Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Constellations of Verra

caedwyncaedwyn Member
edited September 2019 in Community Creations
because the map is mostly locked and we have a compass on top of the screen, i thought to have the night sky filled with constellations could add much more depth and possible achievements and elements to the game.
made 27 constellations with non-Latin names.
IF i can do it, my next project will be a solar system for verra
  • navigating the seas
  • choosing the sign of birth at character creation screen
  • adding more dynamic life to the night sky
  • possible lore and side quests
  • re did the entire constellations again, added otter and sage

Please note, I'm not an artist, im not a graphic designer or anything. just effort and love.

also if you find this post interesting please take a look at my other post :
https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/42360/random-encounters-passive-beings/p1

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As a person who loves lore in games I have to hand it to you caedwyn this is fantastic and I hope intrepid do something like this.

P.S I love the skull ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »
    As a person who loves lore in games I have to hand it to you caedwyn this is fantastic and I hope intrepid do something like this.

P.S I love the skull ^^

tnx bud
    i had you in mind actually when i made that one
    skull and chaos/vortex one XD
  • malgusmalgus Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Always love your posts since they are always top quality glad to have someone like you in the community <3
    Malgus_Carnyx.png?ex=6589b5fa&is=657740fa&hm=6165ef5455c2f25cb0ac93e39a9f24f652e13d9c02da2b5810117d6852c591f2&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1919&height=150
  • malgus wrote: »
    Always love your posts since they are always top quality glad to have someone like you in the community <3

aww you make me feel loved and honored
    thank you, buddy, for always being great <3
  • TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wonderful work, i really like this. <3
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I love you
    fNX2ISa.png

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    great idea ! as someone who is into amateur astronomy i do find realism important though. like they should not overlap, and we know Verra has a sun from APOC so they should change/shift based on the seasonal rotation of the earth around the sun and also around itselve. Verra also got a moon since there are waves (and wasnt there a moon in APOC too?) which should be visable.
    this post brings up so much questions because we alrdy know Vek's are into stargazing and observatories. no doubt it will be part of the lore...but how detailed would this system be? is Verra on a round earth like planet or is it more a fantasy floating platform? is this planet even in a solar system and if so; how many stars and moons are part of this solar system ? there are so many ways they could go with this.
    in gameplay-wise it would be cool having to search for clues or any other benefit from looking up in the sky. cant wait till we get more info on actual physics.
    suprising you didnt sneak a sandal in there btw :D
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • Wololo wrote: »
    great idea ! as someone who is into amateur astronomy i do find realism important though. like they should not overlap, and we know Verra has a sun from APOC so they should change/shift based on the seasonal rotation of the earth around the sun and also around itselve. Verra also got a moon since there are waves (and wasnt there a moon in APOC too?) which should be visable.
    this post brings up so much questions because we alrdy know Vek's are into stargazing and observatories. no doubt it will be part of the lore...but how detailed would this system be? is Verra on a round earth like planet or is it more a fantasy floating platform? is this planet even in a solar system and if so; how many stars and moons are part of this solar system ? there are so many ways they could go with this.
    in gameplay-wise it would be cool having to search for clues or any other benefit from looking up in the sky. cant wait till we get more info on actual physics.
    suprising you didnt sneak a sandal in there btw :D
    we think alike ;)

since im going to be making the solar system concept (fan made not official ofc unless they feed me info :'(:p )
    verra has multiple moons, we dont know how many
    and i would go as far as to say verra is tidally locked with its moons
    yes verra is a round planet but traveling globally is not confirmed or denied yet.
    yes it is in a solar system with few other planets it seems.
    one star. not clear on number but multiple moons are there in view.

and yea i was actually about to add a sandal constellation but since they are working on aoc to be something realistic i thought its none of my business and they should add easter eggs on their accord when they feel like its ok...

ill start working on project solar system in few days XD feel free to chat about it on discord with me o/

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @caedwyn intresting :o didnt knew about the multiple moons. will be looking foreward to see how this works out
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2019
    This is amazing work indeed!
    The Elven Tree is by far my favourite, of course^^ shoutout to our bot World Tree <3
    Qsb9psK.png
  • Fhin wrote: »
    This is amazing work indeed!
    The Elven Tree is by far my favourite, of course^^ shoutout to our bot World Tree <3

I like your worl tree bot a lot as well
    Its by far my most favourite bot on discord
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This looks amazing.. :o
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • syl wrote: »
    This looks amazing.. :o

thank you <3
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Your Elven tree on the right made me think of the dreaded Windmill monster. :D
    I'm hoping the Vek really can read stars and celestial signs in some way. Perhaps as you advance, your skill improves.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

As sure as death, As certain as the stars

v9o4JJY.png
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »

v9o4JJY.png

I like that picture and the reference
    caedwyn wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

v9o4JJY.png

I like that picture and the reference

its from the book soul wars
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• @sunfrog
    added a new constellation "otter" thought you would like it XD
  • Hiya @caedwyn - thank you for sharing your glorious constellations with us! We love to see when folks are inspired by Verra, and I especially have my eye on that Skull sign ;) (@Nagash will have to fight me for it)

You're a STAR! :D
    community_management.gif
    Hiya @caedwyn - thank you for sharing your glorious constellations with us! We love to see when folks are inspired by Verra, and I especially have my eye on that Skull sign ;) (@Nagash will have to fight me for it)

mkbk92p4j5s21.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited July 2020
    Hiya @caedwyn - thank you for sharing your glorious constellations with us! We love to see when folks are inspired by Verra, and I especially have my eye on that Skull sign ;) (@Nagash will have to fight me for it)

🤩🙏🏻🙏🏻 Thanks very much <3
  • any news about constellations? :D
  • Wow I'm just browsing Community Creations section and this has really caught my eyes! I also love constellations and reading the sky in an MMORPG setting and your vision for this is especially beautiful!
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Valento92 wrote: »
    Wow I'm just browsing Community Creations section and this has really caught my eyes! I also love constellations and reading the sky in an MMORPG setting and your vision for this is especially beautiful!

aww thank you so much :blush:
  • These are beautiful! I only just found out about AoC and thus don't know why all of those images are important, but I love the idea of stargazing, birth signs, or quests. Like, how cool would it be to only have access to a quest cluster while "under the eye of the Phoenix" or something? Or have your stats changed just the sliiiiiiightest bit by your birth sign? I mean, I'd even be content to find some NPCs who follow the skies and go into deeper world lore if you find them and ask about the constellations.