Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Archive Of Ideas

caedwyncaedwyn Member
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
in this thread everyone is welcome and encouraged to share their ideas about anything they can imagine that might be cool to have, relating the world of verra.

and the community will give votes by liking the ideas
dont be shy
  1. Remember : one idea per comment. you can post many ideas but keep each idea separate from others so people can like it separately
  2. would be useful if you separate your idea with its description like :
    idea :
    description :

Comments

• During character creation, a scale to view races already created and active over the last fortnight. Might make people think twice about what race they run. If I'm creating a Vek but there are already a lot there, I might try the Ren'kai instead. Still going to have my main Empyrian no matter what..
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CREATE A LEGENDARY GEMSTONE THE SIZE OF AN ADULTS FIST, call it "Apple of my Eye"!
    Create an epic trinket called "Nagash's Phylactery" and make it give stats in Strength and Stamina, basically make it a tank trinket.
    Try to create trinkets out of dragon materials.
    Find a whale and try to befriend it.
    Ride a panda mount into battle.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited September 2019
    Implement runescribe or normal scribe officially as a work profession, would be relly cool.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited September 2019
    Try to recreate my current profile picture in Ashes.
    Probable make a blacksmithing friend.
    Make a Crafting guild.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited September 2019
    (COMMING BACK FOR MORE, PEOPLE!)
    Okay... hear me out.
    Implement the epic cult item: The Bag of Holding!
    Make it something really hard to produce:
    -enchanted cloth or leather for the bag itself that requires a grandmaster leatherworker or tailor to create and then produce the bag bag itself
    -enchantments that require a grandmaster enchanter
    -a space stone that is mined from a randomly spawning space elemental (elemental has a low chance to spawn in every dungeon but has a higher chance to spawn in dungeons with normally spawning elementals
    -bagsize could depend on the quality of the space stone used (small sized stone for a pouch of holding, while a majour space stone mined from a boss would beused for a backpack of holding)

Edit: The bag would be intended for max level raiders etc that have enough money or connections to actually get one)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It would be interesting if ashes had ages which change every expansion
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Interactive terrain such as
    1) Trees you can climb/hide in branches (rather than just hide behind the tree trunk which the way most work)

2) submerge in water
    3) dig holes in ground as traps or places to hide
    4) underbrush and thickets that actually impede movement (instead of eye candy that you can walk right through as they were not there)
    edited September 2019
    Nagash wrote: »
    It would be interesting if ashes had ages which change every expansion

For example:
    Age of Bloodshed
    Age of Knowledge
    Age of Diplomatic Backstabbing and Backroom manouvers?

It would be awesome if every Age would give a slight buff to players ;)
    Dayuhan wrote: »
    Interactive terrain such as
    1) Trees you can climb/hide in branches (rather than just hide behind the tree trunk which the way most work)

2) submerge in water
    3) dig holes in ground as traps or places to hide
    4) underbrush and thickets that actually impede movement (instead of eye candy that you can walk right through as they were not there)

I can get behind the tree idea. I loved it that you could climb trees in ArchAge, and I think that the brush idea would give the whole ranger class some more avenues of opportunity (they could have a skill that cuts the slow for example)
    Submerge in water should be a given (except if you mean the ability to hide in puddles etc)
    But digging holes would be pretty op, because it would be some kind of unbreakable hard cc, which IS tries to avoid.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited September 2019
    Idea: climbing big mobs and doing 1 special attack

Description: imagine... everyone is attacking a huge monster in a party but one of the people (random, could be anyone who has the timing and distance right) will climb the monster and based on their role do 1 time only a special attack that does relatively good damage but is never one-shot kill.

• NOT class restricted
    • the climbing special attack is only once per each encounter or each mob
    • it will be grouped as: mages. fighter. ranger. healer
    • and each group has one attack only ... all mages, for example, will do a lightning strike on mob's head.

caedwyn wrote: »

Description: imagine... everyone is attacking a huge monster in a party but one of the people (random, could be anyone who has the timing and distance right) will climb the monster and based on their role do 1 time only a special attack that does relatively good damage but is never one-shot kill.

• NOT class restricted
    • and each group has one attack only ... all mages, for example, will do a lightning strike on mob's head.

