Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

My.com and Ashes of Creation Multiple Accounts

I was hoping to really play this game but have very bad experience with My.com.... my wife, son, and myself played revelation online. I was so hyped excited and put a lot of effort into it and got permanent banned..I am glad they banned me before i put some real money into it. Short story short..all those bots running around by hundreds but i got banned because our IP hosted 3 accounts... but none of the bots get banned. Not to mention how they made it p2w real quickly after a few months. I did see ashes of creation saying that we can have 3 accounts per household/IP address. I really hope this is true if my son plays with me. I don't want to waste my time to play something if i can get permanent banned when thousands of bots are running around like in revelation online.

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There are several options that can be taken and several explanations of how they plan things to work. You can decide to play on EU servers with My.com or on NA servers with Intrepid's launcher. In the case of multiple accounts, as long as each person has a separate account there should be no issue. The last information we have concerning multi-boxing was that it would be allowed as long as people are not automating actions and each account is paid for. If that policy makes it to release, it would be impossible for them to determine whether you, your wife, and son were all playing on separate computers or multi-boxing as one individual. My.com will not have any different policies than Intrepid from their earlier statements when the publishing deal was first announced. They have said that account policies will be clarified in actual written directives later down the line. Wait for those.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • I hope that's not the case, got a big family here...
  • My.com will not have any different policies than Intrepid from their earlier statements when the publishing deal was first announced. They have said that account policies will be clarified in actual written directives later down the line. Wait for those.

Policies and Procedure can always be changed by the company. Also, I did receive email from my.com "Revelation Online" to comeback and play after a few months...but i had lost all interest and game was dying anyways." I was more piss not because of the ban but the unfairness of how it was dealt and all the real hackers / bots running around freely.

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You asked a question, I gave you the best answer from the available information. Sure, the company can change anything they want. Hell, they could make the game p2w, region-lock, or make it an Epic game store exclusive going against many of their backers expressed wishes. But since it is a sub game, they have to at least make a half-hearted attempt to make their base happy. There is no box cost or future dlc cost. Sub only. Piss people off, and they fail. My.com's decision to agree to Intrepid's terms that we know of can be seen as an attempt to find a legitimate way to get out of the public relations hole My.com have built for themselves over years of bad actions. Will they change? No one knows, but most of the people here hope for a return back to what they feel was a better way of gaming. So again, wait and see.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • My.com's decision to agree to Intrepid's terms that we know of can be seen as an attempt to find a legitimate way to get out of the public relations hole My.com have built for themselves over years of bad actions. Will they change? No one knows, but most of the people here hope for a return back to what they feel was a better way of gaming. So again, wait and see.
    Yes, I also hope so been waiting long time for a good MMO worth playing for years. Revelation / My.com crushed my heart.