Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Anthropomorphic Platypus People!

OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Please?

World of Warcraft has Murlocs. Can we get Platypussians?

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    MRGL? MRGRLGHLLGRLUGLARL!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Platypussians please!
    Poko.png
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    I like the idea but not the name.

They can be Platypeople.

Wielding Platypikes.

CombatPlatypus.jpg

Hhak63P.png
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Meh, Platypus are boring. Why not have a Platypus Bunny instead!

flat,800x800,070,f.u3.jpg
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I didn't know
    Atama wrote: »
    I like the idea but not the name.

They can be Platypeople.

Wielding Platypikes.

CombatPlatypus.jpg

I could like an idea I had so much :O
  • NarysNarys Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do love me a good Murloc, would be nice to have something like them in as a nod to WoW.
    wtmb2cxjbyas.gif
    edited August 2019
    Now look at that big bellied Platypussian, and imagine that they make cute quaking or squeaks or honks. That would be the icing on the cake, I hope yal seriously think about it! I love yal and believe in your vision for the game, but I figured I'd chip in a suggestion!
  • TarlachTarlach Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Narys wrote: »
    I do love me a good Murloc, would be nice to have something like them in as a nod to WoW.
    Makes more sense to do a nod to Lineage, Archeage or Aion since Steven liked those mmo's the best and they will have the most effect on the feel of Ashes.

P.S. WoW sucked
    edited August 2019
    WoW sucked?

Hahaahahahaha

No. What WoW became sucked.

Please go somewhere else if you want to badmouth WoW. Its not a good game anymore, but it was a brilliant game for a time.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    OrcLuck wrote: »
    WoW sucked?

Hahaahahahaha

No. What WoW became sucked.

Please go somewhere else if you want to badmouth WoW. Its not a good game anymore, but it was a brilliant game for a time.

Well that went sour very quickly....
    volunteer_moderator.gif
    I had tons of fun in WoW back in the day. If fun sucks, then yeah it sucked.

Hhak63P.png
  • I never played WoW, so I have no frame of reference.. I was more an EQ guy.. I'm not bad mouthing WoW, just never played it personally..
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If someone says wow sucked perhaps it did from their personal point of view or perhaps they are just trolling.

But I enjoyed my time playing wow back in vanilla can't say I would enjoy its current incarnation though, but then so much of my enjoyment of MMO's comes from the people I play with as much as the game its self.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
    I just get a little defensive, I spent plenty of years really enjoying WoW, and for its time it was great.
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
    Lex wrote: »

Yes, a whole new kind of nightmare... xD

Imagine, you are walking through a field of flowers, and suddenly a horde of them unburrows around you, staring, waiting, until they suddenly swarm you.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • I'd like an Anthropomorphic Anglerfish race...
    edited August 2019
    Shoklen wrote: »
    I'd like an Anthropomorphic Anglerfish race...

That's just a murloc with extra steps

Also apparently the perry the platypus sound is sorta close to the real sound. They sort of chitter and squeak. Its cute.

Just imagine little Platypussians, make them small and cute, but the males are really good at kicking and heal kicks with the spurs.

Little karate kicking Platypussians defending their egg clutches chittering angerly. Doing round house kicks. Kind of klutz on land they just fall and tumble.

I'm telling ya, its the dream!
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Lex wrote: »

Yes, a whole new kind of nightmare... xD

Imagine, you are walking through a field of flowers, and suddenly a horde of them unburrows around you, staring, waiting, until they suddenly swarm you.

Don't need to imagine. That's exactly what it was like in Alpha 0 :worried:
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd like to wait and see what the devs come up with on their own before pushing as players for certain creature types we personally have a thing for. I want to see the Ashes teams creative vision.
    Cujo wrote: »
    I'd like to wait and see what the devs come up with on their own before pushing as players for certain creature types we personally have a thing for. I want to see the Ashes teams creative vision.

And the more power to you. I however don't think they're more creative then me. I don't believe they can surprise me either.

And the more power to you. I however don't think they're more creative then me. I don't believe they can surprise me either.

Oh... We're you serious about this suggestion?
    volunteer_moderator.gif
    So when they surprise you, you’ll be double-surprised!

Hhak63P.png

Oh... We're you serious about this suggestion?

Serious as a snoot full of honey bees.
  • mozsta69mozsta69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    oh god i hope Vera does not get filled with Earth animals...at least Murlocs and guars etc are original.

I dont want a earth zoo of creatures mashed with other earth creatures....how unimaginative. ....pandera ...vomit.
    edited August 2019
    mozsta69 wrote: »
    oh god i hope Vera does not get filled with Earth animals...at least Murlocs and guars etc are original.

I dont want a earth zoo of creatures mashed with other earth creatures....how unimaginative. ....pandera ...vomit.
    That’s pretty much where they’re going, if you’ve looked at examples of their bestiary so far.

And what is wrong with that? Mythical creatures of legend have always been mixtures of existing creatures. It’s difficult if not impossible to make a creature fully different from any true Earth life as we know it, because where would that inspiration come from? You’re vomiting about something that’s pretty much inevitable. What’s the alternative? Name an original creature from any fantasy story that isn’t at all derivative of something from the real world. I’m sure you can’t.

Hhak63P.png
    mozsta69 wrote: »

Everything that you could imagine is already in some way shape or form visible on earth, because you cant imagine something that you have never seen in at least some aspects.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited August 2019
    I know it would take much longer designing an entire mob list and such without drawing from reality.

I don't mind if they jazz them up a bit.
    By the way, Murlocs are just fish people. They are a “mash” of Earth creatures. They’re also suspiciously similar to Frogloks in Everquest, both in appearance and name, to the extent I'm certain that’s where Blizzard came up with them.

Hhak63P.png