Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, September 27, 2019 at 11AM PDT

Twitter-Livestream_Question_Submission-September.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Friday, September 27 at 11AM PDT! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

As we've been doing for our past several streams, we'd love to gather some questions from everyone to answer live! Please submit your question in the thread below, and we'll do our best to get to as many of them as we can on our live stream this Friday. In order to accommodate questions from more members of our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! Submissions end Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 11AM PDT so we can compile your questions before the stream.

We'll see you this Friday for our development update live stream! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
community_management.gif

Comments

• Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited September 2019
    Are there any plans to add innovative features to the tab target side of the MMORPG combat so it becomes more skill based (similar to GW2) ?
    signature.png
  • CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    Will the new acobatic leap in APOC BR be in MMORPG and/or Castle Siege?
    Kalez.png
  • CareFreeCactusCareFreeCactus Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Will events be a one time thing or will they respawn after a period of time? Wondering for people who may miss the event and thus miss out of the loot/experience.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    Do you have any events planned for October?

p.s do you have a lich skin for you favourite undead ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Do you have plans for low level Raids, IE level 10 or 20? I personally think if the player base familiarized themselves with raids, when they have less abilities and mechanics to contend with, Intrepid Studios would be allowed to really push the envelope with their raids in the late game.
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited September 2019
    Q: what variety of mage skills can we expect other than elemental ones from Archwizards?

also on a side note :
    will you consider passive random encounters that i made a thread about? (not world bosses, unique passive creatures)
    link
  • Nagash wrote: »
    Do you have any events planned for October?

p.s do you have a lich skin for you favourite undead ^^

if thats the case then we glorious elves also deserve something special ^^
  • Music is a big part of a game and I feel like people often don't pay enough attention to it.
    Do you have a composer in your team and if so, is it possible to have him in a livestream and hear some of his work?

And another question would be, does he have a favorite game/ composer where he gets some inspiration from?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Music is a big part of a game and I feel like people often don't pay enough attention to it.
    Do you have a composer in your team and if so, is it possible to have him in a livestream and hear some of his work?

And another question would be, does he have a favorite game/ composer where he gets some inspiration from?

bear mccreary is the composer
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Any chance of a ship/naval combat version of APOC?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Music is a big part of a game and I feel like people often don't pay enough attention to it.

yes,
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bear_McCreary
  • ChaoserChaoser Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Will Metropolises be able to ally and declare war on another alliance of metropolises effectively causing a "World War" ?
    uNIJtZO.png
  • digitalwinddigitalwind Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2019
    Will ships have wind mechanics and/or manual control of sails or will they handle more like cars on water?
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    What type of camera perspective can we expect to see in the MMO?

Apocalypse is for example third-person over the shoulder. Many MMO's are seen from directly behind the character.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2019
    Okay, I just want to make shure:
    Will we be able to wield a spear in one hand together with a shield?
    Another:
    Can you show us at least some information about the Tulnar?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Krim LKrim L Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Should we choose to forgo the ranged weapon slot in the MMORPG, will we be able to spec further into our melee weapon(s) than someone who did not forgo the ranged weapon slot?
  • Chaoser wrote: »
    Will Metropolises be able to ally and declare war on another alliance of metropolises effectively causing a "World War" ?

such an obvious question from an agent of chaos XD
  • Can we get anymore information in regards to the importance of Player/God relations? For example you previously mentioned about the Devoted follower system, and stated that although players don't need to venture into the realm of having a patron deity, it would be beneficial for them? Can you go into a bit more detail in regards to this area? Does having a deity link to the angelic/demon skins (perhaps a hint at an ascended level players can attain if they are most devoted).

Also..any news on the long-anticipated religious node article?

Lots of love xoxo
    Saturn_Aurora.png
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will the game support 21:9 monitor aspect ratio ?
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • DKPGuildsDKPGuilds Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A lot of focus has been put to the community side of the MMO genre i.e. with the referral and Node progression system being community driven. For further development in the hands of the community will Intrepid be making any API or plugins for online services that Third-Parties may use. For example a plugin for Guilds that can be used to provide data i.e. the Guild Charter and Guild Event Participants, so one day Third-Parties can use this to create Guild PVP tournaments or other community driven content that would encourage a lot more commitment from the community but also publicity for the game.

There are other things I would like to ask but only allocated one question at a time.
  • Fuppo HeadhunterFuppo Headhunter Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Will many or any of the quests in AoC have pop culture references ... kinda like wow but not to that extent? or easter eggish references?
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    edited September 2019
    Regarding the guild system, from the management standpoint, are going to be able to make in-guild quest for the members in order to join and/or escalate ranks in the guild
    And
    Can we have subgroups in our guild?
    Greetings from Mexico
    Verra Forever!!!
    giphy.gif
  • Will the MMO actually release?
  • KineticKinetic Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lumbermark wrote: »
    Regarding the guild system, what kind of guild management tools can we expect to see in game?
    Greetings from Mexico
    Verra Forever!!!

Leadership tools
    The developers are considering the following guild tools:[24][60]

Recruitment tools.
    Management tools.
    Delegation tools.
    Motivational systems.
    Roster.
    Communication tools.
    Guild alerts.
    Board messages.
    In game chat.
    Calendar.

List is sited on the wiki https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guilds
    Streaming nothing till Ashes release
  • RageskylarRageskylar Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    We haven't really had much of a metric on other systems other than node development or caravans, what would the current progress of Naval Combat, Sailing, Boats be? How far are we from seeing a sneak peek at least?
    We have also seen mostly Mount and Armor concept art come to life, when can we see one of the ship models or freeholds in their rendered state?
    Also thanks for giving us hope during this MMORPG drought! Keep doing your best!
  • WillWill Member
    edited September 2019
    We've seen a lot of articles and videos showing the environment and various creatures, will we be seeing articles and videos, or even just models, of the different NPC characters of Vera, if so is it something that is coming soon, perhaps in the next couple of upcoming live streams, or is it something you're holding off until closer to the release of the alpha or beta.
  • Thanks @cdkinetic :) I changed my question in order to be more specific about what information I'm looking for :#
    giphy.gif
  • If i follow a corrupted God, will i be able to get the corrupted look, or something similar. Like what you have shown on the corrupted troll? For gear or your racial skin?
  • NarysNarys Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In terms of breeding mounts, I understand there is a desire to minimise RNG - Does that mean that we will be bound by timers or a total number of "breeding attempts" per animal?
    wtmb2cxjbyas.gif