Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Steam Announce and Play Test FAQ for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse

Background_Image_1920x1080.jpg

The Divine Gateways are opening once more for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse starting Tuesday, August 20 at 11AM PDT, and we’re partnering up with Steam!

Here’s how to join our upcoming test: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-08-14-steam-announce-and-play-test-faq-for-ashes-of-creation-apocalypse
community_management.gif

Comments

• Not Gonna Lie.. Was Expecting more MMO... Less MOBA... Kind of a Let Down after waiting this long. Just ain't interested in Solid PvP and nothing else. Oh, Don't get me wrong, Still gonna play.. just won't be for the full time its up and only because I want to see what the game looks like on my machine.
    The Truth has 3 sides, Your Point of View, Their point of View, and The Actual Truth, so, Be careful How you wield the Sword of Truth, It Cuts 3 ways!
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So defending your practices is getting harder and harder. We have no less than 4 separate statements by Steven that this game would never be on Steam, but sure enough, screw everything we said before, Steam it is. Where shitty mmos go to die.
    unknown.png?width=400&height=63
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So defending your practices is getting harder and harder. We have no less than 4 separate statements by Steven that this game would never be on Steam, but sure enough, screw everything we said before, Steam it is. Where shitty mmos go to die.
    There is still no plans for the MMO to be on steam....Yet.
    k2U15J3.png
  • SoulsOnFireSoulsOnFire Member, Settler, Kickstarter

What's wrong with steam? If the MMO is terrible it won't matter on wich platform you can play it.
    Tq3LCNj.png
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Personally I despise steam. Needing to be logged into their crap to play a single player game is maximum weakness.
    The post says the Intrepid site OR steam.
    Hopefully the MMO won't allow Steam to contaminate it by forcing us to have the extra trash running in the back ground.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Personally I despise steam. Needing to be logged into their crap to play a single player game is maximum weakness.
    The post says the Intrepid site OR steam.
    Hopefully the MMO won't allow Steam to contaminate it by forcing us to have the extra trash running in the back ground.

I agree on that, the only thing steam does is to run background shit and no more.
  • CinnabarCinnabar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The main problem with Steam is his reviews (and his unpatient community).
    I also fear misunderstandings when peoples will discover Ashes in his BR form.
  • RaytekuRayteku Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    Honestly Steam is a really good idea for the apoc test definitely on account of, if they want players to stress and break the servers, you can't beat the user numbers that steam has. So I think it's a great idea to make use of it and if they keep APOC running until launch or after as a gateway type game Steam is good for that as well.
  • SoulsOnFireSoulsOnFire Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    Think about the exposure IS wel get from steam. Everyone knows how bad steam-reviews can be but if they have never heard of the game, they won't play either.
    Tq3LCNj.png
  • Think about the exposure IS wel get from steam. Everyone knows how bad steam-reviews can be but if they have never heard of the game, they won't play either.

I wholeheartedly agree that having AoC: Apocalypse on steam will serve to attract people who might not otherwise be looking to play the MMO itself. With Apoc consisting of the BR as well as the Siege and Horde modes, people from Steam who are interested in games similar to the various modes will be exposed to all of this MMO-related content. By showing three different aspects of MMO gameplay separately, you can give people who might otherwise be disinterested a taste of the MMO itself.

Since the MMO is not listed as a part of the deal with Steam, I don't see much of an issue as long as that remains the plan.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    "We will self publish" then my.com
    "we will never be on steam" Apoc on steam

your word at this point means jack all at this point
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »

@Nagash APOC being on Steam is not the same as the MMORPG being on Steam....
    Steam will be actually helpfull for APOC.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

@Nagash APOC being on Steam is not the same as the MMORPG being on Steam....
    Steam will be actually helpfull for APOC.

I never said the MMO would be on steam
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • While I Disagree with the decision to put ANYTHING Ashes of Creation related on Steam, I DO Understand it. It increases the exposure to the game. Hopefully the MMO will not end up on there as (IMO) it would ruin the whole experience since the Steam community seems to have a Toxicity level of 1000 and a patience level of -100.... (This is my own opinion). While I do play on Steam I have been getting away from it as fast as I can...
    The Truth has 3 sides, Your Point of View, Their point of View, and The Actual Truth, so, Be careful How you wield the Sword of Truth, It Cuts 3 ways!
  • BerrosBerros Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Haters gonna hate. Intrepid is focused on doing whatever they can to deliver the best MMORPG they can.. The data they get thru BR modes is a huge help to their backend systems development. Steven knows he can not please everyone. His decisions are based on what is best for the MMORPG. Keep up the great work intrepid. I know all the devs are working hard to give us the best MMORPG ever.

Rock on!

Berros
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think I understand the reason APOC turned to Steam. During the last BRs they were barely enough people to make a match, and sometimes you were waiting half an hour for a new match because there were not enough people testing, even opening up from Alpha people to all registered users. Steven wants enough people to hit the servers, and keep the matches with fast waiting times. I hope this works. I also hope the MMO does NOT go to Steam.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited August 2019
    When the game was delayed the hype died. Discord is low, forums are low, attendance is low. Steven needs more people so he put it on Steam. But not the MMO because that's a rip off.

Mobile was on at the beginning, then delay happened and he had to reassign programmers to the game so it looked like no mobile. Now that he has hired a bunch of people, (Including a web team) forums are updated, store is updated, logins integrated, names can be changed etc... the web team can now work on the character profile pages that accompany the game. Part of that is the mobile app, which is just a tiny website in a phone.

No broken promises, no deceit, no lack of trust, just reality. You make plans and life changes them. You adapt and continue. @Jahlon

ujFdFHn.jpg
    fNX2ISa.png

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    T Elf wrote: »
    I think I understand the reason APOC turned to Steam. During the last BRs they were barely enough people to make a match, and sometimes you were waiting half an hour for a new match because there were not enough people testing, even opening up from Alpha people to all registered users. Steven wants enough people to hit the servers, and keep the matches with fast waiting times. I hope this works. I also hope the MMO does NOT go to Steam.

That is the problem with trying to pass off a BR to an mmo crowd when you Kickstarted an mmo and the BR seems like a cash grab to many. Your "base" see it for what it might be, not what you are promoting it as and turn on you.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • From my read the only reason they are putting APOC on Steam is to stress test their servers, and they are not forcing players to use Steam - the client is still available for download from their website. Since this APOC test is still a pre-alpha build I view this as more a short-term playable trailer to expand awareness of the game.
    Tecnacly if it on steam and NOT in early access then its a full release as a sub par BR
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• consultantconsultant Member
    edited August 2019
    Actually im glad they are going to put on steam. That way people that are not necessarily followoing the game will play it cause it is on the steam platform. Plus great way to test out pvp game balance because well the proof is in the pudding. Things may look great on paper but actual testing will show weaknesses and strengths in classes and class builds.

I suspect that in many MMOs they did spend enough time testing things out cause I would look at the expansion changes and well pretty much knew which abilities were to op and sure enough they would get nerfed. But maybe the have the MMO Mad Developer disease.

Plus if a large number of people are online then people will know and might be more inclined to play it. So lets say 250 thousand people are playing online that might convince someone to say. Well a lot of people are playing this game let me see what it is all about kind of like the snowball effect.

Think everyone ought just calm down and take a look at all the positives in the games. So Steven changed his mind about something that really does not impact the game. Not like you guys never changed your mind when in the middle of a project. As a matter a fact that is the way projects go.

I bet lots of game makes changed their minds about previously made decisions but did not get critized for it because they did not tell the community base.

Really think you guys are acting like a kid that is mad at there parents cause they said they were going to do this but did not. Life is just that way.

Game impact =positive in my opinion

Player reaction = negative.

Plus Steven has changed his mind about the slider bar no one was mad about that.

All you guys are doing is feeding the content creators that make trollish vidoes about this game therefore killing your own game.

Plus Steven has the monopoly on MMO IQ . Most likely Only person In the world that is currently making mmo that Has MMO IQ. Sure maybe you guys have some to but since you are not making an MMO it is irrelevant you should just support this game and not be so critical of it. The only way to make the perfect MMO is for you to personally Make one for you so.......
  • Download is now available in preparation for the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Play Test on August 20, 2019 at 11AM PDT!

We've got a handy dandy player guide and we added the Known Issues & Patch Notes to the FAQ! https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-08-14-steam-announce-and-play-test-faq-for-ashes-of-creation-apocalypse
    APOC-Keyboard-Shortcuts.jpg
    marketing.gif