Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Planned Information Release Schedule Request

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
These recent snippets / updates of work in progress and game lements have been great and something to look forward to.

Whilst I understand there is an overall hesitation to provide too much commitment to the master schedule with fixed dates and more macro elements are not ready for release.

On a more micro scale, is there a chance of even a basic outline of the content snippets planned release schedule?

Comments

• AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Are you asking for a timeline on when they plan to release clips?
    Like the horse, griffin, and quarrier?
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What we see has to be approved by Steven he has certain standards he desires thus it has been said numerous times there are many articles completed or near completion that simply require his approval. But these articles and sneak peek need to convey the correct information thus the caution in releasing new information.
    While it would be nice to have an outline for when such information is released I would not expect to see such a schedule any time soon. Your not alone in wanting to know all we can about AOC but for now, we just have to be content with what we are getting.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nodes 3....
    Dygz wrote: »
    Nodes 3....

Lol, I guess someone had to say it.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    soontm.gif
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • nurce1998nurce1998 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would be nice to know when we can expect to start being able to test the MMO
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aug 20th. :p
  • nurce1998nurce1998 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2019
    Apoc isn’t MMO. But yes. I’m very much looking forward to that as well.
    Apop isn’t MMO. But yes. I’m very much looking forward to that as well.

Hmmm was that a deliberate typo or not :D me thinks the keys are too far apart.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I mean, I would like to see more stuff, but I'm far from concerned over not havinf enough for the simple fact that when we do get an update, they have something to show us that indicates obvious progress of their work.

I can't recall a time where they came to us and said "sorry, nothing new to talk about or show you."
    Aq0KG2f.png
    Agreed. Just because the things being shown are not what some are looking, that doesn't mean there is no progression.

I am not a fan of the, " we gave you money, now you have to give us constant updates on that thing we purchased before its done," mindset.

If we were investors looking to turn a profit on the other hand, I would demand quarterly reports at the least.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am a fan of the "Hey, we want your money now, give it to us and we will have open transparency during the development process and use input from the community to help shape things." Not a fan of "Damn, it is a couple years later and some of my team don't like the criticisms coming from the community, so we will snippet out irrelevant info just to keep a full out revolt from happening like the QTE."
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am a fan of the "Hey, we want your money now, give it to us and we will have open transparency during the development process and use input from the community to help shape things." Not a fan of "Damn, it is a couple years later and some of my team don't like the criticisms coming from the community, so we will snippet out irrelevant info just to keep a full out revolt from happening like the QTE."

I can see a huge exodus happening sone to be honest
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    I know we all paid to play, and I understand wanting more information. I even get not wanting to think about it or spend time 'following' it until release.

But a mass exodus of people leaving and never coming back would be odd.

As far as giving money now and wanting transparency in return, that makes sense too. I just don't think our dollars paid for that level of response.

It was nice when we had it, but as the game gets closer to play time and the community here and at large grows, there is greater chance for more negative publicity than positive with every thing they release.

We all know people are more apt to talk aboit things they don't like, than things they do. At least through media.
    Azathoth wrote: »
    I know we all paid to play, and I understand wanting more information. I even get not wanting to think about it or spend time 'following' it until release.

As far as giving money now and wanting transparency in return, that makes sense too. I just don't think our dollars paid for that level of response.

It was nice when we had it, but as the game gets closer to play time and the community here and at large grows, there is greater chance for more negative publicity than positive with every thing they release.

We all know people are more apt to talk aboit things they don't like, than things they do. At least through media.

At this point, the devs have made so many mistakes and false promises that it's becoming a joke. Trust is the one thing intrepid should be working on gaining as everything they say is based on trust, but so far they have lost most of it.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    I agree, and posting progress that later indicates a backwards motion or setting dates they fully intent to keep but in the end they can't, won't help.

The word-smithery that started immediately after the KS has always concerned me, and it seems like they go a bit further down that hole every year.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    Surely, at the very least, they could announce during the monthly live stream what they are planning to discuss and/or show at the next month(s) (or two`s) live stream as a closer?
  • ceemesceemes Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I can understand the people who want more information. i would like to get more, too^^ but as i experienced this topic in other games, i got to learn that i should wait more, because then it can get better without releasing information concerning unfinished things. So I think we should wait and see, what the next months will show us :D I hope, the APOC will be awesome :P
  • Nagash wrote: »

At this point, the devs have made so many mistakes and false promises that it's becoming a joke. Trust is the one thing intrepid should be working on gaining as everything they say is based on trust, but so far they have lost most of it.

In what way have they broken promises?

They made a launch date that got disrupted due to new information, that’s not breaking a promise. I’d argue most people were well aware it wasn’t going to happen even if IS was fully intending to have it done that quickly.

