Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What you fear the most that can happen to ashes?

This is what I fear the most XD

Xjdluo2.jpg

I feel like at the end character design and combat will be huge let down for me, as I dislike how it is in apoc >...<

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We have to see about the character design.
    I quiet like the the combat tbh, they just have to show us some more real magic, and scale the stamina costs etc.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    MY.COM
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    F2P, or being able to earn coin in the game to pay for time.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I know combat is important and all, but my "biggest fear" is that they focus so much on combat that other vital game aspects like the crafting/gathering/processing professions become an afterthought.
    Don't get me wrong though, nothing so far has lead me to believe that this will be the case in Ashes. I am just pointing it out as this seems to be the case in many other MMO's.
    giphy.gif
  • Taking the EQN/Landmark path --- MMO scrapped to be replaced with the BR.. and it failing and closed down in several months.. Would be very sad.. No signs of this quite yet.. But that would be the biggest fear.
  • edited August 2019
    Their marketing keeps derping and the communication to people that haven't been following AoC keeps being difficult to actually follow or keeps being uninspired to the point that it drives more players away then it catches the attention of.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    1) No cooldowns on abilities.

2) Glitched looking combat animations if animation cancelling allows abilities to register input/output effects.
    Imo only block dodge and counterATK should cancel animations in order to react to an opponents move. But if a player choses to dodge while in the middle of performing an ability, that ability should not register.

3) Instanced PvE dungeons becoming the prime source of gearing

4) Instanced PvP battlegrounds becoming the prime source of PvP gear

5) Non open world PvP

6) Ridiculous cosmetics and mounts

7) Character bound items (gold farming control can only be achieved with active GMs, not bound items)

8) Combat becoming less than 60% of the gaming experience, meaning that a player in order to progress in normal pace will have to spend A LOT of time micro managing army of NPC servants, refining endless material, having to organize sales for endless little products that each one offers very little reward. Being forced to build let's say a ship solo, instead of a group effort.

9) Solo content being more than around 5% of the experience.

10) Bad server performance that would lead to high ping and rubberbanding
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Gets scraped and they focus only on BR
  • KaienKaien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    MY.COM

Word.
    Makinoji wrote: »
    Gets scraped and they focus only on BR

well......
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    It runs out of money.
    fNX2ISa.png

• It's a bit dark but uh... they go boom.
    Forgive and you will free yourself. Peace be with you all.
  • 1: the community being toxic
    2: economy being controlled by bad people
    3: game becoming p2w
    4: support and company not listening to the people (which as long as we have @LieutenantToast im not worried about that, she is always with us) <3
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    caedwyn wrote: »
    1: the community being toxic
    2: economy being controlled by bad people
    3: game becoming p2w
    4: support and company not listening to the people (which as long as we have @LieutenantToast im not worried about that, she is always with us) <3

1. That will undoubtedly happen
    2. That will probably happen at some point
    3. if that happens the game will die
    4. That will probably happen when push comes to shove
    volunteer_moderator.gif
    The comunity is as toxic as the Pripyat River but its still a great one ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• That all these hardcore elements just kills the game plus that they seem to put to much trust, into the players doing what they want them to do. I think we are quite dependent on other players for selling stuff and getting new gear, with crafting caravans etc. Past games has just shown, that players often don't do, what the dev's want them to do
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As above runs out of money before the game is complete if development drags on too long, which is a double edged sword tbh. Release too early incomplete game crashes and burns, run out of money nothing gets released.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • What I fear the most is game publishing well and running for a year.
    When everyone has gotten comfortable in game they sell it to a greedy company that ruins it.
    "You're seeking for perfection, but your disillusions are leading to destruction.
    You're bleeding for salvation, but you can't see that you are the damnation itself." -Norther
  • New here, don't fully understand the corruption system. Most red/blue flagging systems have a flaw (at least I see it as one) that gankers normally take advantage of that I call the Gankers backdoor. The Gankers backdoor (If I attack you and you don't fight back, It's bad for me. If you fight back, you're fair game) allows gankers to bypass the system and go after the loot pinatas for free money and equipment. Since such systems normally don't turn the attacker red if the victim fights back, gankers don't fear getting flagged. Most of the time the victim will fight back meaning free loot and no flag. I would prefer it if that backdoor wasn't so open. Now the corruption system appears to be trying to patch this backdoor but a ganker can still avoid the flag. A level 50 attacking a level 10 character should get nothing from that battle, except turning red. Nothing should EVER encourage ganking. This backdoor normally does.

It's this backdoor in red/blue systems that always makes me uncomfortable. If the devs can make it so the backdoor is mostly useless to them, I see no problems with the system. I just fear that the gankers will just abuse the flaw and get away with murder, weakening or maybe even ruining the game.

