Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Heads Into Early Access!

edited October 2019 in Announcements
screenshot00658_1_revised.jpg

Glorious adventurers - grab your gryphon as Ashes of Creation Apocalypse drops into Early Access on Tuesday, September 24!

Here’s how to play: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-09-18-ashes-of-creation-apocalypse-heads-into-early-access
community_management.gif

Comments

• GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Mmorpg when?
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    at least we will get the rest of the lore
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • strovstrov Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    This aint what i backed fam.
  • Looking forward to seeing the progress being made and bit of fun while we wait for the MMO. Thanks Intrepid.
    stroxs wrote: »
    This aint what i backed fam.

You didn't back any testing? That's a weird thing to say.
  • My body is ready
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    that moment when you want to write alot but... nvm lol i guess its best to be quiet for some more months
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • RaytekuRayteku Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    I am excited for this to finally be up for persistent testing and I look forward to earning some of the cosmetics for the MMO by testing this. I really can't wait for... the MMO obviously but I am really looking forward to the Castle Siege and Horde mode testing for APOC.
    It's just another step towards alpha 1and I can't wait
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Really good to see progress. Does this mean the back end issues are now resolved?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    We all want the MMO, this is just a step closer to it. Why don't people understand this is part of making the MMO? If it weren't for APOC we would have a MMO built on a bad back end. Realize this is essential transparency for the building process of the MMO.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

T Elf wrote: »
    We all want the MMO, this is just a step closer to it. Why don't people understand this is part of making the MMO? If it weren't for APOC we would have a MMO built on a bad back end. Realize this is essential transparency for the building process of the MMO.

I think its the medium of a battle royale that people dislike and not the idea of apoc
    nJ0vUSm.gif

T Elf wrote: »
    Why don't people understand this is part of making the MMO?
    It is because of how EPIC handled Fortnite and how they created a buy to play Coop shooter then added a free to play battle royale and gave more attention to the money making BR mode and less to the original Coop mode.You cant really blame EPIC for following the money and they have released the Coop game with updates, but it is ultimately overshadowed by the success of Fortnite Battle Royale.

For all of Interpid assurances they are basically following the same path. Monetising Apocalypse in early access does make it look like a money grab to the uninformed and trolls. I just wish they would release some news about Alpha One testing. Hence my question about the back end. If this is fixed now and Apacalypse is testing the combat why cant we concurrently test other MMORPG systems in the Alpha One. Then the naysayers will see that testing of the MMORPG is pressing ahead. Unfortunately until Alpha One people are going to continue to give Ashes negative press about Apocalypse.

For the record I truly hope they pull both off. A good fantasy based free to play BR and a top notch MMORPG!

• redstormredstorm Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    i think I'll pass. If I wanted a Battle Royale Game I'd have bought one.Testing tonight? M button doesn't work, Ditch all long range weps as you learn nothing about combat , no zoom in or out on the char, apparently we can walk through hedges? Really? I didn't pay for a BR prequel, I paid for an MMO, so come back when you have an MMO test. The BR is a pure money making piece of bull.. Fortnite & PUGB have beaten you to that, so ditch this money grabbing piss take of a test and concentrate on you're supposed to be making.
  • Not a fan of BR either..not enough time in pre-combat stage to get used to the interface, Land in the Arena and insta killed,, not a fan of that either, I was really looking forward to AOC, guess I have to wait a while longer for the mmo part to be open for testing.
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    redstorm wrote: »
    i think I'll pass. If I wanted a Battle Royale Game I'd have bought one.Testing tonight? M button doesn't work, Ditch all long range weps as you learn nothing about combat , no zoom in or out on the char, apparently we can walk through hedges? Really? I didn't pay for a BR prequel, I paid for an MMO, so come back when you have an MMO test. The BR is a pure money making piece of bull.. Fortnite & PUGB have beaten you to that, so ditch this money grabbing piss take of a test and concentrate on you're supposed to be making.

Soooo you'd prefer that you could walk through that hedge in the mmo? and have them figure out the whole hybrid system on the fly? The test has already tried to refine things, and go through different iterations. You're being given the chance to see the different phases, and make the game you want a better product on release. It's completely fine to feel disconnected from the current state of the project, but if that's the case, go play some other games, take a break, and wait for a phase closer to release. Piss posting the same tired whining argument will change nothing.
    Not a huge fan of BR myself but I am taking part and to a certain extent enjoying it. Taking opportunity to get the feel of some of the mechanics enjoy the environment they have created so far. Hopefully my contribution is assisting in the over all development and will hasten the release of the Alpha One testing.