Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

insanely high GPU temp ingame

ZutchZutch Member
edited September 2019 in Support & FAQ
Hello, first time posting here ! i was very excited to try the game, i downloaded it from Steam but to my shock i had to close it minutes after launching it. my GPU went nuts with very high temperatures reaching 80c ! at the character selection screen, i lowered every graphics setting and set a frame rate cap to 60, but the temperature would stay the same !

unknown.png

my pc setup is ;

CPU: i7 4770 (Water cooled)
GPU : RX 580 8GB Red Devil Golden Sample (factory OC)
RAM: 16gb 1866mhz HyperX

is this the UE4 Optimization issue or should i forget about the game all together ?

Comments

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    80C is not bad for a modern GPU at max capacity. i dont think you should worry about it unless it goes above 90C. to be sure you could check at what temp the GPU fans kick in and perhaps adjust them to run at max RPM/voltage from 70C and up. if with max air flow the temp still goes towards this 90C you could also cap framerate trough windows.
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • Wololo wrote: »
    80C is not bad for a modern GPU at max capacity. i dont think you should worry about it unless it goes above 90C. to be sure you could check at what temp the GPU fans kick in and perhaps adjust them to run at max RPM/voltage from 70C and up.

thank you for your reply, i have a custom fan curve setup., and it goes very loud at that temperature, i personally don't like playing a game at 80C on average, i think that's very bad, even after lowering everything to minimum.

• tried to enter a match, for some weird reason i can't even see or abjust my video settings anymore(they just disappeared) temps were around 74~ ., am gonna skip this game for now, hopefully in beta they'd fix something? although i doubt it, Unreal Engine has a shitty performance altogether. (RIP paragon)
  • 80c is nothing. Your far better off with high GPU usage then not as opposed to CPU. Lastly, a repaste is probably in order.
  • Hi there! We have been working to continue optimizing Apocalypse, and adjusting some of your in-game settings (like you've been doing) can help to improve your performance in-game as well :)

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but if you continue to see issues, please feel free to open a tech support ticket here so our team can assist you further: https://support.ashesofcreation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000558614

community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.