Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Question about the combat gameplay

Will it be a dynamic and funny gameplay like Black Desert Online or a boring gameplay like World of Warcraft ?

Comments

• For the MMO, there will be action/twitch skills/combat, and tab targeting skills/combat.

We can extrapolate from Apoc gameplay, but it would just be speculation at this point; Apoc only showcases action/twitch combat. Apoc may only ever be action/twitch based... The MMO will have both...
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited September 2019
    @LonelyPirate They made a whole testing ground to get combat right that later became a game (tho still used for testing purposes) called Ashes of Creation Apocalypse. What you see in apocalypse is 100% action based while MMORPG combat will be hybrid (both tab and action). For more info you can just check the link Wandering posted.
    signature.png
  • Thanks for your answer guys :)
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    BDO combat was dull, I found it neither dynamic nor funny to spam the same combo over and over.

Hhak63P.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Atama wrote: »
    BDO combat was dull, I found it neither dynamic nor funny to spam the same combo over and over.

Have you tried striker? He is really fun to play. (Would have to agree with every other class though)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack

Same. Too flash as well.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

Have you tried striker? He is really fun to play. (Would have to agree with every other class though)
    It was better, I went back to try the game again just for that class. I felt it was a step in the right direction but I still got tired of it after a while.

I also thought the Musa wasn’t as bad as some others but still didn’t really dig it.

I don’t fault people that like it. But it sure as hell isn’t some pinnacle of combat that should be aspired to.

Hhak63P.png