Do you mean something like the Monster Hunter system?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »
    caedwyn wrote: »

• NOT class restricted

Do you mean something like the Monster Hunter system?

not sure, i dont like that game because the only thing in it is to kill animals -_-
    edited September 2019
    I want to see if events like volcanos erupting would cause a world like frostpunk
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited September 2019
    =
    I want to see if events like volcanos erupting would cause a world like frostpunk

they said the world is alive and all, not sure to what extent they will take it tho
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited September 2019
    IDEA: i would love to have tiny pets

some examples :
    • snail
    • snake
    • owl
    • crow
    • flying lore-friendly creature idk something like a fairy
    • butterfly
    • hedgehog
    • bat
    • cat
    • lizard
    • frog
    • maybe some enchanted ROCK XD

i have a thread of inspirations for animals and pets :
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/42333/beasts-pets-ideas-inspiration
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited September 2019
    I'd like to see will o' the wisp and all sorts of such creatures in Ashes of Creation. It would also be great to have lantern as a weapon!

will-o-wisp-1.png

DP2XZPeVwAAozDW.jpg

9277d327aabb4b48b48d61966b74809a11857277_hq.gif
    signature.png
    I would love to achieve apotheosis in ashes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »

so do i
    i would be happy if i get recognition as a member of a pureblood elite elven hierarchy XD or grand house or something...

Would you need a phylactery and would i be allowed to craft it for you?
    I will put really usefull stats on it, like strength and stamina!
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »

you could be USED as a phylactery ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »

you could be USED as a phylactery ^^

most of the times those who try to gain eternal life by making deals with beings like you and me deserve to be outsmarted like this XD >:)
    you know your stuff B)
  • I would like to mention my own idea of "constellations of verra"
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/43097/constellations-of-verra/p1
    please read the thread for more information
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited September 2019
    A huge forest you can be lost in with a thick fog surrounding it. Your map doesn't work, there are no NPCs other than will o' the wisps and you only find one if you're lucky. The forest is full of evil\corrupted spirits and is not kind to intruders.

The_Forbidden_Forest.jpg

e6376d4ff8b1894b7832b9b58b9c3dc0.jpg
    signature.png
  • Some examples of lanterns as weapons:

7881452f5f1f5f7a6aae6b29df5ad097.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019-09-10_at_20.18.50.png

Screen_Shot_2019-09-10_at_20.19.36.png

04351c20cdd0411ad5d44f3b8d4332871ae9456f.png
    signature.png
  • Magic Man wrote: »
    A huge forest you can be lost in with a thick fog surrounding it. Your map doesn't work, there are no NPCs other than will o' the wisps and you only find one if you're lucky. The forest is full of evil\corrupted spirits and is not kind to intruders.

The_Forbidden_Forest.jpg

would be nice exchange for underground dungeons
    Magic Man wrote: »

The_Forbidden_Forest.jpg

So, something like the og duskwood of wow classic? They intended players to have equip torches or lamps if they wanted to see anything.
    Love the idea, and it would be a really cool idea to have a lantern as a casting instrument.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • i dont like a lantern as weapon or casting instrument for playing .. i mean sure a boss could use it or some mobs but idk it feels kinda wrong for players using it
    ofc i am against the whole "mages must have staff or wand"
    and im against the guns in fantasy games
    XD
  • Moving giant islands - preferably lion turtles (see the image). You never know when or where they will appear. If you're lucky, you'll find yourself on one of them and they may bestow on wisdom (perhaps some vital info\lore\ability etc)

BetterUncommonCopperbutterfly-mobile.jpg

31188ee1e4d63b84ddff9f2696218f83.jpg
    signature.png
  • Magic Man wrote: »

The_Forbidden_Forest.jpg

. . . And with trees that move to obscure your trail so simply back-tracking will not get you back to your starting point. Following a "clear" path is more likely to get you even more lost than if you charted your own course - and of course marking or attempting to hack your own path brings down the wrath of nature.
    Dayuhan wrote: »
    Magic Man wrote: »

The_Forbidden_Forest.jpg

. . . And with trees that move to obscure your trail so simply back-tracking will not get you back to your starting point. Following a "clear" path is more likely to get you even more lost than if you charted your own course - and of course marking or attempting to hack your own path brings down the wrath of nature.

Would make for an interesting high level competetive dungeon.
    Random paths with randomly appearing adds and bosses, low visibility, will o whisps that can charm someone for a short duration, traps everywhere.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    3 cameras views in record mode like the iPhone. Zoom, wide, ultra-wide. Good for making videos about the game. :)
    fNX2ISa.png