Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Combat effects are too much

pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
I enjoy combat effects in an MMO but, this isn't one. I find I often lose my target within the effects.

Toning them down 25% and getting feedback would be my suggestion.

Comments

• NarysNarys Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do like the visuals but feel they could be toned down quite a bit - I'm hopeful this will happen as we move through development.
    wtmb2cxjbyas.gif
  • NotSoDarkNotSoDark Member
    edited September 2019
    I agree, sometimes I lose track of ppl cause of the effects.
    Either tone them down or camera angle wider, prefered camera angle 😜
  • BrigadoomBrigadoom Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I Full heartedly agree. As person who enjoys pvp. I think reducing the visual effects by like 30% or more is a good idea. I lag horribly when in a 4v4 with zone almost closed because there are just too many effects happening at once.
  • The camera angle will be completely different in the MMORPG and I'm sure you'd be able to edit it. I do agree though ! The effects are, albeit pretty.. very very excessive. Some of the higher end spells or talents or whatever could have effects maybe 50% of what they are now. But if every ability in the MMORPG is looking like the ones in APOC that is going to be a pretty large problem. I'm sure they'll start listening to this feedback sometime . Hopefully !
    Poko.png
  • @pyreal Those effects are already comfirmed to be tuned down for the mmo. In the BR they are supposed to do that and create openings.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    @grisu good to hear!
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Agreed