Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

I feel like XP should be buffed a bit.

GubstepGubstep Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Just buff XP a bit. <500-1000xp a match is crazy low. 13-26+ matches for a single level?
Software Engineer
Addon Developer
OG Backer

Comments

• Yeah i'm doing the math on getting the dragon, and i do not think it will be possible for the casuals. I don't mind grinding but i've been going for two hours and still lvl 1...
  • FlashmanFlashman Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    It's a situation where getting the dragon isn't something they'd be too interested in making easier/achievable for more casual players because, frankly, if they're in this for the stats, they want people to be playing HEAPS. The biggest problem I can see if the huge dislike for it on Steam (see the reviews), which means a lot of people won't be interested in grinding out the dragon, even if the XP was buffed.
  • TheCouchNerdTheCouchNerd Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you get the legendary path for $10 you'll be able to get lvl 5-6 in 1 hour by doing the weekly quests. Without you should be able to get 4-5 and then you can grind the rest by placing high in the matches.
  • I was planning on playing this weekend to get the dragon, but it's impossible. I've played (cluelessly) for 3 hours and I'm still level one.
  • TheCouchNerdTheCouchNerd Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Focus on the daily and weekly quests. Do whatever they say and don't focus on winning the game. After you've done those you can play the games and try and survive as long as you can. You'll get decent amount of XP then.
  • I don't have daily and weekly quests, how do I get them?
  • Actually most matches you end up with 200 xp. The math on the means to get the mount in the 3 days is impossible~ 65 matches per level times 7....455 5 minute matches ?! lol come on man.,.. thats rediculous. that 38 hours of gameplay to get a free mount? kinda rediculous
  • RumloxRumlox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    wait you only get the quests if you buy the pass?
    DoneRumloxShadow.png
  • I semi figured it out. You get more weekly quests if you pay. With the amount I have, I don't think it's possible. One of my weeklies (rez people) is impossible as far as I can tell.
  • RumloxRumlox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    lol i have free path from life and i still think that's bullshit
    DoneRumloxShadow.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    rumlox wrote: »
    lol i have free path from life and i still think that's bullshit

It does feel like something EA would do
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Honestly I don’t think they should change it, I didint pay and I managed to reach lv 30 in like 3-5hrs it’s not impossible just grind and do all the quests
    Lavios wrote: »
    Honestly I don’t think they should change it, I didint pay and I managed to reach lv 30 in like 3-5hrs it’s not impossible just grind and do all the quests

Show proof
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • supernesuperne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    the 30 is most likely a typo of a 3.

3 levels could be done with quests in a short time.
    superne wrote: »
    the 30 is most likely a typo of a 3.

3 levels could be done with quests in a short time.

I agree that is possible but I call BS at 30
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• genisys wrote: »
    Actually most matches you end up with 200 xp. The math on the means to get the mount in the 3 days is impossible~ 65 matches per level times 7....455 5 minute matches ?! lol come on man.,.. thats rediculous. that 38 hours of gameplay to get a free mount? kinda rediculous

Actually, I bought the embers and unlocked the legendary quests. Spent yesterday and 3 hours today grindning the quests and xp and got the moutn (reached lvl 7) So, it's doable just need the legendary quests too. :-)
  • Yesterday, I reached the lvl 7 without legendary quests. Fortunately, we received the new weekly quests what means 2 levels just the bonus. Without it, I would not be able to finish it in time. Even with this it was so many hours.
  • Yea most of your exp should be coming from the quests ~ ! I have bought the pass so I get a lot of extra quests with the legendary path but I'm sure level 7 is reachable with the new weekly quests as well. It shouldn't be too bad as long as you're focusing on completing all the quests.
    Poko.png
  • Poko wrote: »
    It shouldn't be too bad as long as you're focusing on completing all the quests.
    It is depend on lot of things. I do not know anybody among my friends who play with this game. That means I do not have anybody to play with only random persons. There are no chat so I can't talk with the team mates. Saturday, I was not able to play duo, because I never received random partner. In Sunday I also had trouble to receive partners, but at least 70-80% of the game I had partners. I had a quest to revive 4 times. It is still open to solve, because I did not have chance to revive somebody. There were many times, when nobody died until the last 1-2 minutes where no chance to revive anybody. Of course sometimes I was the weak chain link.(Current status 3/4.)
    From this week quest, I had 2 where I needed specific damage. I played about 5-6 games and I only find blue weapon with this kind of damage (everything else red). After that I decided to go kamikaze mode, pick the blue weapon and attack even a team to get some damage. It took 2-3 games to have the damage with blue weapon. The wand damage quest is still open.
    As I read the bug reports somebody received quest to make meteor damage, but the system does not count it.
    So there were many times when I was not sure that this dragon worth its 'price'.
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    getting lvl 7 is ez. even more so now they incresed the event till wednesday. getting lvl 50 is ez too if you see how much time we have for it :P like most alrdy sayd; gotta focus on the quests
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&