Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

If today's views on twitch are any indication I feel the BR has paid for itself in press.

OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I think today is a significant increase in press for the game in player views of the BR. I hope that it continues because it's legitimatized the choice for the BR. Now I hope the MMO can gain interest off the back of all these views. The work is forward facing though so I feel it will take some development time away from the MMO to polish it enough to keep the press positive.

Comments

• If the feedback is as negative as I'm seeing, it could mean disaster for the game. The title could become associated with negative opinions and not be able to separate from them when the real game is released.
  • bakes82bakes82 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No one likes this shitty as fuck BR. We backed a MMO and this is what we get. Just a big money grab.
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited September 2019
    If the feedback is as negative as I'm seeing, it could mean disaster for the game. The title could become associated with negative opinions and not be able to separate from them when the real game is released.

It can go either way honestly. Since gamers nowadays are very finicky, one day they love something and then the next they hate it. Look at the ups and downs of other titles such as TERA, Blade and Soul, ESO and GW2.
    All these titles had their development and choices questioned and players left and yet there are those who continue to put time and money into them.

It's ok to be critical sometimes but try to see the bigger picture.
  • I mean you backed something and would rather have nothing ? or an unfinished game early ? I'm sure they could have some early access alpha 1 or something of the beta and have it be terrible and laggy and bugging since it hasn't even been in development for nearly as long as even older mmorpgs.

Even if you don't like the BR you should see what it does for the game long term. I haven't been a part of any MMORPG launches but all I hear are huge ques and servers crashing and being horribly laggy. Hopefully with the testing they're doing in apoc they will have real data and players to test limits out with. This seems extremely helpful to me and I don't see a lot of companies doing it. Obviously it would have cosmetics in it because it is a service they're keeping up 24/7 now and that isn't just free. It would just be like throwing money away if they had nothing to buy in it at all.
    Poko.png
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Honestly once we get into the alpha and beta stages of the MMO and its all there for people to see the hype train will kick into high gear and apoc will be in the distant and forgotten past.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Varkun wrote: »
    Honestly once we get into the alpha and beta stages of the MMO and its all there for people to see the hype train will kick into high gear and apoc will be in the distant and forgotten past.

Lets just hope thats true
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There was a stream today with Steven and 3 other devs playing apoc for a number of hours and there were quite a lot of questions asked and Steven did his best to answer them. The one question I found interesting was about castle siege and horde mode where Steven mentioned that it was likely that alpha1 would be in testing before horde mode would be.

Its alpha 1 we all desire most.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I wonder what we would be doing in MMORPG Alpha 1 without the mobs from testing environment Horde.
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »
    I wonder what we would be doing in MMORPG Alpha 1 without the mobs from testing environment Horde.

Is it that hard to "paint brush" a couple hundred wandering mobs in the world with some kill 10 of these loot 15 of this and collect 30 of those? They did in alpha 0
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Dygz My understanding is that horde mode would be more testing of large pve combat balance which we won't see a lot of till A2 from previous statements. And the monster coin system. A1 will be a series of up and down tests I bet sort of like APOC BR has been. We will have A1, stuff will go wonky, will go down for indeterminate periods of time while they fix issues, have another test, lather, rinse, repeat until they feel they can work on the A2 persistent with confidence. Horde will release while they polish up the data from A1 for A2, then we will see those concepts and break them again. But, who knows?
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The press can say "this game will give you testicular cancer and was funded using dead babies" and MMO players are so thirsty for a game, they'd flock to play it.

Games with bad press/reputation still get massive player interest.

Bless
    Rend
    Conquerer's Blade
    Archeage Unchained

Do I need further examples?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Karthos wrote: »
    The press can say "this game will give you testicular cancer and was funded using dead babies" and MMO players are so thirsty for a game, they'd flock to play it.

Games with bad press/reputation still get massive player interest.

Bless
    Rend
    Conquerer's Blade
    Archeage Unchained

Do I need further examples?

the question is how many survive
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • KaienKaien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Im not a big BR fan so my gametime in apoc is very limited, join a few games here and there. I just hope i get to test the proper MMO soon so i can sink deep into it and help with anything. But sure more and more people will maybe snap up this game due to BR via twitch so im all for it the more we are the better! :)