They said they don’t have plans to launch the MMO on steam, which is true, it can change in the future and that doesn’t make their statement now untrue. APOC is not the MMO, it’s a testing platform. The rewards are transferring over to the MMO anyway to reward people for testing
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nagash wrote: »

No offense, but it is comments like this that make developers pull back in to their shell and not tell their player base anything.

Everything any game developer says is always tentative. Just because they plan on doing a thing today, that doesn't mean that plan will still be the case tomorrow. If they announced they were wanting to do that thing today, and then tomorrow their plans changed, they get players complaining of "broken promises" - even though they were only talking about the at-the-time plan.

If I were in Stevens position, I'd only ever talk about things that were finished - or talk about nothing at all.
    Caeryl wrote: »

They made a launch date that got disrupted due to new information, that’s not breaking a promise. I’d argue most people were well aware it wasn’t going to happen even if IS was fully intending to have it done that quickly.

They said they don’t have plans to launch the MMO on steam, which is true, it can change in the future and that doesn’t make their statement now untrue. APOC is not the MMO, it’s a testing platform. The rewards are transferring over to the MMO anyway to reward people for testing

This is why I dont trust them.

They said the would self publish they then changed that to my.com.
    They said before 2020 even if we know they would never make it its still a false promise
    The monetised the testing ground (apoc)
    they said they would not post on steam and now they are (they said this before Apoc with a thing)

and these are just the main things. If this was a AAA company like EA or Activision we would be up in arms
    nJ0vUSm.gif

noaani wrote: »

No offense, but it is comments like this that make developers pull back in to their shell and not tell their player base anything.

Everything any game developer says is always tentative. Just because they plan on doing a thing today, that doesn't mean that plan will still be the case tomorrow. If they announced they were wanting to do that thing today, and then tomorrow their plans changed, they get players complaining of "broken promises" - even though they were only talking about the at-the-time plan.

If I were in Stevens position, I'd only ever talk about things that were finished - or talk about nothing at all.

If this were any other company that made the same mistakes as Intriped, then we would hold them to it and that what I'm doing. Intrepid is a crowdfunded game and if they can't take a bit of criticism then why crowdfund?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited August 2019

If this were any other company that made the same mistakes as Intriped, then we would hold them to it and that what I'm doing. Intrepid is a crowdfunded game and if they can't take a bit of criticism then why crowdfund?
    Oh, criticism in itself is fine. I mean, I'm a somewhat critical person both professionally and privately.

Thing is, if a company is telling you their plans, and those plans are what they intend to do when they tell you, if things change and those plans are no longer what they intend to do, it doesn't mean they lied.

If what they told you was accurate when they told you, then we have no reason to ever complain about that statement.

If we do complain about statements they have made about plans that were accurate when they told us, then we have no one to blame but ourselves if they stop telling us what their plans are - crowdfunding or no.

If you want to be critical, be critical of what the plans actually are - not of the fact that plans change.
    And how do we know what they say is true? Let's say they thought the game would come out for 2020 that should mean most of the game would have been finished in this year, yet we have nothing to show for it which is odd. Personally, I think they messed up and were way behind to start with and that why we have nothing. That's, why I dont, trust them as they have done nothing to earn it.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited August 2019
    Let's say they thought the game would come out for 2020
    If that is what they thought when they said it, then the statement was correct.

If they say "we think the game will be out..." or "we hope the game will be out...", or even "we want the game to be out..." then they are not actually saying "the game will be out..."

We have never been given a release date, or even a release window. All we have been given is what they want to happen. No lies, no tricks, just players reading words that aren't actually there.

That said, I have never been anything other than disappointed by a game that was released on schedule.

That said, I have never been anything other than disappointed by a game that was released on schedule.

so where is the proof?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

so where is the proof?

Proof is not required for opinions.

so where is the proof?

you are right but it is required to build trust and thats my problem
    nJ0vUSm.gif

so where is the proof?

you are right but it is required to build trust and thats my problem
    So far, I've not seen anything from Intrepid to erode any trust I have in them. I haven't seen anything to increase it either.

As a company that doesn't yet have a product to market, this is expected.
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    edited August 2019
    Caeryl wrote: »

This is why I dont trust them.

They said the would self publish they then changed that to my.com.
    They said before 2020 even if we know they would never make it its still a false promise
    The monetised the testing ground (apoc)
    they said they would not post on steam and now they are (they said this before Apoc with a thing)

and these are just the main things. If this was a AAA company like EA or Activision we would be up in arms

Where were any of those statements presented as promises? Where did they swear these things would for sure happen?

They told you plans, plans change, most people understand that.

Also, in what way is APOC being monetized? Are you referring to packages being sold for the MMO? I would think not but there hasn’t been anything involving real money sales in regards to APOC thusfar