Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

For those that did not notice it already and want to play Apoc on the 20th.

DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hey guys, Damokles here.

For everyone who wants to play Apoc and has not known this:
You will have to uninstall your currently installed version and redownload it on the 19th from the website OR STEAM.

Just throwing it in here. ;)
a6XEiIf.gif

Comments

• KryKry Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    thanks for this i was wondering this very question yesterday.
  • nurce1998nurce1998 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When do you think the MMO will start having open tests. Like the testing that crowfall is in right now?

Looking forward to trying Apop though.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @bmwpower603 Would be very surprised if the MMO has any open testing. They sold very expensive packages to 10s of thousands of people that had that testing access in it. Making it free for the MMO would cause them a lot of grief. Could happen though, they have changed their mind on things in the past and currently.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • nurce1998nurce1998 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @bmwpower603 Would be very surprised if the MMO has any open testing. They sold very expensive packages to 10s of thousands of people that had that testing access in it. Making it free for the MMO would cause them a lot of grief. Could happen though, they have changed their mind on things in the past and currently.

I will need to purchase one of these packages. The question is, when will we be able to play the game with purchase of the package? I’d be more likely to buy the package sooner if I had an official date that I could play the game.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    When do you think the MMO will start having open tests. Like the testing that crowfall is in right now?

Looking forward to trying Apop though.

As it stands now, there is no plan to have open testing for the MMORPG.

But everything is Subject to Change™
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • JustPhoenixJustPhoenix Member
    edited August 2019
    Intrepid will come up with a new launcher for APOC, and on Steam as well.
    So, will the MMORPG still be available on the same launcher or will they create a new launcher?
    Because Intrepid said they will not launch the mmorpg on steam and will not support it further on steam.
    (Only APOC)

So why should i download it on Steam, if i aim in the future to play the MMORPG.
  • swooxieswooxie Member, Intrepid Pack
    Intrepid will come up with a new launcher for APOC, and on Steam as well.
    So, will the MMORPG still be available on the same launcher or will they create a new launcher?
    Because Intrepid said they will not launch the mmorpg on steam and will not support it further on steam.
    (Only APOC)

So why should i download it on Steam, if i aim in the future to play the MMORPG.
    APOC is a standalone product of Intrepid the MMORPG will have a different launcher.

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Some people just REALLY like steam ;D
    You will link your Intrepid Account with the steam account, so i would imagine that they will integrate things like your friendslist from steam etc in APOC.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2019
    It's also a really good form of visibility for the game.

Not sure if people noticed, but Steam is fairly popular these days.
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Negative Reviews INCOMING !!!
  • RaytekuRayteku Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    This was posted on April 30th of 2019 (about 3.5 months ago) 1 billion total accounts and over 90 million active users. I would say that is the reason they are putting APOC on Steam.

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/steam-one-billion-accounts-1203201159/
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yes for JUST for testing reasons :P
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    Rayteku wrote: »
    This was posted on April 30th of 2019 (about 3.5 months ago) 1 billion total accounts and over 90 million active users. I would say that is the reason they are putting APOC on Steam.

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/steam-one-billion-accounts-1203201159/

Only 90 million active users monthly? This seems low to me. Do they mean concurrent or accounts active within a certain time frame of that month?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • anyone knows where the launcher is? I cant find the download button now...is not in the APOC site
    giphy.gif
  • swooxieswooxie Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2019
    Read the faq ;)
    We are also excited to announce that during this play test, Ashes of Creation Apocalypse will become available for download on Steam! The Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Steam page will launch on Monday, August 19, 2019 at 2PM PDT
    So abother 7h.
  • swooxie wrote: »
    Read the faq ;)
    We are also excited to announce that during this play test, Ashes of Creation Apocalypse will become available for download on Steam! The Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Steam page will launch on Monday, August 19, 2019 at 2PM PDT
    So abother 7h.

Already checked the FAQ
    No link to any download button
    Are they gonna put it up at the same time that the steam page?
    giphy.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lumbermark wrote: »
    swooxie wrote: »
    Read the faq ;)
    So abother 7h.

Already checked the FAQ
    No link to any download button
    Are they gonna put it up at the same time that the steam page?

expect an email sometime today
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Hopefully Apoc isn't much bigger then it was last year.. I'd really like to run it off a ram-drive again...