just to gear.

Crafting for gear includes adding stats as well as adding weapon abilities.