Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Reckless Delay Speculation!

YeOldeSmithYeOldeSmith Member, Founder, Kickstarter
How long do you

THINK

the game will be delayed for? 6 months? A year? More? Sound off 👍
Something need doing?
vBOHmDw.png

Comments

• VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Honestly I have given up trying to apply any kind of time frame to AOC now it will be ready when its ready and I will be here when it is.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    i would like to know roughly how much % of the studio's devs is working on what. right now from what it feels like the last year is 90% APOC tweaking and 10% ART. they could optimize this gamemode completely as stand alone product before they move on to the next bit. in which case i would say release is between 30 and 35 years. that would be a nice game for our grandchildren to play if they still use traditional computers by then.

now i hope this is wrong and we are only shown the tip of the iceberg at the moment; and that they have plans worked out or made significant progress on stuff like how all forms of artisan classes actually going to work(specificly gathering: how do you gather wood or berrys from a long lasting cluster?)/arena system/corruption system/some sort of idea on how they will make different iterations of the hybrid combat and choose one etc. IF they have plans worked out on those things and are working on them on the background then yeah, the 'delay of months and not years' could be true and i would hope for release before 2020 ends.

and what do you think @yeoldesmith ?
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm anticipating a 2022 release for Ashes.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • YeOldeSmithYeOldeSmith Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Yeah I have to agree 2022 seems very likely tbh.
    Something need doing?
    vBOHmDw.png

• My assuption is that the release will be 1,5-2 years after the MMO Alpha 1 started.
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    If we're lucky, they can go through pre-alpha testing with APOC, and get the combat systems nailed down in 6-9 months. Then Alpha 1 would happen about a year from now. And we could see the betas start in another 9-12 months after that. Which means we could have a decently playable version of the MMO (betas) by the end of 2021. But if we're not so lucky, then I'd expect the betas to start in the first half of 2022.

I have no idea how long it will take them to go into a full release after that. They might discover in beta that they need to completely remake some of the core systems for the long-term health of the game, and that could take another 1-2 year to do (followed by an extra Beta 3). Or we might find that everything is great, rush through both beta tests in 4 months, and have the full release by the summer of 2022. Who knows.

Edit: I think one of the biggest questions we need answered before we can get a good estimate, is how much work they are devoting to MMO-specific content (quests, monsters, character progression, crafting systems, economy stuff, etc.) My speculation is based on the assumption that they are already starting to build/fill a part of the MMO world. (In parallel with work on APOC.) If I'm wrong and they are still have all their artists and designers working on APOC, castle sieges, and combat... then it will probably be more than a year before we see Alpha 1. But maybe that would be for the best anyways, if that's what it takes to hit their ambitious goals for flexible, physics-based hybrid combat.
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg