Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

My Gpu is on Fire ?

Im Just in the Main Menu or in the Log in Menu of the game And its already Burning My GPU. Thats Not normal i got nothing up except APOC on steam. Closed it because i was Afraid it will burn my whole house down, now its stable.

Comments

• is it a potato computer?
    signature.png
  • It may be :#
  • Magic Man wrote: »
    is it a potato computer?

No its 1080 Ti and i played a lot of alpha like this but in main menu ?? im just logging in hahahaha
  • AuronAuron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My GPU usage is also 100% right now while patching.
    Auronsyg.png
  • ArgentDawnArgentDawn Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Cap your frame rate and it's load should even out.
  • FlareFlare Member, Founder
    edited August 2019
    thankfully i found this post before my gpu exploded

but i wonder why it even needs so much gpu for a menu?
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2019
    Yes, a lot is happening on the main menu, therefore the GPU is doing its work. Your GPU should not explode, its fans may rotate a bit but nothing major.

I'm getting 90-97% GPU usage in the main menu with the flappy bird, and that's with a 1070.
    unknown.png
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • Yeah, this can't be normal. Never seen GPU load like this in a game. I've capped framerate at 30, set everything else to "Low"... same issue. Can play ESO with medium settings and the fans never even whistle.
  • The gtx 10 series is 3 y old. 1080 ti and 1070 are not what they used to be. How many alphas had unreal engine 4?
    I can't believe ppl don't have basic knowledge on PC's and how they should work. You all are a scammers dream.
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Like I said, it's not bad to have a GPU doing its work.
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!