Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nodes: Gaps between buildings

I only wanted to ask, what do you think about the wide gaps between buildings in Nodes.
I personally think houses should be closer to one another in cities (or villages too), as it used to be (as far as I know) in the Middle Ages to save space. In my opinion it doesn't look like a city if the buildings have this wide gaps between each other.
Maybe they will anyway improve it later, but at the current footage I miss the feeling of a city.
What do you think about this?

(Sorry, if I used bad english. It's not my first language.)

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nodes look fine to me, so far.
    I don't really care about comparisons to real life cities.
    They just need to have pleasing aesthetics and be fun to move through as we explore.
    And they also need to accommodate massively multiplayer combat.
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It might depend on the level of the node. The city also looked empty, there will likely be more NPC's about.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    We don't even know if that was a city.

We don't know what stage ti is in.
    We don't know if the gaps would be filled in by Mayor Project buildings.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    If there are no gaps, there will be no where for Rogues and Dwarves to feel comfortable.
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    I agree with @ToadysLife I would like to see housing closer together. What we have seen so far looked like houses placed by a planning committee. Before someone pipes up yes I do appreciate what we have seen so far is not necessarily representative of what we will see in the future.

Below is a street called The Shambles in the city of York in England. A good example of what I think the OP was talking about and while not all of York is like this nor every town/city in England these type of streets definitely produce a type of atmosphere that is lost with the wide open planned streets of the modern world.

ZsSJkhT.jpg