Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Starting from the Ashes

GimlogGimlog Member
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Verra is a abandoned world , and we are going to spread civilisation on from the ashes. So do economy.

I like the idea of coming on the first day of a server and be a pioneer. There will be ashes but what else?

Do we have any information on how we will have ours first axes, pick axes , ect. Do we come with it or will there be NPC waiting at the portal to give them to us ?
And why should I start as a gatherer ?
I was planning to be a crafter but where am I going to earn my first coin to buy material ?
And wait ...There won't be any market place in the first days , no ?

How am I going to participate to leveling of nodes as a early processor or crafter ?

This are stuff I'd like to clarify, if any one have answers let me know.

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    From what steven has said we are the 2nd wave of people coming back to Verra. the first wave where the scouts who set up a staging ground and some small nodes, it up to us the 2nd wave to reconquer the rest of Verra
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think it is safe to assume there will be some sort of weapon from a early quest. These quests can also make you gather materials which kick off the artisan supply chain. From there on it seems a natural process since gaining experience levels the node.
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gimlog wrote: »
    Verra is a abandoned world , and we are going to spread civilisation on from the ashes. So do economy.

I like the idea of coming on the first day of a server and be a pioneer. There will be ashes but what else?

Do we have any information on how we will have ours first axes, pick axes , ect. Do we come with it or will there be NPC waiting at the portal to give them to us ?
    And why should I start as a gatherer ?
    I was planning to be a crafter but where am I going to earn my first coin to buy material ?
    And wait ...There won't be any market place in the first days , no ?

How am I going to participate to leveling of nodes as a early processor or crafter ?

This are stuff I'd like to clarify, if any one have answers let me know.

"When the building types are determined, the community will then need to bring resources into the node (using caravans) and come together to construct the buildings (via quests and the like)."
    They could make it so that quests for buildings require crafted items etc to progress, and that in turn would then grant the node experience.

Nodes have 7 stages:
    Wilderness, Expedition, Emcampment, Village, Town, City, Metropolis

Expeditions will have rudimentary NPCs, and you will have questlines and events to unlock more NPC types.
    Timeframes for avancement:
    Expedition - few hours
    Encampment - many hours
    Village - Few days
    Town - Many days
    City - few weeks
    Metropolis - many weeks

"The exact percentage of advancement from obtaining items or killing monsters is not going to be explicitly known to avoid "gaming" the system."

Gatherers contribute exp to the node if they gather inside of the Zone of Influence. Crafters contribute by crafting and "Fighters" contribute by slaying creatures and clearing dungeons etc.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Thanks Nagash , I didn't know about the first wave , I thought we where.
    Knowing this answer all my questions.

I guess this timeframe are the one for A1 and may change ? Or are they what you expect to be ? Damokles ?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Happy to help ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gimlog wrote: »
    Thanks Nagash , I didn't know about the first wave , I thought we where.
    Knowing this answer all my questions.

I guess this timeframe are the one for A1 and may change ? Or are they what you expect to be ? Damokles ?

They are information, that we got from earlier streams. All is subject to change ofc ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Maybe they can make Alpha 2 the 'first wave' (since the world will be persistent). They start with some rudimentary items, and have to build up the starting nodes for the rest of the players.

If not Alpha, how about the head start? Since the nodes will be off, the people can start gathering and building the original buildings for the hordes to come after them?

That would be a wonderful way to start the game. First wave has to put in the infrastructure for the rest. The only help they would have is from the GMs or Intrepid employees (or possibly Phoenix Initiative backers).
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the idea of Alpha testing being a 'first wave' approach and that might allow them to use some lore they would otherwise want to reserve for the game.

However, the alphas and betas will be wiped before release. As for the head start servers, making them dramatically different, even if just from a lore/role-play aspect, than the other servers could be bad. Especially since, I believe, there is no longer an option to buy into a head start.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin