Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 11AM PDT

edited August 2019 in Announcements
questions_submission_looping.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Thursday, August 29 at 11AM PDT! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

As we've been doing for our past several streams, we'd love to gather some questions from everyone to answer live! Please submit your question in the thread below, and we'll do our best to get to as many of them as we can on our live stream next Thursday. In order to accommodate questions from more members of our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! Submissions end Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 11AM PDT so we can compile your questions before the stream.

We'll see you next Thursday for our development update live stream! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Edit:

ICYMI Our latest Live Stream is now available on our YouTube channel!

https://youtu.be/ev42u5V7ssc
community_management.gif

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    attempt number 28

Do we have any news on the remaining classes?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • RubyRuby Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When doubling down on an archetype, will you have numerical advantage (dealing more damage, healing more etc.) or are 'hybrid' specs such as mage/rogue offering the same potential in numbers?
    oQjiaXE.png
  • Do you currently have some kind of plan for adjusting/reducing the forward movement on the lunge attack?

As it stands, it feels like it makes melee combat unnecessarily 'floaty'.
  • xLCxLC Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    The open beta was great, I wish there was time to test out squads during the phase. Are there any plans to have similar tests with only squads and/or guilds in the near future? Will you be reusing steam if you do decide to?
  • CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    Can you talk about some of the recent design plans for crafting? Tell us the current plans for crafting that we don’t know?

Edit
    Just tell everyone its all subject to change
    Kalez.png
  • xSynimaticxSynimatic Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Will people who are married be able to both own and live in the same house, without having to "pretend" they do? Also, would the married couple be able to both own and run a business together, such as a tavern?
  • ziltchziltch Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Will there be "positions" within Religions?
    Like "Mayor" for Node? (Ex: Apostle, Pope)
    And if so, in what ways can players influence their religion and the religion's goal?
    The simplest yet hardest stat to train is Willpower.
  • WillWill Member
    edited August 2019
    Disregarding backend issues that still need to be fixed, systems that need to be completed and implemented, and mobs and such that have or haven't been added, to what percentage has the world of Verra been completed (terrain 0-100%, non player built structures(ex. Ruins of old Verra) 0-100%, etc.)
  • Did enough people participate in the recent Stress Test to truly HAMMER the servers? You can not tell your limits until something breaks and besides a wonky start, I do not believe you ever broke the servers. Can we see what 500 people on the map looks like just for science?
  • AshburnAshburn Member
    edited August 2019
    How many servers will go live once the game launches?
  • NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    How do you feel the testing on the 20th August went? Did it go as expected and did you get useful data from it for the continuation of the AOC mmorpg development?
    giphy.gif
  • mytheriosmytherios Member
    edited August 2019
    (Sorry can't delete the question) :'(
  • AshburnAshburn Member
    edited August 2019
    Please delete this comment @LieutenantToast
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited August 2019
    (sorry can't delete this one :/ ) - would appreciate it if you deleted this one @LieutenantToast <3
    signature.png
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    How do you feel about content so hard that only a small per centage of the people playing will ever get to complete it, and is content this hard something you would like to see in Ashes?
  • will i be able to minimize my selected tab target abilities in the MMORPG? (personally not a fan of traditional tab target) i.e if chosen, could the MMO combat feel more like apoc we've been testing or will it be dominantly tab target with some action elements? (depending on my choice)
  • How much of action combat will require manual aiming in the MMORPG? - similar to what we've experienced in apocalypse or something else entirely?
    signature.png
  • Will there be better animation in the fighting?
  • RileyRiley Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2021
    ----
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Besides invisibility, will there be other mechanics for stealth? Like name plates and highlights not showing, so players can blend into the surroundings.

Second question: will there be advantages to wielding a one-hander or hand-and-a-half weapon by itself instead of being a downgrade from sword&board/dual wield?
  • greekgreek Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    Will your game have any mouse-over spell functionality. I.E. if my mouse is hovered over a nameplate and I hit a spell it cast it at that target or if I have it over a party members frame and cast a heal it cast that heal on that party. Without the need to actually click and target?
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    Ofcource I do not expect these all to be answered but just putting it out here:

Will Ashes have normal scheduled maintenances ? Is it true that zero downtime patching is not possible due to the open world seamless transition nature of the game?

Will it be possible to stow your weapon ?
    And if so, does that mean you can have a bow and spear on your back at the same time ?
    Will there be a hotkey for it and will it cancel certain skill channeling animations ? (pre-cast) >>>

>>>>> It has been sayd before that animation canceling will not be a thing in combat but what about canceling channeling ? Like if you cast a high value skill and know it is not going to hit, will you be able to cancel the channel before the actual cast starts ? And what effect would this have on the cooldown ? In a other game I played you could cancel skills if you were quick enough and it would go on about 1/5th cooldown so you could not spam it. That can really give a edge in PvP and increse skill ceiling.

Will there be evade-frames (iframes) on dodge ?

Will there be a option for 'about face' (180°) instant camera spin hotkey ?

Will there be a 'auto walk' option that moves you foreward? Holding W for a long time while travelling can be so tedious !

Will the game support a 21:9 aspect ratio ?

I played a game before that had a few statues changing as reward of a event. You could put on armour or cosmetics and it would freeze your pose in stone. Next to the Kickstarter Royalty personal statues, Will Ashes have something similar?

You have told us before that gathering resources exist more as cluster. Like a vain of ore instead of a little rock.
    Could you give us another example of this; like how is that facilitated with woodcutting or fishing?
    And what are you aiming for as rough estimate of time, a resource takes to deplete by 10 people gathering it ? 10 seconds, 10 minutes, 1 hour or 10 hours ?

Will the estimated TTK (time to kill) be longer in Castle Siege as it was in BR ?
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • SoulsOnFireSoulsOnFire Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    Nagash wrote: »
    attempt number 28

Do we have any new on the remaining classes?

Can you tell us anything about the remaining classes? More concept art, more specific information about skills,.. but most of all: At what point will we see them? After apoc or most likely during apoc testing phases?
    Tq3LCNj.png
  • MrLupenTailsMrLupenTails Member
    edited August 2019
    Regarding races. Is there anything new that you can reveal to us, concept art, etc. For the Tulnar, are we going to be able to play more sort of full on beastmen, like a canine with a full on snout and anthropomorphic features similar to sort of how the Cait Sith are in Camelot Unchained? Or are the Tulnar going to be mostly human looking with small humanoid features similar to how a lot of mmos implement races? Really hoping I can play a full on beastly wolf man or fox man :D
  • 1: will you consider passive random encounters that i made a thread about?
    link
    2: for achievement's sake will we be able to find hidden locations or viewpoints on each region of the map to unlock that region's details? (something similar to guildwars2 climbing things) or if not for unlocking the map, only for the sake of achievements. so only those interested in exploration would care to do so.
    3: will mages be able to switch between elements on the run (like gw2 for example) or is there a tree that you have to choose and follow?
    4: will there be more types of magic such as nature or shadow or telekinesis (like controlling chakram weapons for mages in kingdoms of Amalur
    5: will characters have a character alignment that shifts based on the actions and choices they make in their lives in verra?
    an example is the game pathfinder: kingmaker's chart
    opik.png

6: can we have similar death options like guildwars 2 ?
    7: can we contribute and be rewarded simply by doing an activity at the same place as the other people?
    like if there is a raid killing a monster and its full and you need that monster for your quest, can you just start hitting it and accomplish your task when it dies ? or do you *have* to be in the raid. (again the influence is from gw2)
    8: On the website, it says one of the ways of clearing corruption is "by dying or multiple deaths"
    so what if someone is being really annoying and has lots of corruption
    but to avoid dropping gear, they go and have their friends kill them
    so even if they drop gear the friend would give it back
    that's only one of the many ways

9: steven confirmed only the person who lands the killing blow gets corruption for it.
    what about the trolls and nuisances that run around and pull mobs or attack someone who is grinding and lower their hp and leave them to die by the mobs?

in this regard i think there should be a level of influence on kill, meaning for example :
    the person who landed the most damage regarding the hp points + there has to be a timer.
    meaning if you hit someone and damage them very heavily and they die in the next (lets for example say) 10 seconds then you get the blame (corruption)

that's all thank you for your time <3
  • Nagash wrote: »
    attempt number 28

Do we have any new on the remaining classes?

we know all classes
  • 1. How will you handle armor for the special skins, like the frost, fire, demon and angel? I can emagine the armor look they will get, will be the one their base race will have, and they just get covered up, like a normal race would. But I think, covering up the special skin, just feel like a waste of the look of the skin

2. Now that dungeons (or some of them) will be open world dungeons. Will there be plans to prevent a group of rogues just to sneak in and attack people fighting a boss and just troll in that way? Besides for the corruption mecanics. As it is now, the game does seem to cater to trolls/a-holes with with some of the mecanics in place

3. If i follow a corrupted God, will i be able to get the corrupted look, or something similar, that you are showing on the corrupted troll? For gear or your racial skin?
  • MalfunMalfun Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Are any of the cash shop limited time pets and skins going to become available later in different colors or flavors?

2. It’s been discovered that some of the “progress” we’ve seen is actually old footage that was made years ago. What does that mean on the current progress? Is there a whole lot more that we haven’t seen yet, or have all resources been diverted to something else like the network code?

Excited for AOC and can’t wait to play some more APOC, thanks
  • In the MMO, will combat and running animations become more polished over time as development continues? The running animations with weapons drawn in particular look very stiff at the moment.