I get it, PvPer want to PvP, but ganking is not PvP and shouldn't be encouraged.
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As far as looting, there will only be gathered (maybe processed) supplies from PvP.
    If you are flagged red, when defeated you have an increasing chance (based on amount of corruption) to drop gear.
    This doesn't address the 'backdoor' or provide much insight, and I am not hear to talk about the merits of such system. However, it was stated you didn't fully understand the system and you mentioned loot, so I wanted to clarify that point.

Welcome to the community @BedDave!
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • TarlachTarlach Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Game being to cluttered with pets/mounts/battle pets, glow from all the special weapons/armors, and flashy combat animations. I always get excited to see all the new things that come out don't get me wrong but i do worry that its going to be a little much in any large group of people.

Its also a concern that there will not be many in game armors and weapons that are not in cash shop. Its a subscription so i doubt it but the amount of concept art for payable things compared to non-payable is staggering.
  • NoeSparksNoeSparks Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Shoklen wrote: »
    Taking the EQN/Landmark path --- MMO scrapped to be replaced with the BR.. and it failing and closed down in several months.. Would be very sad.. No signs of this quite yet.. But that would be the biggest fear.

This is also my fear. Being someone who lost their 100$ invested in eqn. The longer the br goes on the bigger this fear gets.

• Tarlach wrote: »
    Game being to cluttered with pets/mounts/battle pets, glow from all the special weapons/armors, and flashy combat animations. I always get excited to see all the new things that come out don't get me wrong but i do worry that its going to be a little much in any large group of people.

Its also a concern that there will not be many in game armors and weapons that are not in cash shop. Its a subscription so i doubt it but the amount of concept art for payable things compared to non-payable is staggering.

You know, I was worried about this too, but from watching the Dev diaries and knowing they are using a polished engine and not to mention all of the Apoc load testing. I have suddenly become confident in what I am witnessing. Just watching the Dev diary for some of the 3d modeling I know the weapon models will be very detailed and polished to a T...literally when I swing my sword at you, there isn't going to be any confusion of the edge of my axe and your chainmail protection. The big hindrance will be your computer components.
  • To much action combat
    Affiliate Code:
    0dbea148-8cb8-4711-ba90-eb0864e93b5f
  • Micromegas wrote: »
    This is what I fear the most XD

Xjdluo2.jpg

I feel like at the end character design and combat will be huge let down for me, as I dislike how it is in apoc >...<

Hm interesting 🤨 We share the same concern but I'm on the exact opposite side. I really like the action combat in Apocalypse and can't wait to test it with class kits in castle siege mode. Also, could you elaborate more on what exactly you don't like about the combat in apocalypse? @Micromegas
    signature.png
  • BehagueBehague Member
    edited September 2019
    Biggest fear, fellow Aussie and Kiwi gamers using too much local slang. And have you heard our accents? Breaks immersion so bad.
    But seriously, if there was a server merge, and OCE had to merge or play on EU or NA, I think I'd be pretty sad to maybe lose my favourite freehold plot or see a city I helped defend just vanish.
  • XenantayaXenantaya Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My biggest fear is game finally releases, large numbers of players are active for the first few months, then the population rapidly collapses and the game basically goes into maintenance mode. That is, that AOC follows the same path as Wildstar and (to some extent) Rift.
  • ArgentDawnArgentDawn Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The comunity is as toxic as the Pripyat River but its still a great one ^^

At least with everyone drinking from the river you'll have plenty of.... Um... Followers? Minions? Thralls?

Serious note a lot of my fears were addressed,

1) becoming f2p
    2) becoming p2w
    3) not having enough challenge
    4) lackluster world pvp
    5) skilled gameplay falling behind gear level (to a certain degree)
    6) lack of meaningful content. (don't get me wrong it looks like there's a lot to do that's planned I just hope all the activities can maintain their own identity instead of being a daily chores list)
  • Kaien wrote: »
    MY.COM

Word.

Guess I am not only one.
    1. My.com
    2. Combat System
    3. PvP trend where one class is utlimate class doing 30 percent more dmg
    4. Hoping for some raiderz combat System for pve if not it's ok with w/e
    5. Hoping game last more then 2 month
    6. Playing certain class that is not wanted
  • I think my worst fear for AoC would be PvPer not learning from past bad habits and repeating them in this game. The main one I am thinking of is the behavior of players that brought Tramel to Ultima Online. PvPer (actually Gankers) would kill anyone that left town to the point that people were leaving the game in droves. The devs responded to their loss of revenue by creating that server. Just think, if the PvPer of that time were more civil, what the world of MMOs might look like today.

AoC appears to be heading down a path where the game will have a similar structure. I don't want to see the Gankers and other bad apples take over the server and run off the players. I hope PvPer have learned from that time and are more civil, and not just a bloodthirsty mob.