Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The screen partly froze during my first game

WeoloWeolo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Description
I joined my first game, landed, looted a shield, saw a player and chased them into a building. I jumped through a window, killed the player by swinging my sword and then activated my shield ability just as they died. I started quickly looting the items which dropped on the ground. Spinning the camera etc. Halfway through doing this my character stopped moving. I could not move, I could not use any keys, I could not click any menus, I could not do anything, the screen seemed frozen. Oddly enough the fireplace in the background was the only thing still animating.

Bug Reproduction Steps
Start a game, quickly loot items? Unsure at this point as it happened in my first game.

Expected Result
The game not to freeze or get stuck in any way.
That I can loot without the game freezing.

Bug Report - Actual Result
There was no error message, there was no more information to gather.
Everything was running fine and smooth up to this point.
I had to force close the whole game.

Comments

• Options
    Similar issue, but not on my first game.
    1) I had just changed all video settings from High to Epic and turned on Vsync
    2) Joined game. After the Gryphon dropped me off I started running for the edge of the circle on the map. Just as I was reaching the edge of the circle the game froze. I could still hear the ambient sounds of the game, and one time I heard someone running nearby before I was dropped to the Lobby.
  • Options
    bluesmokebluesmoke Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Game froze for me as well.
    I had just killed a player and was looting inside a house when everything froze.
    I needed to Crt+Alt+Del to recover.
  • Options
    AxarAxar Member, Intrepid Pack
    Game froze in random parts without apparent reason. When I had in-game fps visible it went up to around 200 fps, ambient sounds still playing.
    bFrdjWU.png