Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Blinking into walls

Ran into an issue where I used blink to attempt to get under a stone bridge, but instead my character ended up inside the bridge itself. It can be fixed by blinking out again.

Recreate exact moment by heading to a small stone bridge over a creek with gaps to walk under. Stand a blinks worth of distance away from bridge and use the ability while running towards it.

My expectation was to either be under the bridge in the gap or to stop short of the bridge as if I hit a wall.

Result was getting stuck in the bridge itself. Possible worry of other players abusing this as a hack into walls.

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They also changed how windows work. You can no longer normally jump through them. Watched DPhantom's stream where he caught another of our regulars trying to get away from him by jumping through a window and he wrecked them from behind. You have to lunge to pass through windows now.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • SageVonAwesomeSageVonAwesome Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They also changed how windows work. You can no longer normally jump through them. Watched DPhantom's stream where he caught another of our regulars trying to get away from him by jumping through a window and he wrecked them from behind. You have to lunge to pass through windows now.

I have jumped through windows without lunging during this test but it's very finicky.
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have found it both the previous test and the Aug. 20th test that it depends on the type of window. Narrow windows or windows that an object in front of them (even small ones) keep you from being able to go thru them. I jumped thru many windows on this last test.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf