Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What do you think of the (actual) new logo?

LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
It turns out that the logo posted by the news outlet was not official. Here is the actual new official logo

ashes-of-creation-new-logo.png
fe85sq6n7wyu.png

Comments

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    The logo itself looks nicer to me but I'm sure it's just preference. The background is a bit jumbled and messy for me (Even though I know it's a burning city lol )
    Poko.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    to be honest, I do like it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • grisugrisu Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm a bit undecided. My main issue is the disconnection between phoenix and roots. I absolutely loved the burning tree - rising phoenix thing.
    So either have some representations of flames come from further below, have the roots creep up more or have them meet in the middle.
    Some treestump would also be something I would add. Just the roots look rather isolated and disconnected. I can kinda get it too see them as the tail of the phoenix but with the different styles it just doesn't click for me.

Edit for the picture swap: Yeah okay there we go that looks more like it. I like this much more.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm indifferent. I like both the old one and the new one equally.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • I'm okay with it.. The old one was awesome graphically.. But the new one translates cleaner for media and print.. I'm not sure the exploding building in the background is needed.
    Shoklen wrote: »
    I'm okay with it.. The old one was awesome graphically.. But the new one translates cleaner for media and print.. I'm not sure the exploding building in the background is needed.

exploding buildings are always needed
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • KaienKaien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like it!

Its fire and chaos and i like fire and chaos :D
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So it turns out that the news outlet that published it got that logo from an unofficial source.
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • I love the burning tree, there are so many ways to interpret it.
    "You're seeking for perfection, but your disillusions are leading to destruction.
    You're bleeding for salvation, but you can't see that you are the damnation itself." -Norther
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like it, its much cleaner than the previous logo, more identifiable.
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    This new logo you posted reminds me of the marvel comics phoenix logo
  • Needs more lens flares and explosions...
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Needs more lens flares and explosions...

They need to contact Michael Bay for some tips and tricks ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like it tbh its nice
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • Damokles wrote: »
    Needs more lens flares and explosions...

They need to contact Michael Bay for some tips and tricks ;)

Exactly :)

(Glad someone got my reference. heh)
    I miss the destruction
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• NarysNarys Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I liked the present and the past logos, they all look great. I do feel Intrepid should pick one and stick with it in order to build up a brand image though.
    wtmb2cxjbyas.gif
    Narys wrote: »
    I liked the present and the past logos, they all look great. I do feel Intrepid should pick one and stick with it in order to build up a brand image though.

I've been hearing that a lot recently
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    Makinoji wrote: »
    This new logo you posted reminds me of the marvel comics phoenix logo
    It’s much closer to the Pontiac Firebird logo.

Jean Grey:
    606493.jpg

Pontiac:
    mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u5.jpg

Hhak63P.png
  • BotBot Member
    The other one looked like a generic ad for a random browser game in my opinion. This one isn't anything special, but it's good looking.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    It vexes me a little bit
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • VirtekVirtek Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Lex I really like the new logo for things that need a simple and high-contrast logo stamped on it.
    For something more artistic (such as demo videos and in-game splash screens) I much prefer something like the more detailed old logo
    Atama wrote: »
    It’s much closer to the Pontiac Firebird logo.

Good eye on that. I would give them bonus points if that had any slight touch of purposeful design because I've always been a Pontiac fanboy.
    :D
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2019
    I honestly like the media logo more. It looks more epic and pointy and it looks more exciting.
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • I think their chosen colors are too washed out and it blends in a lot with light backgrounds.

The design itself is rather pleasant, I like the more geometric shapes.
  • BelewynBelewyn Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I kind of prefer the prior one but that is not to take away from the new. I think I liked the way the roots where more wisps and less blocky in the original.
    9ZFgGjR.png