Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Bonus Objective(s) / Hardcore Quests

mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
The idea I have is to add an element of difficulty to mundain quests, or even an impossibility to already difficult ones. These additional quest requirements are completely optional. The player would receive additional rewards on top of the completion rewards. So as to not make this an every quest occurrence players would only be able to complete a fixed amount of "Hardcore" quests per day. I suggest further relying on the development level of the city. If the player owns property in a city/town they can complete the number of "Hardcore" quests as the level of the city.

Hardcore quest breakdown:
  • Player must reach level 10 before allowed to undertake hardcore quests
  • Player failing the hardcore criteria of the quest does not resolve in a quest failure, but simply unable to collect the additional rewards
  • Player can attempt any number of hardcore quests, but upon completion their daily limit is taken into account

Types of Harcore quests:
  1. Time attack: Player must finish accepted quest in X amount of time.
  2. Invincible: Player cannot die while quest is active. This includes PVP or accidental (suicide).
  3. Overachiever: Kill/Collect 20% more than requested.
  4. Road less traveled: Player can't teleport or ride a mount while quest is active.

Aside from the extra exp, gold, or items from finishing these quests there could be achievements too:
  • "Hardcore Hero" : After player finishes 100 Hardcore quests they this title and are allowed to take 1 additional quest a day
  • "Beast Mode" : After player finishes 100 Invincible type quests they are awarded this title and gain the ability "Cheat Death". Upon death they can rez themselves once per day (many exceptions that need to be looked at)
  • "Jack rabbit" : After player finishes 100 Time attack type quests they are awarded this title and gain the ability "Light Feet". A buff that is allowed once an hour, for 5 minutes their speed is increased X amount.
E6qgOoi.png

Comments

• AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am not opposed to any of this!
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2019
    Monster Hunter Challenge mode:
    -player cant repair his armour
    -player can not trade with players and mobs dont drop equipment/npcs dont sell armour to the player
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    Damokles wrote: »
    -player can not trade with players and mobs dont drop equipment/npcs dont sell armour to the player

i see a fellow MMO sadist >.D

-Player can't use any items from their inventory, all armor and weapons are locked and can't be switch/unequipped.
    E6qgOoi.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    mrwaffles wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »

i see a fellow MMO sadist >.D

-Player can't use any items from their inventory, all armor and weapons are locked and can't be switch/unequipped.

*except if inside of a settlement
    a6XEiIf.gif